Monday, July 15, 2013

Bringing Myself Back

I know it has been two weeks since my last post.  I'm sorry about my absence and the fact that I haven't responded to comments on my previous post.  I have read them, but my heart has been heavy and it has not been in blogland as of late.

There has been so much going on lately.  Life has been stressful.  It has not been the wonderful fun summer I was anticipating.  Bucko and I had another round of, "are we? maybe?" only to be met with Aunt Flo's monthly visit.  I know I am supposed to be patient and it will happen when it happens, but each month the disappointment gets harder and harder to take.  Bucko seems confident we are getting closer to finding that magic mix of timing and stars aligning that makes little buckaroos.  I'm struggling.  Each time it doesn't happen I'm left to question what is wrong with me?  Why am I not able to give this to him?  The doctors seem to think there is nothing physically wrong with either of us, so then I wonder if that just means there is something so wrong with me emotionally that it just isn't meant to be.

If that were all that was wrong I feel like I might still be in a better place, but it isn't.   Most of you that have read my blog know that I struggle with PTSD.  It happens out of no where.  One minute I'm completely fine and things are great.  The next I'm not.   I had been doing really well for a long while.  Everything was great and the monster seemed willing to stay in his cave.  For once I didn't seem to find myself waiting for the other shoe to drop.  Perhaps that was my mistake, because when it finally dropped it dropped like a combat boot from hell.  The last time Bucko and I tried to dance our dance I had a moment.  It was a big one.

After one of these moments it can be hard to get back on the horse so to speak.  This time it was especially true.  To come so far only to go crashing back sent me into a bout of depression I wasn't ready for.  Bucko was gentle and waiting patiently for me to come back to him.  I didn't.  I retreated into my shell.  I found myself watching horrible reality shows thinking if I saw people more screwed up than me I wouldn't feel so bad.  You know when your house is dirty watch Hoarders, because at least you aren't THAT bad.  It didn't work.  When I found myself watching Toddlers and Tiaras I knew it was bad.

There wasn't a lot going on physically in our house.  When this kind of thing happens it's difficult for me to try again, because I spend the time tense and wondering when it's going to happen again.  We tried a few days ago and it was an epic fail.  Sure we were holding hands, but there was no real connection.  Even the fun swats and playful spanks we enjoy were too much.

Yesterday, I feel like we turned a corner.  For one I've been cut off.  No more Toddlers and Tiaras for me. (Bucko and a wonderful blogger friend said so.  When those two team up, I've got no chance. LOL)   I've decided that I need to get out of the house a little.  So this week I plan to go and do things, I'm not sure what but just something.  Big deep breaths, big girl panties, and all that jazz.

It helps that Bucko was able to touch me yesterday.  No we didn't dance our dance, but it was a step in the right direction.  That is an experience I may share in another post.  At any rate, I feel a little better and maybe I'm headed back from the dark place now.

26 comments:

  1. I have my fingers crossed for you that you can turn the corner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate you are going through this and there is not one thing anyone can tell you that is going to help. I went through the same thing, taking my temp. worrying, praying, and on top of it all a problem that caused me to lose an ovary before Nick and I even married. All i can tell you is that it will make your children even more precious to you when they come.

    I'm not nuts enough to tell you not to worry, because you will anyway. But I'm just going to look forward for you.

    Hugs,
    PK

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I appreciate that. It's difficult to see in the moment, even though my head knows you are right.

      Hugs,
      TL

      Delete
  3. I wish I had some magical words to make you smile and feel better but I don't. All I have is to let you know that your in my thoughts and prayers and I hope yours are awnser soon.
    Hugs
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kim. The kindness of this community never ceases to amaze me.

      Delete
  4. Why oh why don't you call me when it's like this? You know I'm here, know we walk the same walk.. You would do the same for me.. so... CALL. and... honey I'm so hating this for you and with you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I could call you. I think when the shame sets in it is difficult to ask for help. I want to be able to fix it. I'm working on it. I hope you are having a wonderful time with the man.

      Delete
  5. When the going gets rough, the tough go shopping..... I can hear the mall calling you right now, listen can you hear it too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It almost drowns out Bucko's voice saying we can't afford it. ;)

      Delete
  6. I am happy you are here writing again. My heart breaks reading this post. I know exactly what you are going through, and I'm so sorry. It's not an easy journey to feel so up and down when the disappointment sets in. I wish I could say something more meaningful, but I really do understand. Hope you get back to you...
    Hugs,
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Marie. I still don't feel entirely myself, but I'm getting there.

      Hugs,
      TL

      Delete
  7. I'm sorry things are going so well for you at the moment. I know all too well the monthly disappointment and as much as I try not to stress about it, because that causes infertility too, I just can't.
    Glad you were able to come back to your blog and get some things down on 'paper'.

    Hugs
    Callie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Callie. I hope it works out for you and the H too. This is such a rough experience.

      Hugs,
      TL

      Delete
  8. Hey T...so happy to see you back but not happy to hear you are having such a rough time. If there is anything I can do for you...even if it's just lend an ear...call me. Thought I gave you my numbers but if you don't have them or can't find them, email me and I will send them to you.

    Sending lots of prayers, healing energy, and positive thoughts your way.

    Hugs and Blessings,
    Cat

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just got here TL. Bah, I'm so sorry that you've been hurting. I know how it just takes one thing to start falling and then it seems like we can't stop all the tumbling. I'm glad you were able to start seeing each other again yesterday, to touch and be closer. I'm sure it's equally stressful on Bucko when he can see your pain but not be able to pull you completely out of it.

    Hope this week keeps looking up.

    Oh...I agree, NO more toddlers and tiaras! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Susie. Things are better. I'm not totally myself, but I am feeling better. I've moved on to Glee episodes so that's a good sign.

      Hugs,
      TL

      Delete
  10. (((Hugs))) TL, I am so sorry you are feeling this way and glad it sounds as though you are turning the corner and that you are feeling a little better.

    Hugs,
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just wanted to say that you have been on my heart for days, TL. I'm sorry that you are going through all this - and I so wish I had something that I could say or do to help you to feel better. But please know that you are not alone in all this and that you have lots of loving friends who have been through some of these things too or are currently going through them. You have extra shoulders to cry on or to lean on if needed.

    And you have your husband. It's hard on our men when we go through these things, but they really try to do their best .... and I know that Bucko is a really great support for you, so try to let him in, ok?

    hugs,
    Cali

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Cali. I appreciate the support of this wonderful community. Bucko and I are in a better place, and working on getting even better.

      Hugs,
      TL

      Delete
  12. {{{HUGS}}} Monthly reminders are so hard! I am sorry that this month wasn't the month. You know I'm praying, selfishly praying the same for myself. As PK said, when you do have children, they'll be all the more special. {{{HUGS}}}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are in my thoughts and prayers too. Hopefully we all get what we want soon.

      Hugs,
      TL

      Delete