It's hard to believe, but one year ago (almost to the day believe it or not) I was just like you. I wasn't a blogger, heck I didn't even have the nerve to make a comment. I was a lurker.
I was exploring. I would read my favorite blogs, and try to learn from their experiences. No pressure. It was pretty swell, actually. Lurking is awesome, and you are awesome for doing it. Even if you don't say anything I know you are there, and it feels incredible to feel like someone is listening. Sometimes that's all you need to get through a rough time. Thank you for being my someone to listen. Your very presence has helped me on this crazy trip my life has taken over the past year. For that I am very grateful.
It's pretty awesome to get to read your favorite blogs with no pressure. I know I used to read blogs like Rogue's, Stormy's, and Willie's , but I would never comment. I thought of them, and many others, like celebrities. Now I get to call them my friends. Now I get to not only hear their stories, I get to be a part of them. The best part of opening up was all the friends I've made.
Now, I know what you are thinking. Well more precisely, I know what I was thinking when I was in your shoes. The thoughts go something like this:
I don't have anything to contribute. Sure you do. You don't need to do anything more than be you and say hi to be a part of this community. We are very welcoming, and you can never have enough friends. Anything you want to share is more than enough of a contribution.
Who cares what I have to say? I do, and I'm just one of many. I know it can be difficult when you think no one cares or is listening, but I promise that's not true. Look at you guys! You care and are listening to me, and probably a whole host of other bloggers. We want to do the same for you. Trust me!
I'm scared! I know you are! That first time pushing the publish button is intimidating. But, you know what? The second time is easier. The time after that is even easier still. Starting to comment, or even starting a blog of your own reminds me of a scene from one of my favorite movies, The Princess Diaries. Yep, I love kids movies... so no worries. There is no judgement here.
Today is a great day to live a little. I started my blog last LOL day, and I haven't regretted it for a minute. I hope this LOL day will bring as many wonderful friends as the last one did. I would love to get to know the wonderful people who have been a silent part of my life. I encourage you to take a big deep breath, and push the publish button. I want to hear your thoughts, as you have heard mine. Please say hello. Even if you are too shy to say anything know that you are welcomed and appreciated here.
Happy LOL day everyone!

Hi TL, I hope you have a happy LOL day, it's great to be part of it all isn't it?
ReplyDeletelove Jan.xx
Thanks Jan,
DeleteIt's pretty awesome! I hope you have a great day too!
Love,
TL
I Joined your site a long time ago but haven't commented in awhile!
ReplyDeleteHappy LOL Day :)
# MrBBSpanker
Well, welcome back! Happy LOL day to you too.
DeleteHappy LOL day. You are one of the first people I ever spoke to in this community, thank you
ReplyDeleteThat's awesome. I'm so glad you decided to say hi to me. Happy LOL Day.
DeleteHappy LOL Day TL :)
ReplyDeleteCallie
Happy LOL day to you too!
DeleteI'm so glad you're here. I remember thinking these people were celebrities too - wow the first time Bonnie spoke to me… wow! That was okay, but having these people as friends is so much better.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad I got to know you too. It's always nice to have another teacher who understands. Friends are much better than celebrities.
DeleteHappy first LOL Day TL! I'm so glad you are here and to be able to call you friend. Thank you for support, encouragement and advice you have given me.
ReplyDeleteHugs,
Roz
Anytime Roz. You have been a great friend and inspiration over the past year. Thank you for all you've done for me.
DeleteHugs,
TL
Happy LOL day! I remember feeling all of those thing and sometimes still do. Blogland is a great, non-judgmental place to share ttwd.
ReplyDeleteKim
Blogland is pretty awesome. It can still be a bit strange to put yourself out there, but totally worth it.
DeleteIs this my first time commenting? I thought I'd been here before, but maybe you've changed blog themes since then. Anyway, I got to know you a bit through Spank or Treat. Hope you're enjoying your new ereader. :)
ReplyDeleteI'm loving it. Bucko got my old one and he's very excited about his new toy. I'm not sure if this is your first comment or not, but I hope it won't be the lat. Thank you for stopping by. Happy LOL day!
DeleteYou just wrote this entire post so you could slip in a minute of The Princess Diaries so I would have to watch! I am on to you!!
ReplyDeleteMe a celebrity? Well I do rock white fur and a stone necklace like no other! I am happy you delurked my friend ( I mean how else would I have gotten to know Bucko *wink*).
Seriously, I have enjoyed getting to know you, both of you, over the past year. Even through all of our stumbles or because of all of our stumbles. You are a fantastic writer and an even better friend. I can't wait for Christmas break where we can discover more disturbing internet Memes while searching for innocent things ( oh hush out there, it always STARTS off innocent!)
love ya
willie
It was Princess Diaries or Wizard of Oz, but yes you are on to my evil plan. Bucko would be lost without you, and so would I. I'm glad I de-lurked so I could find my amazing friend to the north. How else would I have learned about weird things like maple syrup money, bags of milk, and how to properly cook a moose. (*Wink*)
DeleteI love our special time together on holiday breaks. Hopefully we can steer clear of sloths this time! At least the ones that want to rape you.
Love ya,
TL
Well don't follow the Moose cooking instructions to a T I gave you. We earn enough Maple Syrup money that we don't cook it for ourselves now. We get take out.
DeleteIs there a place that delivers moose? That must be expensive. What a waste of maple syrup money.
DeleteHello and best wishes DJ Black
ReplyDeletevoiceinthecorner.com
Thank you and welcome!
DeleteHi TL,
ReplyDeleteHappy LOL 8 day! I'm a regular visitor to your blog, and always enjoy your posts.
Hugs,
Hermione
Hermione your blog never ceases to make me smile. I'm so glad you enjoy your time here.
DeleteHugs,
TL
Very nice, insightful post TL.
ReplyDeleteHappy LOL Day to you. It's my first time here, but I really like your blog - I'll be back!
May there be many, many more comments under mine. ;)
Best wishes,
U.
Hi Underling,
DeleteWelcome! I'm so glad that you decided to come by and that it won't be your last visit. I hope you have a fantastic LOL day.
TL
Happy LOL Day!
ReplyDeleteYou too, Sara. I hope it was fabulous.
DeleteHappy LOL day!! I think you captured it very well. It IS like these bloggers are celebrities! As soon as you join in you find a warm, caring community that rise up to support you in a way that is incomparable. <3
ReplyDeleteThe fear goes away almost immediately once you realize how welcoming everyone is. I'm so glad I've gotten the chance to get to know you. Happy LOL day!
DeleteHappy LOL Day :)
ReplyDeleteHappy LOL day to you too, Jennelle!
DeleteHappy LOL Day to you and Bucko. We hope you're doing well.
ReplyDelete-Clint and Chelsea
Learning Domestic Discipline
I hope you guys had a wonderful LOL day as well. Bucko and I are doing well, and we hope you are too.
DeleteWhat a sweet post. Happy LOL DAY! :)
ReplyDeleteThank you Kenzie! Happy LOL day!
DeleteHope you get lots of lurkers to comment. Nice post.
ReplyDeleteHappy LOL Day
I hope so, and I hope you do as well. Thanks for stopping by. Happy LOL day!
DeleteHappy LOL Day T! So happy you pushed the button. Don't always comment but do visit quite often. ;)
ReplyDeleteBlessings...
Cat
I'm glad I pushed it too. I'm glad I've gotten to know you. Thank you for all your wonderful words of support over the past year.
DeleteHugs,
TL
Happy LOL Day, T! We are so blessed, as a community, to have you among us! :D
ReplyDeleteThank you, Christina. Happy LOL day! I have loved getting to know you over the past year. :)
DeleteHappy LoL Day TL! I was clammed up last year too. I thought everybody knew everybody already and couldn't imagine being welcomed. Even being invited in wasn't enough. So glad you took the plunge!
ReplyDeleteHappy LOL day to you too. I'm glad that we both decided to take that plunge. Everyone is so welcoming and blogland is a pretty great place to be.
DeleteHappy LOL Day, TL!! :) I always enjoy stopping by! Many hugs,
ReplyDelete<3 Katie
Thank you Katie! I'm glad you stop by.
DeleteHugs,
TL
Hi. I'm not sure if I have commented on your blog or not, but I do enjoy it. Happy LOL Day!
ReplyDeleteWelcome! I'm so glad you decided to comment today. Happy LOL day! I hope it was fantastic.
DeleteHappy LOL Day! I was a lurker a year ago too. It's hard to believe!!!
ReplyDeleteHugs,
Tricia
Time flies when you are having fun.
DeleteHugs,
TL
Hi! Last year I was too chicken to comment on your blog but not now! Thanks for writing!
ReplyDeleteHi! I'm so glad you aren't chicken now. I hope you will continue to comment. I'm excited to get to know you. Thanks for reading!
DeleteHey TL ~
ReplyDeleteI love reading your blog and I know that it has been a blessing to many others out there too - I hope that you get to meet them today! Happy LoL Day!
:) Cali
Thank you so much. You are always so sweet and positive. I'm glad I've gotten to know you this year.
DeleteHugs,
TL
Hello TL, I'm a regular reader, dropping by to say hello.
ReplyDeleteDF
Hi DF. I'm so glad you decided to drop by and say hello. Thank you so much for reading!
DeleteHappy LOL Day.
ReplyDeletePrefectdt
You too! Thank you so much for stopping by!
DeleteYou, a Lurker????? It seems like you have been my friend for more than a year. Hope you have a great LOL day
ReplyDeleteIt does sometimes seem like it's been forever. Maybe that's because I can't imagine my life without you guys. Happy LOL day!
DeleteHugs,
TL
Your blog is real and I enjoy reading it every time.
ReplyDeleteMeredith
Thank you so much. That is such a sweet thing to say. You made my day!
DeleteWell said, TL! It's just a matter of taking a deep breath, Brave One (for more than one reason) and saying hello. Lurkers are just friends waiting to happen.
ReplyDeleteHappy LOL Day!
Hey Rogue! As one of my first celebrity blog friends I'm so glad you stopped by today. Thank you for being such a great friend when I needed someone this year. You are fantastic. Happy LOL day!
DeleteLove your blog TL! Happy LOL day!
ReplyDeleteThank you so much! Happy LOL day! I'm glad you stopped by.
DeleteHappy LOL Day, TL! :)
ReplyDeleteYou too, Grace. I hope your day was fantastic.
DeleteHappy LOL Day, TL, I have so loved getting to know you. I feel a kindred spirit in you in so many ways, and have loved that we started blogging so close together, I have felt that you have been on a lot of the same journey as me. {{{HUGS}}} I hope you keep writing for a long while yet. :)
ReplyDelete{{{HUGS}}} EsMay
Hey Es May,
DeleteI hope your LOL day was fantastic. I'm so glad that we've gotten to know each other this year. It is nice to have a friend who seems to be walking the same walk. Thank you for all of your kind supportive words this year. Your positivity has been a blessing to Bucko and me. :)
Hugs,
TL
Happy LOL Day TL! :)
ReplyDeleteThanks Kay! I hope your LOL day was great too!
DeleteHi! I love how on this day it welcomes lurkers and readers and writers to connect and welcomes new readers to branch out and say hello and make new friends! :-) I look forward to reading more of your journey :-) Hugs and Happy LOL Day!
ReplyDeleteHi! This is one of the best days ever! I love making new friends. I'm glad we found each other. I hope your LOL day was fabulous.
Delete*waiving* hi!! I'm not a lurker, just stopping by to say hi!
ReplyDeleteHappy LOL day!
Hi Sarah! I hope you had a fantastic lol day!
DeleteI'm a lurker. I admit it...I';; try to comment now that I have delurked. Thanks for coming by my blog! Happy LOL 8!
ReplyDeleteNothing wrong with being a lurker. I'm glad you decided to say hi. I look forward to learning more about you.
DeleteHi TL! I know, I know....I was once a scared lurker too. Now not so much.
ReplyDeleteHappy belated LOL day.
It's hard to believe you were a lurker, since you are such a rock star now and all. Happy LOL day!
DeleteI sure hope you are right.
ReplyDeleteI promise it does get easier. I'm so glad you decided to join us. Welcome!
Delete