Friday, September 12, 2014

Half way through and an update on Buckaroo!

I'm so sorry for my lack of response to comments.   This school year has started out really busily.  I come home super exhausted, and really it is all I can do to stay up until it's dark outside.

That being said things have been going well.  The baby and I are fine.  I have officially reached the halfway point in this pregnancy, which is such a blessing.  I am starting to feel the baby's movements and flutters.  It's amazing.  I can't explain how awesome that is.  It makes everything feel so real.

The doctor has been really pleased with the my blood sugars, and my weight is starting to catch up with the normal pregnancy weight.  I lost a bit in the first trimester, but now things are balancing out.  Bucko painted the nursery and we are starting to get things together for Buckaroo's arrival.

Now for the best part.  We had our mid-pregnancy ultrasound recently.  Buckaroo was being awfully stubborn, and didn't want to give us a good view, but we did finally get to see that our little Buckaroo is a girl!  Bucko and I are both thrilled.  We would have been thrilled either way, but I had a strong feeling pink bows were in our future.  Bucko is over the moon.  I see a daddy's girl on the horizon.

 

17 comments:

  1. Okay I admit it publicly - I owe Bucko all my maple scented money! I lost the bet. Very please you are having a Buckette however!

    Lots of love
    willie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Daddy's girl. So sweet!! Congrats and I'm so glad to hear things are going well. It's great to see you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww!!! I'm so so happy for you and Bucko, TL!!! How sweet to be having a beautiful little girl! Wonderful!! :)

    You take care and we will look forward to hearing how you are feeling. Many hugs,

    <3 Katie

    ReplyDelete
  4. TL,
    So happy for you! Hooray!
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so happy to hear from you and know that all is going well at the 1/2 way mark. A little girl!!!!! She will have a good role model from her Daddy to know what she will want in a future husband!! Yeah, I know the cart before the horse. She already has him around her finger already! Keep up the good work and take good care of yourself. I know you both are having fun getting your little one's room all ready to go.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh that is such lovely news, I am so glad for you
    love Jan,xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. So very happy for both of you T! Oh yes, I can see Bucko being wrapped around a tiny little finger. :D

    No need to apologize for not answering comments...your focus is where it needs to be...taking care of you and your little Buckaroo. Get all the rest you can now! ;)

    Hugs and Blessings...
    Cat

    ReplyDelete
  8. Truly wonderful news...thanks for sharing.
    hugs abby

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats TL! So happy that you've reached the half way mark :) hopefully your students are being nice to you, I know mine are.

    Callie

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is about the best post I've every read! Healthy, happy, baby girl on the way, yep that's as good as it gets! I'm so happy for all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So happy for all of you. I'm wearing a big smile right now.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats TL! Little girls are so awesome..and the clothes are so fun to buy. Glad everything with the pregnancy is going great :) Get lots of rest

    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  13. Can't dance today bit doing my happy girl dance in my head! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yay!!!! Baby girls are kinda awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you for posting TL, I've been thinking of you, Bucko and little Buckaroo :) I'm so very happy for you and doing my happy dance. A little girl ... how wonderful !:)

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
  16. So happy for you & glad to hear you are doing well!! Congrats on the pink bows in your near future!!
    Love,
    Scarlet ; )

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hey T...just checking in to make sure you and your little Buckette are doing well. Sending lots of prayers and positive energy.

    Hugs and Blessings...
    Cat

    ReplyDelete