I know I haven't blogged in a million years. Things around here have been busy. I just wanted to let everyone know that things are more than fine around here. It seems strange to say considering that it wasn't very long ago we'd almost given up hope on getting to this point, but here we are.
I'm sitting here typing this with my hospital bag by the door days away from delivering our tiny little angel. It's strange to feel like you can't wait to meet someone you feel like you already know. I wonder what she'll be like. I wonder if she'll be the way I picture her in my head. She already seems to have such a little personality, and I don't know that I've ever loved something as much as I love her.
Honestly, as long as she is healthy the rest is just frosting on the birthday cake.
Bucko and I are fine. We are both excited and nervous about bringing home little Buckaroo. He adores her, and she already adores him. When he talks to my stomach she moves to get closer and will only kick for him. I love watching him love on us. He's going to be an amazing dad.
We are very connected as a couple right now in spite of not having our DD safety net. There is a physical intimacy that we both admit to missing. Things are difficult when there are big bellies, swollen feet, and other pregnancy fun to work around. Despite that, we seem to just be settled and rolling along as far as every day life goes. We haven't talked about how things will work after baby. He has mentioned there are certain physical activities he is itching to do again, but we both seem comfortable with just figuring it out as we go.
We both seem okay with not knowing how things are going to work next. Everything will be different, but I think this experience has given us confidence in ourselves as a couple. We may not know what we are doing as parents. There is nothing like having a baby to show you that you don't know anything about having a baby, but we feel good about figuring it out together.
Hi TL, Oh I am so excited to hear from you.Good luck with the main event, hope all goes well
ReplyDeletelove Jan,xx
I am smiling from ear to ear and my heart is full of gratitude......thank you for this update.
ReplyDeleteFirst babies teach us all...who is in the boss.....and she already has daddy wrapped around her little fingers. Best of luck....will keep everyone in my prayers....
hugs abby
I am so excited for you. It is kind of a crazy thought, as you are on the way to the hospital as a family of two and will leave as a family of three. Life will always be a roller coaster. Sit back and enjoy. And remember to give yourself a break and not judge yourself to hard. Babies are wonderful little creatures and whatever you do, it will be okay. I am sooooo happy for you
ReplyDeleteTL,
ReplyDeleteYour post brings nothing but smiles. We all await your new arrival.
Meredith
Hi TL! I'm so glad to read this update, I have been thinking about you, Bucko and little Buckaroo.
ReplyDeleteI'm so very happy and excited for you both! I am so glad you are doing so well as a couple. Things will be different, but in the best way and the two of you will work it out :) I love what you said about Bucko and Buckaroo adoring each other :)
Wishing you all the very best.
Hugs
Roz
Aunt Willie will be waiting!!! I suppose we should 'yack' before your peanut demands to be heard in the background! I
ReplyDeleteSeriously I can't believe it! It seems like just yesterday you were screaming in my ear! Wow what a difference a year can make. So, so very happy for the two of you, I could burst at the seams ( and let my maple syrup run out of course!).
Love W
So happy for you, wishing you a very easy and smooth labor. Babies are so exciting!
ReplyDeleteHugs
Awww TL! :) I am SO happy for you all! So glad that all is going well! It is such an exciting time. Feel good! Looking forward to hearing the good news! Many hugs,
ReplyDelete<3 Katie
So happy for you TL! I love what you said about wanting to meet your little one that you feel you already know - that is so true. ♥
ReplyDeleteHope everything goes smoothly with your delivery - and that it's a sweet time for you and Bucko as you settle into your new roles as parents.
hugs!
Cali
Good luck! I hope the next few days fly by! I still remember the morning we went in to the hospital it's soo exciting :)
ReplyDeleteCallie
Awww T...So very happy and excited for you and Bucko. You two are going to be absolutely awesome parents to little Miss Buckaroo and I know you will figure out everything else in due time. Looking forward to hearing that precious bundle has arrived. :)
ReplyDeleteHugs and Blessings...
Cat
I am so excited for you two. It the most amazing day to meet your little one that you have carried for so long. H and I have been and will continue to pray for your little family.
ReplyDelete️hugs and prayers
Kris
You'll do fine, none of us knew anything the first time. So happy things are so well and that any day you will be bringing that little bundle home. Both of you are going to make fantastic parents.
ReplyDeleteThings will progress as they should, don't spend time worrying. Besides, you'll be too tired for quite a while. :-)
Happy Tidings.