Nothing says welcome to summer vacation to an English teacher like a Pride and Prejudice marathon.
Now when I say Pride and Prejudice, I like most girls, am referring to the Masterpiece Theater BBC version that stared Colin Firth as Mr. Darcy. Who doesn't love Mr. Darcy? Throw the very handsome Colin Firth into the mix, and I'm sold.
I should mention at this point that Bucko is convinced our little Buckaroo is a girl. So when he asked of my plans for the day, the conversation went like this:
Me: I'm introducing little peanut to the wonders of Jane Austen.
Bucko: Because she doesn't need to know anything about strong female leading characters.
Me: Lizzie Bennett happens to be a very strong female character thank you very much.
Bucko: Who? ( TL face palm)
Me: Lizzie Bennett... the female lead in Pride and Prejudice. She has no problem telling Mr. Darcy he is an arrogant jerkface.
Bucko: But she marries him anyway!
Me: She was willing to look over his jerkface ways and loved him anyway.
Bucko: Nobody actually does that.
Me: I did... (That's right I went there)
Bucko: (With a grin) That was a low blow, but since you just compared me to Colin Firth I'll take it. You girls have fun.
Buckaroo and I had a wonderful day avoiding nausea curled up on the couch watching Mr. Darcy.
TL.
ReplyDeleteI love that you say throwing up never felt so good. And good books make all the difference.
Keep close with all of us,
Meredith
I have never been happier to be sick in all my life. Totally worth every second.
DeleteYou are having a boy- so I can buy argyle and Hawaiian shirts JUST to tick off Bucko. And don't go there mister, you know TL will have to put it on the baby at least once to send Auntie Willie a photo of him in his dashing little outfit. Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh TL...we can dress them the same!!
ReplyDeleteANYWAY.. My boys indulge me with girlie flicks on occasion. I think it is great that you are teaching HIM young.
Great zinger on the Buckster too. Good to know you aren't puking out your sarcasm. Still spewing it though !
love willie
Bucko says there will be no argyle. Hawaiian shirts he's completely fine with as long as you get him one to match. (Heaven help me.) He will be thrilled with whatever Auntie Willie sends. I'll make sure of that. :)
DeleteI can't loose the sarcasm; someone must teach the art to little Buckaroo.
Love,
TL
Uh uh Willikins...Buckaroo is a girl. I have my fabrics all picked out!
DeleteHey TL, we may need to mention to Willie one more time what she is missing having not seen The Princess Bride. I feel as though I haven't reminded her enough in recent days.
Bucko agrees with you that Buckaroo is a girl. I can't wait to see what you have picked. ;)
DeleteNot having seen The Princess Bride is a travesty. We need to fix this Susie! Our friend needs us!
The Colin Firth Mr. Darcy has nothing on the one in my imagination. Congratulations about your tiny miracle!! There are few things more fun than sharing your favorite books with them. Enjoy the summer.
ReplyDeleteI agree with you, but Colin is an acceptable substitute. ;) I'm excited to share lots of books with our little Buckaroo. Thanks for the congrats.
DeleteTL
The conversation between you and Bucko really made me grin T...happy you a Buckaroo enjoyed the movie. Hope the nausea goes away soon.
ReplyDeleteHugs and Blessings...
Caat
We had a great time. I don't mind the nausea too much, since it just lets me know that my little buckaroo is okay.
DeleteHugs,
TL
And you didn't get a spanking for that. Glad to see that Bucko has a great sense of humor
ReplyDeleteIf Bucko spanked me every time I was sarcastic, his hand would fall off. I'm glad he has a great sense of humor too.
DeleteJane Austen marathons are the best! I'm so glad that you are able to make the most of your special time while waiting for your little buckeroo to arrive. Even though you've got months to go - it's all a precious time. I'm so so happy for you! ♥
ReplyDeletehugs,
Cali
I'm glad I have the summer off to rest and enjoy this. We are so happy. :)
Deletehugs,
TL
I love love love the Colin Fieth version. My twin sister and I always watch it together and swoon.
ReplyDeleteLol, you two are too cute. :)
ReplyDelete