I wanted to give a quick update about my Spring Fling Challenge. We are into week three and here is where we are:
Blood sugars are still pretty good. I had blood work done this weekend so I'll be able to give real results next week. As of now, I've been checking and doing pretty well on my carb counting. I have had a few moments of weakness, but nothing that has messed with my blood sugar too badly.
An injury last week put me off exercising. I did go to yoga class yesterday and I have been cleared to start up again. That downward facing dog is harder than it looks, but I'm good with that.
Meditation has been really good for me. Overall I'm much calmer than I usually am this time of year. I have started taking smaller minutes to just sit and be. My meditation teacher wants me to work up to sitting still and meditating for 8-10 minutes a day. It seems like it's not much, but with things being so crazy it's hard to make myself find the time. It's a work in progress.
I would say week two didn't go as well as I would like, but I think the coming weeks are going to be much better. Here's hoping.
My plan is for the next post after Monday Musings to be a Bucko post. Sorry Willie, still no nekkid Bucko, but I wanted to use this meme to let everyone get a feel for the guy I love so much.
GETTING TO KNOW BUCKO MEME:
- He's sitting in front of the TV, what is on the screen? He doesn't really watch TV, so whatever I'm watching.
- You're out to eat; what kind of dressing does he get? French
- The most striking thing about his physical appearance? I think he has amazing blue eyes. He says it's his beard.
- You go out to eat and have a drink, what does he order? Coke zero if they have it, if not diet coke or unsweet tea.
- Where did he go to high school? The same place I did
- What size shoe does he wear? 10
- If he were to collect anything, what would it be? Vintage Video Games
- What is his favorite type of sandwich? The old French chicken sandwich from Burger King
- What is his favorite cereal? He doesn't really do breakfast, especially not cereal since it is sweet, but he loves Peanut Butter Captain Crunch
- What would he never wear? Argyle, he calls it the pattern of evil.
- What is his favorite sports team? He's not really a sports kind of guy.
- Who did he vote for in the last election? No one. He says he didn't like either one.
- What is something that you do that he wishes you wouldn't do? Go to the grocery store alone.
- You bake a cake for his birthday; what kind? He doesn't really eat cake, he's more of a pie kind of guy.
- What is his heritage? French and German
- Did he play sports in high school? Nope
- What could he spend hours doing? Playing video games and spending time with me.
- What is one unique talent he has? He can make a joke or a pun out of just about anything.
Hi TL, I am also French/German, I like Bucko more than I already did. ;)
ReplyDeleteI'm sure he'll be glad to hear it. :D
DeleteLOL TL! :) Rob would not go near argyle either! Bucko's ability to turn anything into a joke sounds wonderful- it must keep you laughing a lot of the time! That is a great thing! Hugs!
ReplyDelete<3 Katie
He is a funny guy. I love that about him. I'm glad to know he isn't the only man who refuses to wear argyle.
DeleteThanks for sharing. It's fun to read a little about the other half.
ReplyDeleteGood job on sticking with the Spring Fling. That's terrific!!
Thanks so much. It's been a challenge, but I'm glad I did it.
DeleteEnjoyed your meme. Number 10 LOL. Rooting for you on your health challenges. God bless you and yours, Belle L.
ReplyDeleteThanks, Belle. Bucko apparently has argyle issues.
DeleteHey TL, good on you with the challenge. The injury wouldn't have helped last week. I hope you are feeling better now.
ReplyDeleteI've been enjoying this meme and learning about the significant others. Thanks for sharing this. I think Rick's eyes are gorgeous too and I love Bucko's talent. Must make life fun :)
Hugs,
Roz
It does make life fun. It's a good talent to have. It's kind of fun to enjoy getting to know a little about the fellas. :D
DeleteHugs,
TL
Here I thought if I mailed this argyle speedo I have for Bucko I'd get a picture 'close enough' to nekkid Bucko.
ReplyDeletelove, willie
PS. I've seen the beard, go with the eyes. ( wink )
Nope, sorry no argyle knickers for the Buckster. He says to tell you his beard is sexy so :P... I agree the eyes are better.
DeleteLove,
TL
Good job with the Spring Fling TL! I haven't been so good but am starting this week on the right track. I was dealing with too much at once. All good now!
ReplyDeleteLove the meme...thanks for sharing. George doesn't like it when I go to the grocery store alone either...or any store for that matter.
Jane :)
Good luck with the challenge. I hope that things go well for you. I don't know what it is with these guys and shopping.
DeleteLOL--Argyle, the pattern of evil. I think mine would agree!
ReplyDeleteI've seen very few men who don't agree. ;)
Delete