I haven't posted in forever. I have been so consumed with this tiny angel that has taken over my life. She is absolute perfection. Even almost four months later, I sometimes find myself just staring at her in awe of the fact that I helped create such an amazing thing. I just hope I can do her justice.
Heading back to work was hard. It's still hard. It tears my heart out every day I have to leave her. There are still days when I cry while I'm driving to work. Thankfully summer is near, and soon angel and I will have loads of time together.
Bucko and I are doing well. We seem to still be adjusting to life as parents. We still haven't done a date night. I know we need to, but finding the time and bringing myself to leave the baby have been harder than you would imagine. Bucko has given me loads of opportunities to take a break, but I just haven't felt ready yet. My head knows that time away is healthy, but my heart says remember how badly you wanted this baby? Besides, she's only going to be little for so long. I feel like I blinked and she went from my newborn to my angel that can roll over on her own and sleep through the night. (Loving the sleep btw!)
I am excited for tomorrow. Mother's day used to be hard. It used to be one of the suckiest days of the year. I used to cry. It sucks to have a day that celebrates something you can't have.
Last mother's day we were at the tail end of the two week wait. The procedure didn't work the first time, and I wasn't holding out much hope for the second. Mother's day was a hard day; especially when the girl at church tried to hand me a flower, and I had to say that I wasn't a mom. Bucko was more optimistic than I was. He said he was sure it was going to work this time. So sure, he went out and got a pregnancy test. This was a couple days before the doctor was going to do the blood test. He encouraged me to take it. I was terrified. I took the test. It was the faintest pink line I ever thought I saw. I had to call Bucko in to make sure I wasn't insane. Since it was so faint we weren't sure it was right. We waited on pins and needles until the blood test. Long story short last mother's day I found out I was going to get to be someone's mom.
This mother's day I can't wait to spend the whole day with my angel. That little face is the best present ever. Enjoy your day everyone. I know I will.
So very happy for you T! Yes dear, it is healthy to have a date night as long as you have someone you trust to take care of your angel. However, if you do not feel comfortable yet, then organize a date night that can include your angel because you won't enjoy it otherwise.
ReplyDeleteWishing you a wonderful, joyous and extremely HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY! :D
Hugs and blessings...Cat
Your first Mother's Day........ I am so happy for your little family of three. It does get easier leaivng the baby. It really does.
ReplyDeleteMeredith
Hi TL, I'm so glad to see you post. I've been thinking about you and wondering how you are doing.
ReplyDeleteGo glad to hear things are well with you, Bucko and your little angel. What a lovely post. Wishing you a very Happy Mother's day.
Hugs
Roz
A very happy first Mother's day to you......thanks for letting us know that all is good...well sounds like more than good! There are many firsts is your future....enjoy them all.
ReplyDeletehugs abby
Happy Mother's day!!! How special and what a wonderful post to read.....there are many firsts in your future....
ReplyDeletehugs abby
I'm so happy for you TL! :) It's so nice to hear from you! Glad that all is going well. Enjoy your first Mother's Day! It sounds like you have a wonderful little family there. Many hugs,
ReplyDelete<3 Katie
What a special day - your first of many Mother's Day and as abby said the first of many firsts. How wonderful - enjoy the moment, minute, day every day because it does go entirely too fast.
ReplyDeleteHi TL, I am so glad that things are going so well, hope you have a lovely Mother's day
ReplyDeletelove Jan,xx
Glad to see this post, - Happy belated first Mother's day to you and your angel!
ReplyDelete