Saturday, October 26, 2013

Off Hand HOH

I haven't had much to say as of late.  I haven't felt like I've had anything to talk about.  Life has been hectic and chaotic and some days just plain nuts.  It seemed to me that while Bucko and I have been puttering along there hasn't been much DD to speak of.  Now that I have had a moment to sit down and breathe I wonder if that is really true.  Here are some exchanges between Bucko and me over the last few weeks.  

At restuarants this one has become fairly frequent:

Bucko: The lady will have unsweetened ice tea....

The other day I tossed some clothes down in a pile on the floor and this was what I got:

Don't put that there, go pick those up and put them away.

When we were discussing his new work schedule, we had this conversation:

Me: But I like eating dinner with you.

Bucko: I know you do, but it wouldn't hurt you to eat earlier anyway.  It's better for your blood sugar.

Me: But I like being a good wife and having dinner with my husband.

Bucko: Being a good wife also means taking care of yourself so you are healthy for me.

There were a couple today that caught my attention.  This morning I was getting ready for us to go out for the day, and apparently I was taking awhile.  (Remember it takes work to achieve my rocking 7.5)

Bucko: You are taking entirely too long to improve upon perfection.  Let's go. (I know, I know insert "awwwww" here)

Today we were out shopping and I was distracted by something shiny/pretty and was asked if I needed to put my hands on the cart.  
Me: No, just push the cart.  (Insert dismissive hand wave here)

Bucko: Get over here and put your hands on the cart.  You are getting entirely too uppity.   You are being positively impish.

He was also very hands on today swatting me when noone was looking and other possessive little gestures.  Is it possible that this has been going on all along and I was simply too tired/busy to notice?  I'm torn between feeling guilty and wondering if this is a normal progression.  Does TTWD arrive at a point where you don't even notice you are doing it anymore?   

 

13 comments:

  1. I think when two people are invested in each other, the relationship blooms and flowers no matter what name it's given. It's a beautiful thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey T...TTWD is just like marriage...when everything is going good, it's just there. Silly woman...there is absolutely nothing to feel guilty about...you and Bucko are doing just fine. ;)

    Hugs and Blessings...
    Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a strange thing. I feel like I asked him to do this so I should be noticing when he does. I do want him to know that I appreciate him. Thanks for the reassurance.

      Hugs,
      TL

      Delete
  3. Hi TL, I have to agree with Cat :) Also, I think ttwd becomes ingrained and just part of who we are as a couple as less in the forefront as we become more confident and comfortable in our roles. That's a wonderful place to be, that is growth. You guys are doing great :)

    Hugs,
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Roz. It's strange that you seem to not notice when you are doing the best. :D

      Hugs,
      TL

      Delete
  4. This was beautiful! I loved all the little interactions between the two of you. It sounds as though things are better than you thought. Thanks for posting this. It was lovely.

    sara :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well you know, Bucko is taller than you. It is entirely possible that you just couldn't see his HoH hat on top of his head!

    Love
    willie.

    Ps..Hi Buckster !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd say I could get some heels, but that would just end with me falling on my butt. :)

      Love,
      TL

      PS Bucko says Hi

      Delete
  6. At some point it just becomes a part of who you are. Sometimes you don't even notice when he is becoming hoh-y like you showed above. You don't thrill every time it happens (or bristle) it is just who you are. Life as normal is good too! It's a little moment of arrival that you don't even notice. There have been times that we have gone months without spanking. Up to six months in fact (life gets in the way sometimes.) The changes in us are so fundamental, though, that it is just a part of who we are. There just is no going back to the way things were. We wouldn't even know how if we tried. Things like you outlined above are just normal & there is no stopping them once they make their way into the back's of our psyche's. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is a really great way of putting it. I think we spend so much time in the beginning looking for the thrill that we don't notice when it just becomes a part of the routine. It feels like the magic is gone, but it really isn't. You just get used to it. Thanks for sharing this.

      Hugs,
      TL

      Delete
  7. I am so behind in blogs, sorry. But I have to admit, I really loved this one! And I awed at the appropriate time too. ;) You know, I do think that after a while, DD just becomes who we are, and we no longer have to work so hard at it. It's actually quite nice to think about that, and that there isn't always the struggle anymore. :) I hope you find some peace as you find yourself settling into your roles. {{{HUGS}}} Hmm, have to admit, never heard of having to hold the cart to avoid grabbing shiney things... should I ask the story that started this? :)

    ReplyDelete