Sunday, February 10, 2013

An Actual DD Post

I know I haven't posted anything DD related in what feels like ages.  It's felt like ages since Bucko and I really engaged in anything seriously DD around hereTTWD was still happening.  He was in charge and I followed his lead, but we haven't been able to connect.  His schedule has been crazy, I have been working a lot to plan some big things at school, and I've been struggling with my inner demons.  We've both been tired and connecting just hasn't made it on the schedule as of late.

I was distant.  The dark place I have been in lately is very lonely and there is only room in the black hole for one.  Yes, I know I should open up my hole to Bucko, but being there is hard and inviting someone in to something so dark is scary.  Bucko was kind and understanding.  That's his way.  He gave me my space to find the light on my own.  I am working on it.  I'm still in the hole, but it's not so dark in it anymore.  Time, space, and yesterday helped.

Actually it started Friday night.  I'm not a big fan of being touched.  My past makes dancing our dance difficult.  One wrong move can send me into total shut down mode.  I hate when it happens.  Bucko looks hurt like he's done something wrong, and I feel like a failure as a wife.  Friday we seemed to have hit that perfect storm where things work out for us when it happened.  I can't even tell you what happened.  It's a sudden thing.  Something happens, the thoughts start running around in my head, and the walls start closing in on me.  This usually leads to me in tears pulling a blanket around me and sending Bucko away.  I need space when it happens.  Space to get out of my own head and remind myself that I'm not a scared little girl anymore and I do have control over what is happening to me.  But that's only part of the truth.  The truth is I don't want Bucko to see me like that.  I don't want him to see me wiping at where his hands have touched trying to take away that skin crawling feeling.  I don't want him to see the shame I feel for not having better control over this.  I don't want him to see the failure of not being able to get past this for my husband washing over me.

(I swear I'm getting to the good stuff just hang in there you guys.)

Well it happened.  That moment of whatever happens washed over me.  The tears and frustration came.  Bucko backed away, and I got up.  I took a few minutes to gather myself.  Then something new happened.  I went back.  We tried again.  It didn't work that time either.  The second time though once I gathered myself he was able to hold me.  I didn't say much, but I stayed there.  I felt distant, but I was there.  Strangely enough even that feels a little like progress.

So fast foward to Saturday morning.  We woke up pretty early and Bucko rolled me over on to my stomach and started our day with a spanking.  It was rather unexpected when hadn't really engaged in any kind of spanking since the black hole.  I missed it.  I know I couldn't deal with it at the time, but I missed it.  I need that sort of connection with my Bucko.  I love our fun spankings.  They relax me and give me the confidence to let go of control.  It was a welcome surprise.  As we got out of bed and ready to go have breakfast, as any woman who just got spanked will do, I rubbed.  

Intro Bucko's arbitrary rule of the day.  "You keep your hands off MY ass.  I'll decide what it gets today."   Well that's new.  We went about our day pretty normally except for the times Bucko would decide to give another spanking.  I think there were a total of five or six, but I lost count.  They were light hand spankings really, but after about number three I was a little more sensitive.  If I rubbed I got bent over and a few swats here and there.  

Before we were heading out for dinner I asked Bucko what brought on this sudden spank happy man.  His answer was that he felt I'd been neglected in this regard and he wanted to make up for it.  Fair enough.  Actually this question ended up with us in bed cuddling and talking about what we both wanted from our DD relationship.  Things weren't bad before, but now I think we both have a clearer picture of what we are looking for.  There were some great snippets of conversation and I think we know where we stand.  I feel lighter today and safe.  I expressed my fear to him that I was a disappointment as a wife, and he was quick to attempt to put that fear to rest.
  
"You have never disappointed me.  You are amazing and wonderful and you are always loved.  There is never going to be a point where I'm going to stop loving you."  That was the point I cried a little.  I don't know that I believe it, but he's promised to keep saying it.  I'll leave you with one of my favorite lighter parts of our conversation.

"Well I'm not really sure where I stand with some of the rules.  Sometimes you spank me for being a smart ass and sometimes you don't." 

"I can't spank you every time you are a smart ass.  That's who you are I don't want to change that." 

"That rule seems arbitrary." 

"Oh it's completely arbitrary.  It depends entirely on my mood and how funny I find it.  If you want to be a smart ass you better make damn sure it's funny."

"I'll keep that in mind, Sir."       

26 comments:

  1. Oh man...I LOVE his frank response to your smart ass comment. Better bring the funny girl!
    Seriously though, it's refreshing to hear an HoH say that their mood does come into play. It's honest and real.

    SO SO happy to hear that you are feeling better and making your way out of that hole TL!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found his response pretty entertaining myself. I'm working on my smart ass routine now. I am feeling better. Thanks for checking up on me.

      Hugs,
      TL

      Delete
  2. Oh I am soooo proud of you. Keep going back Sweetheart.. and yeah... Ya better make sure that smart mouth is well... SMART.... Good for you both..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Dana. I hope you are doing well. I haven't made any smart comments yet today. I'm just making sure they are timed perfectly.

      Delete
  3. I'm with you all the way Sweetie! What you are doing is so very hard - you deserve a great deal of praise! I ended up having a sniffle on your behalf several times whilst reading this! I think our men like us to be a 'smart ass' occasionally don't you?! It beats boredom any day. I'm with Dana - I'm proud of you too!

    Many hugs,

    Ami

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ami. I hope you weren't doing too much sniffling. I was hoping for this post to not be a sad one. I think Bucko likes my personality the way it is, so I was glad he didn't want to change it.

      Delete
  4. You better make sure it's funny! LOL I laughed so loud that I had to tell my husband what I was laughing at! :) That, and him telling you to keep your hands off HIS bottom. It is good to see you having a good day. {{{HUGS}}} I hope more and more of them slip through for you. :)

    I also wanted to let you know that I truly believe you are not a disappointment as a wife. I still can't have my husband come at me in the dark, or go towards my head too fast with his hand. I just can't. But I'm doing better than I used to. It's a growing period. My husband showed me how much he loves me, and I know Bucko will keep doing the same for you. Look at it this way, it makes them want to protect us more. Even though the circumstances suck, them wanting to protect us is beautiful. :) And I have to admit, I am so impressed that you went back to try to cuddle again. That was HUGE! That was amazing. You should be so proud of yourself for doing that. :) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Es May. Your comments are always so bright and uplifting. I look forward to reading what you have to say. I saw something really good on a TV show or something the other day. It said that I hope one day I can see myself the way he sees me. I'm not there yet, but there are glimpses.

      I'm glad to know that it does get better and I'm not alone. Thank you for sharing that with me. It gives me hope that things will get better.

      Lots of hugs,
      TL

      Delete
    2. Thank you, TL... you have honoured and humbled me with your kind words. {{{HUGS}}} I truly believe things will get better. :)

      Delete
    3. You're welcome. Thank you again for all of your hugs and kind words.

      Delete
  5. And once again I am inspired by your strength. Glad you are feeling lighter :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Nellie. It makes me feel great to know I am able to help others. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  6. So glad that you're feeling/seeing some light!
    Gotta love a man who loves a sassy wife! Keep Miss Smart Ass close at hand. She'll make you feel better too.
    So glad you two had a good day of connecting!
    Hugs, Catrinka

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Catrinka. We did have a good day and I am feeling a little lighter. It's still dark sometimes, but I'm working on getting there.

      Hugs,
      TL

      Delete
  7. Hey T...I am extremely proud of you...you went back...I know you want it all boxed up and gone NOW...don't blame you...if I had a magic wand, I'd wave it to make all the bad stuff go poof. But you don't and I can't so you just keep moving forward!

    Here's a few thoughts for you to ponder: Bucko has stayed through all of the worst times, now that the darkness is getting lighter, why would he leave? That darkness is nothing but stuff piled on you by outside forces...not who you are. I bet Bucko can see the real you shining through from the other side of that darkness. When you look in the mirror, try to see through the darkness to the lovely light Bucko and the rest of us see. Each time will get a bit easier.

    Bucko's comment "You keep your hands off MY ass. I'll decide what it gets today." had me ROFLMBO...that HoH hat and cape are on to stay! ;)

    Oh my...I'm with Dana...hope your smart mouth stays smart and that work on your timing. ;)

    Hugs and Blessings,
    Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cat. I'm trying. The darkness seems to come in and out now. Kind of like an on again off again rain shower. It's not much, but it beats the downpour. I'm trying to see what he sees, but that is not always easy. I'm working on it.

      I tried to shrink the hat and cape in the dryer, but the darn things still fit. Here's to good timing.

      Hugs,
      TL

      Delete
  8. What a very vivid description of that black hole. I am glad you got out a bit, and I can't even imaging being in it, but I feel like you trying to make room for your husband would really help you. Trust him to be there for you. Let him be there for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome Julia. Thanks for stopping by. I'm trying to clear a spot for Bucko. :)

      Hugs,
      TL

      Delete
  9. I am happy to read the happy...well the hope actually. Not for our benefit, (you could have kept on writing about your black hole and we all would have kept coming back,) but for you.

    It was so HUGE that you went back to Bucko a second time. No it didn't have the movie ending, but you did move one small step closer because of it. That is real life. The strongest buildings are built on strong foundations. This is what you are doing. Good for you. It will be so worth it in the end. Hopefully next time, it will be a little easier.

    Boy that Bucko, comes out with some great lines doesn't he?

    Much Love
    Willie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Willie. I'm glad it's a little bit lighter of a post too. It is getting a little easier.

      Bucko does have some great lines. One of these days I'm going to write a blog post of all of Bucko's sayings. Today he was trying to take credit for an idea I had and he pointed out that, "Congress doesn't get credit for the laws the president passes." Sometimes I don't know what to do with him.

      Delete
  10. They say the funniest things. I wish I would remember to write them all down.

    I wish I could explain how this kind of attention makes us feel so safe--to the point where you could go back and try again, knowing that Bucko would take care of you, no matter how it worked out.

    Glad to see you feeling a bit more positive TL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually have been writing down a few of his for a blog post. I'm not sure I could explain it, but I'm just glad it works. Thanks, Susie.

      Delete
  11. I love it when they make arbitrary 'rules'. I'm glad H isn't the only one who decides things like being a smart ass can be very dependent on his mood and whether or not he finds it funny.

    Good to see the two of you are reconnecting :), even if it is started by him connecting something forcefully to your bottom to begin with.

    Callie

    ReplyDelete
  12. TL, I am so glad to hear the light is starting to shine through. A little bit more of the light will emerge every day.

    I'm so proud of you for going back to Bucko a second time. I understand it must have been very difficult to do, but It shows you do feel safe and cared for and that you trust Bucko. I'm so glad you are able to start opening up and letting him in a little bit now.

    It seems as though he did exactly what you needed on Saturday :) I love that he said he can't spank you every time for being a smart ass because it's who you are and he doesn't want that to change. I laughed out loud at his last statement. As Tess said, it is refreshing and honest. Out of curiosity I mentioned Bucko's comment to Rick to see how he would react. He laughed and said he fully agreed.

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
  13. So happy for you that things are looking up :)

    Sounds like you two had a wonderful reconnecting weekend!

    ReplyDelete