"Should be the title of your next blog post," He said. "Because that is what I want you to take away from all of this. You aren't a burden, I wouldn't do it if I didn't want to. I like spanking you."
The other night Bucko came home and announced that it was finally time for my birthday spanking. Apparently there is no statute of limitations on that sort of thing.
"March yourself back to the bedroom."
"Can I just walk? Marching requires rhythm and you know I'm not really good at that sort of thing."
"Cute, woman. Very funny. Get going."
We headed to the bedroom and once I was "settled" Bucko announced that we had a lot to talk about. We had the fun birthday spanking and then something serious to discuss. Huh? Bucko say what now?
Bucko proceeded with the birthday spanking. It was fun, but way more than 31 spanks. Then apparently asking your HOH if he forgot how to count, only gets you more spanks. We ended up cuddling and giggling. Life was good and that was the end of the "festivities" for the evening. Or so I thought.
"Alright back over. It's new rule day."
"Huh? What are you talking about Bucko."
"I have a new rule for you, and the best way to institute a new rule is to make sure you have good motivation not do it again."
"You can't make up rules all willy nilly, like that."
"I'm the HOH. I can totally make up rules all willy nilly like that. Back over."
Back over I go, and on we go with the spanking. He pulls out the small bath brush, which he was using rather lightly at the time, and proceeded to announce that now it was a rule. No more rolling my eyes at him. Hold your horses, Bucko. I tried to tell him he couldn't make a rule that was impossible for me to follow. He said I better learn to try. Some where in the midst of this "discussion" I caught a case of the giggles. Evidently, giggling during a spanking is just as bad as yawning.
"Apparently you aren't taking this seriously enough, up on your knees."
Bucko's new favorite spanking position is with him on the bed and me over his lap, but up on my knees so that just my chest is touching his lap. It makes me feel vulnerable and presents a target Bucko seems to like. I swear it makes it hurt more too. A few more spanks and yes Sirs later we are done with this spanking. We established that this was another arbitrary rule, like the no being a smart ass rule.
I was close to tears, but ended up stopping just short. It was a little frustrating being so close to that moment of release and not quite getting there. I didn't say anything to Bucko at this point. He's been doing well on his own, and I hate to say anything and ruin that.
After "new rule day," which apparently Bucko loves new rule day, we were cuddling and talking. Bucko asked me what was wrong. He's so good at reading me, he just seemed to know. I told him I felt there were other more important established rules that I felt needed to be taken care of before we moved on to rules like no eye rolling. He asked for an example and I told him that I felt we weren't following the rules about my blood sugar well, and that I felt I couldn't do it without his help. He said it was hard for him to do since it wasn't something he was doing well with himself. Then he laid down the law for both of us.
Then he asked why I hadn't brought it up before. I did something new then. I didn't say I didn't know. I told him the truth. I said that I didn't want to feel like a burden. I told him I see that look on his face that says he doesn't want to "do" this. That's when it happened.
"I like spanking you,"
"I know you like it sometimes, but I see that look on your face. The 'oh great now I have to spank her' look."
"No you see the 'oh great now I have to punish her' look. I don't like punishing you, but I like spanking you."
"No you have that look even when it was for fun."
Well before I knew it I was back over his lap and he was spanking with that brush much harder than before. He told me I was not allowed to tell him what he meant or felt.
I immediately got angry and told him to stop. He didn't want to at first, but once he saw I was really upset he did so immediately. I told him it wasn't fair to ask me what I thought and then get upset at what I said. How can he expect me to open up and share my feelings if that's the result.
"You can tell me I misinterpreted, but you can't spank me for what I feel. That's not fair."
He stared at me brush in hand for a long moment, before he agreed with me. He apologized and invited me to cuddle. I could tell he was upset with himself, and I assured him I was fine. I know he dislikes making mistakes as much as I do, but this bump in the road seemed to lead us to a good place. The talk we had cuddling was great.
"It's okay, honey. I'm fine really. I just wanted you to understand how I felt."
"I know. I don't like hurting you. So I beat myself up for a few minutes, but I'm okay now."
"I know this is all hard for you. I just don't want you to get upset and quit."
"That's not going to happen. It's still new to me, but I'm not giving up on it. I don't like hurting you, but I like spanking you."
"I know you say that, but I know sometimes it seems like it's not what you want and you are only doing it for me."
"I will do a lot for you, but most of the time it's for me too, and I don't do anything I don't want to.
"Okay well 90% me and 10% for you."
"It's not exactly 50/50 but it is way closer than 90/10. Spanking you keeps you calm, balanced, happy, and with me. What wouldn't I like about that? Besides, your butt looks really good pink."
The tears came then, and he held me while I cried. There was some laughter through those tears too. It was an emotional roller coaster to go from fun spanking to role affirmation to almost discipline and then all the emotions from talking. It was a bumpy ride, but it left us in a good place. The last couple days have been really good. I guess he really is in it for the long haul. I thought it was something he did for me. I thought he was suffering through it, because it made me happy. Turns out I was wrong. He likes spanking me.
I have often struggled with The Man doing something just for me, or that he doesn't want to do. He explained to me, "1. I like it. 2. I like what it does for you. 3. I like what it does for us. 4. It's something you need, why wouldn't I give that to you as I happen to love you?" I think we all struggle with this need we have. The Man hates having to punish me as well, but knows it's a way to wipe the slate clean for us and assuages any guilt I may feel... Good for you guys.
ReplyDeleteThe Man and Bucko sound very much alike. I'd suggest we get the two of them together, but I'm not sure that would go well for us. ;) It does feel better to know that he is doing it for him and not just because it is something I need.
DeleteWell this was an interesting birthday spanking! And a Very Happy Birthday to you!
ReplyDeleteFirst the birthday spanks, then more intense, then much harder. BUT, you talked a great deal and you found your way around the bumps! That's so important - difficult sometimes - but important. Well done both!
A small bath brush sounds like a big hairbrush! Sorry, I know I shouldn't be smiling but I can't help it. I recognise the spanking position too!!! Except when it gets very hard and then I try to crawl away across and down off the bed! And that's kind of funny too when you think about it!
Happy Easter and hugs
Ami
Thank you for the birthday wishes. It was a bumpy ride, but it seems like we came out in a good place. Coming out on the other side seems to make it worth the trip.
DeleteThe small bathbrush is definitely not one of my favorite things, and I have tried crawling off the bed. It doesn't ever seem to work. Let me know if you figure out how to make it work.
Hugs,
TL
I feel the same guilt for burdening him with this responsibility althoughWes assures me that he doesn't feel that way.
ReplyDeleteBea
PS my gravatar now links to my blog.
It makes me feel better to know that. :) I will be sure to check out your latest post.
Delete*Grins* Looks like you have a 100% certified, bonafied HoH :) I know that position, too - sighs. I see growth, and I hear a deep down happiness, satisfaction, joy that looks great on you :)
ReplyDelete(((hugs)))
It sure seems like he has found his hat. I feel better than I have in a long time. That has to be a good thing.
DeleteHey T...over here smiling and doing my happy dance for both of you and giving a standing ovation to Bucko! So happy here finally got through to you. :D
ReplyDelete"...asking your HOH if he forgot how to count..." ROFL...oh T, you are creative aren't you. ;)
Sending lots of positive energy your way.
Hugs and Blessings,
Cat
Hey Cat,
DeleteIf you keep complimenting Bucko like that his head will get all big and his hat won't fit.
I am very creative. Thank you!
I appreciate all the positive energy. You are a great cheerleader. Even if you do give Bucko a big head.
Hugs,
TL
TL, I'm also grinning. You definitely have a bonafide HoH on your hands. A lot of wondering stuff having here and you sound happy with is so great to see.
ReplyDeleteI know that feeling of not wanting to burden him, or asking him to do something for you. Bucko is right, they don't want to punish us, but they do want to spank us. I've had this conversation with Rick too and he says it's in no way any burden, even though he dislikes punishing,. He has the ultimate goal of helping me and improving our relationship.
Hugs,
Roz
It is nice to hear I'm not the only one that has this concern. It sometimes seems like I'm too needy and I worry about overwhelming Bucko. It does help to get that reassurance even though on some level it makes me feel needy for needing it. I'm working on it.
DeleteHugs,
TL
That is so awesome! What a day. So I take it you're 30 then? 30 + 1? It is so wonderful that he likes spanking you, even if he doesn't like punishing you, that he likes the way it bring you two together, and how it helps calm you down. That is a great place to be in. LOVED the marching line about not being able to keep rhythm. :) You guys are so cute! :)
ReplyDelete30+1 or as I like to say I'm 29 for the 3rd time. Thank you very much. I try to be clever and Bucko is naturally adorable. :D
DeleteHugs,
TL
What a great post, TL. I can't wait to hear how the new rule will turn out. Good luck. :)
ReplyDeletem.
This is something I have often asked H. It's hard not to feel like we are burdening them when we break the rules. I think he just need the reassurance that they love us and are not doing this because they have to, but because they want to because of the results.
ReplyDeleteCallie
The reassurance really does seem to help me. It makes me feel better about needing and wanting this when I know it is something he wants too.
DeleteI'm also happy dancing for you and Bucko. The communication throughout this "birthday spanking" was wonderful.
ReplyDeleteAnd...happy birthday! Hope this is a wonderful year for you, TL!
Elisa Xo
Thank you. It was a great birthday. I'm hopeful this year will be a good one.
DeleteOMG, it's like deja vu. Almost exactly the same thing was said by my husband. He loves to spank but not punish. And it helps him too. Kind of nice to know that someone else sees things like Ty does.
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday! Thirty-one..... you are just a young one. I don't know if I could handle a birthday spanking.
One of the best things about this blog is my being able to see I'm not the only one. If Ty thinks like Bucko he must be a great guy. Of course, he picked you so I knew that already.
DeleteThank you. I remember when I thought 30 was so old. 31 was a harder birthday than 31, but I'm doing well with it now. Maybe your HOH will forget how to count like mine. ;)
Hugs,
TL
AW, that's so great! What a beautiful interaction!
ReplyDeleteThank you. It feels like we are in a good place.
DeleteI am so glad you are in a good place at the moment, what an exhausting evening you had!! Bucko seems to be quite happy with his role, Don't go worrying that you are a burden. whatever they say, they ALL LIKE SPANKING US! I've worked that out if nothing else.
ReplyDeletelove Jan.xxx
Bucko does seem like he's in a good place. It's my nature to worry, but I'm trying to get better at it.
DeleteHugs,
TL
Oh the burden thing! I still go there sometimes too TL.
ReplyDeleteThat Bucko is enjoying his hat these days! Heh.
Good for both of you for getting through a topsy turvy night and coming out of it the way you did.
I can't seem to help but worry about it, but I'm trying not to. Bucko is really digging his hat. I can't get the thing off him. Thanks Susie. It was a rough night, but I think we are better for it.
DeleteHugs,
TL