The fall funk is still in full swing here at Casa de Bucko. It seems like we are still living for the weekends and just trying to survive Monday through Friday. Bucko has put some new things in place that seem to be helping, but more on that later.
Lately, I've been feeling pretty beaten down. Work has been and still is crazy. I had meetings after school everyday this week. Today I was holding two club meetings at the same time. It's been nuts. I want to take steps back, but I still find it hard when my kids need me. What can I say? I'm a work in progress.
But, today was a good day. Today, I had one of those moments where suddenly it all made sense. I helped a child today. I can't really go into more detail than that, but tonight I sit here knowing that at least one kid's world is better, because I was there. You can't beat that.
Love those moments when questions like "is it worth it?" and "does it matter?" are answered and then some:)
ReplyDeleteTotally worth it!
DeleteThat's what it is all about, isn't it.?
ReplyDeleteYes, it is. Makes it worth getting up in the morning.
DeleteHi TL, sorry things are still crazy and hope life settles down a bit for you soon.
ReplyDeleteHow wonderful that you were able to help a child and make their world a better place. It is all worth it isn't it?
Hugs,
Roz
Here's hoping. I'm glad that I was able to help. Glad things are settling for you too.
DeleteNo you can't beat that. Down with the fall funkiness! It must go. Hang in there TL.
ReplyDeleteI hope your funk is getting better too. Down with the fall funk.
DeleteThat is wonderful news about the child you helped!
ReplyDeleteHopefully you will feel less "beaten down" soon. Life does tend to get crazy busy at times.
Hugs
sara
I hope that things settle too. I can't wait to take a break. :)
DeleteHey T...Sorry you still have the funk but so happy you had that moment...makes it all worth while doesn't it. ;)
ReplyDeleteSending lots of positive energy your way.
Hugs and Blessings...
Cat
Thanks Cat. I'll take all the positive energy I can get.
DeleteMORE ON THAT LATER????? sheeesh woman!
ReplyDeleteHappy you hit a high spot with your student, to remind you why, and that you aren't 'merely' existing from Monday to Friday. Life gets in the way, but there is good to be had in that 'life' too. You'll find a balance, but you won't if you let the funk take over!
love
willie
I know, somebody keeps telling me not to disappear. I should probably listen to this wise woman. :) She must be really smart.
DeleteLove ya,
TL