Wednesday, July 30, 2014

I think I Might be Breaking Up

with my blog.  We just don't seem to have much in common anymore.  The reasons for which I started this blog, no longer seem to exist.  My life has changed over the last year or so, and I've changed with it.  

I don't have much to say anymore.  When something happens and I need a shoulder I seem to find myself running to a few close friends, rather than blogger.   Every now and then the thought crosses my mind that such and such would make a good blog post, but before I sit down to write it the urge has passed.

Our focus here is different now.  DD seemed to hit its stride for a while, but now has sort of faded.  I'm not sure if I miss it or not, to be honest.  While I do miss the connection, I'm having a wonderful time bonding over changing tables and what color to paint little Buckaroo's room.

I feel less like a DD wife, and more like an everyday mommy.  While I don't know if I will close my blog, I do know that I probably won't be posting often and the nature of those posts will change.  Right now, I think I just need to focus on enjoying the place I'm in right now.  I can live with that.

Little Buckaroo and I are doing just fine.  We are still a little tired, but everything else is pretty great.  That seems to be good enough for us for now.

17 comments:

  1. I hope you change your mind about your blog. You can be both a mommy (and I know you will be the best) and be a DD wife. But being in a DD relationship should only be the way you live, trusting and submitting to a great man. All the other stuff with the rules and consequences are secondary. But with no sleep after the little one is born, it could be a great idea if you let him take care of you and help make decisions. Hang in there and don't stop blogging

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's great to hear from you! I'm so glad that you and the little Buckaroo are doing well. All that baby prep stuff is so much fun.

    I know what you mean about blogging. I no longer have anything to say. A couple of times I've started a post and didn't have more than a sentence or two. Whatever works best for you and your family is the right decision.

    I hope you'll pop in every once in a while to tell us about the baby. Know that you have a lot of support here if you need a hug or encouragement after the baby arrives. You might even find a few of us online in the middle of the night.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please hang in there with the blog...we are all eagerly going through this pregnancy with you. Even if it is just an occasional post...
    hugs abby

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is good to hear from you. We all anxiously await the arrival of your little one.
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do what you are comfortable with - but I hope you don't go. I would love to hear baby news and with all us ladies here of all ages think of the great baby advice you'd have access to.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Do what is best for you. You're going to be a great mommy and that should be your focus, not us. Come by once in a while for a cup of coffee.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey T...so happy to hear that you and little Buckaroo are doing well. As you go in to mommy nesting mode, everything else takes a back seat which is as it should be. Ya know, not every post has to be DD related...you can write about what colors you've chosen for the nursery, how you are decorating it, how you are doing...whatever you want to post.

    Bottom line...do what is best for you, Bucko and little buckaroo. Sending lots of prayers and positive energy your way.

    Hugs and Blessings...
    Cat

    ReplyDelete
  8. I will miss your blog should you decide to stop writing, mostly because this is where we met. I do however understand completely. There have been times where I wondered why I was writing or who I was writing too. I have always said to myself and those close to me that I would continue to write on my blog for as long as I could remain true to its original purpose. Sure that can make for many Weepy Willie posts, but they are now few and far between now.
    .
    I fondly remember starting to read your blog and how much *we* have all been through together. How far you have come. The personal strides. Your core has remained but the dark clouds have lifted. I consider myself very privileged to have been able to 'watch' this happen. Thank you for sharing.

    But mostly I consider myself very privileged because this blog, brought me a friend. One that you won't be able to shake, blog or no blog!

    Love to you all
    willie

    ReplyDelete
  9. So good to hear from you and know that all is well. I understand your thoughts about the blog thing.... it ebbs and flows for me too depending on life's issues and such. I think currently your priorities have shifted and that's ok and expected. You both have waited so long for this little one. The focus should be there along with experiencing all the fun things that go with this time. Dd will always play a role, it's just that the dynamic will shift a bit. I hope you choose to not close your blog but just check in from time to time and let us share in the joy of your little one. We are here for you whether you need Dd support or helpful mommy advice. Glad to know all is going so well. My best to you both.....

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi TL, it's great to hear from you. I'm so happy you and little Buckaroo are doing well ... and Bucko of course:) I totally relate DD wise. It has faded here too and like you, it feels ok, we are good. I do miss the extra connection too though.

    I hope you do stay and that you will post occasionally to let us know how you are doing.

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just as long as we don't break up. ;)

    Consider leaving it here. Who knows what you might need in a year or so.

    Keep growing little Buckaroo!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Totally feel ya with the blog. So glad to hear things are going well...decorating the nursery is so fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi TL, :) So great to hear that all is going well with you and little Buckaroo! :) I'm so happy for you and Bucko.

    Enjoy and don't worry about us around here. Priorities change at times like these- exactly as they should. If you get a chance to come by and say "hi" every now and then, that would be wonderful. And as Cat says, even talking about colours in the nursery sound fine. Hope that you are feeling well. Many hugs,

    <3 Katie

    ReplyDelete
  14. Glad to from you, so happy everything is going well. Decorating and preparing for a new baby is so much fun! Just enjoy your pregnancy, everything else will fall into place later. I could have never focused much on DD during my pregnancies or with an infant, but that's just me. Good luck with whatever you choose, but I would love to hear about the everyday stuff and baby things too. Congrats

    ReplyDelete
  15. It's completely normal for your focus to shift -- heck, it's written in the hormones! But someday things will shift back. Someday you will want to spend some time focusing again on yourself as a woman -- which is what Dd/Dfacilitates so well. Please consider hanging out when you feel like it, leaving up your blog, even if you don't post for years. It's still good stuff for other people who come along later.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi TL, I understand how you are feeling, be nice if you kept us up to date on real news too though, we are all waiting for this baby you know:)
    love Jan,xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Being a mom is the best! Enjoy your journey and blessings to your family.

    ReplyDelete