Monday, November 11, 2013
Veterans Day
I didn't come from a military family. My father served a few years in the Navy, but was out long before I ever knew he served. My grandfather was in Vietnam, but it wasn't something I found out until much later in life. He never speaks about his time there. So military life wasn't something we ever really talked about in my house growing up.
My husband always said he wished he could of served in the military. He says he thinks the discipline would have done him good in his younger days. As an insulin dependent diabetic, he wasn't able to join. It sounds selfish to say, but on some level I'm glad my husband is home with me every night.
I can't imagine the sacrifices that military families make every day. I admire the bravery and courage of the men and women who serve. I can't fathom how hard it must be to go so far from home for so long. I admire the sense of honor and duty those men and women must have. Thank you for doing what you do, so that I can have my family safe at home with me.
I also have a tremendous amount of respect for the families of soldiers. I worry when my husband goes to work and doesn't answer his phone. I can't imagine what your life must be like everyday. The amount of worry and fear you must feel sometimes is unimaginable. Thank you for keeping the home fires burning and supporting your shoulders.
While I can't say I understand what these soldiers and their families go through, I admire them for it. I appreciate it more than I can put into words. My heart goes out to those men, women, and their families. They are in my thoughts and prayers. While it doesn't seem like enough, thank you for all that you do and sacrifice to keep us safe.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Thank you!
ReplyDeleteMeredith
Anytime!
DeleteBeautiful tribute T! Joining you in thanking all military personnel and their families.
ReplyDeleteHugs and Blessings...
Cat
Thanks, Cat!
DeleteHugs,
Thanks!
ReplyDeleteBeautifully said TL - and I affirm all that you said - thank you!
ReplyDelete:) Cali