Wednesday, February 13, 2013

A Valentine's Day Post

While I hate the stress that holidays bring, I love the idea of holidays.  Decorations, treats, and lots of love.  Sign me up.  Valentine's Day isn't really my favorite.  I like to think that Bucko and I show we love each other everyday and don't really need a holiday just for that, not that I mind the extra love.  Valentine's Day at school I could live without. I'm not looking forward to middle-schoolers hopped up on sugar and distracted by love.  Tomorrow is probably going to be one of those days.

I find this year I'm more excited about Valentine's Day than usual.  I think it is, because it's our first one since starting DD.  I want it to be special.  I'm afraid that I'm adding extra pressure to the day and setting myself up for an epic fail.  Bucko has done so much the last few months.  He's really stepped up to the plate and been an even more wonderful husband than the wonderful husband he was pre-DD.  I want to show him how much I appreciate him.  It's hard to do things like that with Bucko.  He's such a simple guy.  Conversations with him about gifts go like this:

Hey babe, is there anything special you want for Valentine's Day?

A blowjob.  (TL FACEPALM!)

Seriously Bucko....

You asked.  (He's got me there.)

This is where cards come in.  Bucko isn't a big gift person.  He enjoys time with his family and friends.  The presents don't really matter.  It's one of the things I love about him.  Cards are an inexpensive (have I mentioned my honey likes his money...a lot) way to show that I love him.

I'm picky about cards.  I can spend hours in Hallmark trying to find the perfect one.  It has to say just the right thing at just the right moment.  To be the perfect card it has to speak to me.  Bucko usually gets two cards.  One that is sweet and romantic.  That card must express my love to my husband.  The other is usually something funny or silly.  Bucko and I love puns and bad jokes and often try to out do the other.  

Two years ago, I got Bucko one such card.  It said, "I crossed a cute butt, with gorgeous eyes, and a kind heart, and a great sense of humor.  Know what I got? Me! Did you get lucky or what?"  (I know it's perfect you don't have to say it.)  Needless to say, Bucko needed this card.  

Fast forward to last year.  I again got Bucko two cards.  I was very excited about my funny card, and told Bucko so.

Isn't that the best card ever?

Yep, I thought it was great when you gave it to me last year.

What? Bull (insert word here) I did not!

Yes you did.

You are full of it, Bucko.

Bucko goes to his desk drawer and pulls out the same card I had gotten him the year before.  Son of a biscuit eater!  First of all, oops. Secondly, I thought only girls saved cards.  Really sweet if you think about it, but terribly inconvenient in this moment.

Told you so.

Oh yeah, well I meant to do that.  It was so good you needed to hear it twice.    

This year as I was shopping for cards, I happened upon the same one.  Oh yeah, I went there.  No questions asked, and one strange look from the cashier later, I bought every one of those cards they had.  I wasn't absent-minded.  I was starting a tradition.

Yep, I'm being a smart ass on Valentine's Day.  I think it's funny.  We'll see if Bucko does too.        

18 comments:

  1. I giggled so hard reading this. I can imagine this happening to me. Because I'm the same way... spending hours on the card aisle, deciding which one, reading everyone that says romantic- to humorous - to just I love you.

    I hope you get spanked because you want too, but not because of the awesome idea with the cards! :)

    Bad Penny

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I understand, Penny. I'm hoping Bucko finds the idea funny too. I thought it was a good one.

      Delete
  2. Oh T...a woman after my own heart! Awesome idea!!!!!

    Wishing you and Bucko a wonderful Valentine's Day.

    Blessings,
    Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had to do it. There was nothing else to do, but go for it.

      Happy Valentine's Day.

      Hugs,
      TL

      Delete
  3. HAHA That's the greatest!! He's gonna love it LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL TL, I love it, awesome idea. I hope Bucko does too :)

    Wishing you both a very Happy Valentines Day.

    Hugs,
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He did it was pretty awesome. :D Same to you and Rick.

      Hugs,
      TL

      Delete
  5. Busted out laughing! How did he take it?

    I hope he laughs and laughs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pretty well. He said he would have done the same thing.

      Delete
  6. Damn girl - I was a bad girl today too and got spanked for it!
    Thank goodness Valentine's Day only come once a year!! :0)
    and remember - Father knows best!
    Hugs
    Jack's Jill

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He said it wasn't bad it was funny so I'm safe this year.

      Hugs,
      TL

      Delete
  7. That is hysterical! Best tradition ever. Happy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cute and how adorable I hope you spend years giving him the exact same card. Love it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 3 years so far. Here's to many more. Thanks Cathie.

      Delete
  9. LOL That's so awesome that you bought them out!!!! :) Hope he loves the repeat. ;)

    ReplyDelete