We all have them. Bucko and I have been in the midst of these little monsters for a while now. I feel like I've been waiting for some DD themed infomercial with the cure to my pesky dry spell and rough patch problem. Wouldn't that be awesome? Three easy payments of 19.95 plus shipping and handling to solve all my problems. Plus a free gift thrown in as well.
We all know life doesn't work that way. The only way to solve problems is to work through them. (I've tried that ignoring thing and it doesn't really do the trick.) Bucko and I have both been busy, we've both been tired, but the funny thing is the only person who has felt unhappy or discombobulated was me. Bucko seemed content to just relax and wait for things to find a way to settle. I wasn't. I worried and fretted. It's what I do. I feel as if allowing myself a moment means going back to the dark place.
I worried that we were losing our footing. I worried that he was unhappy with the way life was at the moment, despite repeated assurances to the contrary. I want to speed through the rough parts so that I can assure myself that things are okay. See, that's what I do too. No matter how good things are, or how long things are good for, one bad moment shakes my confidence. Square one is a scary place. It's a place I don't want to go back to. In order to avoid square one I worry that everything has to be perfect. I'm great at turning mole hills into mountains.
I'm my own worst enemy. I spend so much time worrying about making sure everything is perfect and being overly critical that I don't see that square one is miles behind me. These rough patches are a big deal. I have good reasons for them, but I still make them worse than they need to be. I teased Bucko that maybe he should spank it out of me. His sage response was, "You can't spank a fish for swimming, babe."
He's right. My thought train is going to run no matter what I do, but I have to figure out a way to keep myself from getting on board. I also have to figure out how to not get so upset with myself when I do get on the train. It's a little hard when you feel like this sometimes:
Today was a better day. I had a good moment. I feel a little more confident than I did the day before. I'm not sure how long it will last, but for the moment I'm going to try to just enjoy it.
What I have learned from this experience is that Bucko has way more confidence in me and us than I do. He sees the progress and the good things when I don't. Now I just have to try to make myself see what he does. Well, challenge accepted.




Hey T...please believe your Bucko...you are an awesome lady! We all see the progress that you are making...I can hear it in your 'tone' of writing. I apologize...I know I have not been good at commenting the past few months but I have read your posts and am very proud of how you are growing and progressing.
ReplyDeleteBelieve in yourself...we do! Sending lots of positive energy your way. ;)
Hugs and Blessings...
Cat
Thanks Cat. I am trying to believe. I appreciate the encouragement. It helps more than I can say.
DeleteHugs,
TL
Hi TL, dry spells and rough patches ... check (sigh). Oh, wouldn't it be so good if there was a cure you could purchase!
ReplyDeleteI think it's great that you recognise that you are worrying more than you need. Square one is now so far behind you.
I'm glad you are feeling more confident today. Good for you accepting the challenge to see the progress and positives that Bucko sees.
Hugs,
Roz
Yeah, these rough patches are no fun. I'm glad to be feeling the softer side of things now. Thank you for sharing your encouragement with me. Friends make even the roughest spots better.
DeleteHugs,
TL
Keep hanging onto his coattails until you feel strong enough to let go.
ReplyDeleteI'm trying. Thanks Sunny Girl!
DeleteWell, TL, I just wish our little rough patches were as pretty as in your picture! Ours are like wading through glutinous quick sand!
ReplyDeleteJust you listen to what our dear Cat has written above. She is dead right. We can all see the progress you have made. Very real and very positive.
Now then You, get your sewing kit out and get darning and mend every little rough patch in sight. You know what they say, "A stitch in time saves nine!" LOL!
Many hugs
Ami
I'm not very good at sewing, but I guess now is as good a time as any to learn. I hope you are not having too much quick sand these days. Thank you for giving me a positive push in the right direction.
DeleteHugs,
TL