Thursday, December 19, 2013

Holiday Meme


I saw this on Hermione's blog and in true holiday fashion, I'm stealing it. :) 

1. Eggnog or hot chocolate?   Definitely hot chocolate with marshmallows.
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just put them under the tree? It all depended on which parent's house I stayed at.  Mom wrapped, dad didn't.
3. Colored or white lights on tree or house? I used to insist on colored.  I think that was mostly, because my mother always wanted white.  Last year we had a white tree.  As I've grown older I appreciate the white lights more.  I like the soft glow.  This year we had technical difficulties with the lights so we have both colored and white lights on the tree.
4. Do you hang mistletoe? I've kissed under it, but never hung it personally.
5. When do you put your decorations up? We usually start the weekend after Thanksgiving.  This year we were really late and didn't put up outside decorations.  We got our tree up last week.
6. What is your favorite holiday dish? I like ham and sweet potato casserole.
7. Favorite holiday memory as a child? My favorite memories of Christmas are going to my Dad's house when he would wrap presents.  He would shut and lock the bedroom door and wrap one present at a time.  When he was done he would toss the present out the door and yell, "pick up!"  I would go get the present and spend time trying to figure out what it was until the next one came out the door.
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I figured it out before I got told, but the cool thing was when they told me I got to be a part of the secret for my younger siblings.  It's a really cool feeling to have someone enjoy the magic you created.
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? We always opened one on Christmas Eve.  Now Bucko and I do our presents right after midnight and do the family later in the day.
10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? White lights, a variety of ornaments from both Bucko's and my family, we have our special ornaments that we get together each year, and candy canes.
11. Snow! Love it or dread it? I like the idea of snow, but I don't have much practice with it.
12. Can you ice skate? I used to be able to, but I haven't tried since high school.
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? I remember some cool stocking stuffers and things from my dad.  My favorite gift ever on Christmas was probably my holiday Barbies.  I got one every year and I have quite a collection from about 1989-2000.
14. What’s the most important thing about the holidays for you?
Being with family and friends

15. What is your favorite holiday dessert?
I love to bake Christmas cookies, but I don't do much on the eating them.  I love the white chocolate covered oreos.

16. What tops your tree? Nothing. We are still searching for the perfect top.
17. Which do you prefer giving or receiving? Giving, I love giving people the perfect gift.
18. Candy Canes - yuck or yum?  I don't mind the taste, but I like the smaller candy canes.  The big ones are too messy.
19. Favorite Christmas show? It sounds cheesy but my favorite Christmas show is Twas the Night Before Christmas.  It has these adorable songs and mice and I was just in love with it.  I am also a sucker for Charlie Brown Christmas
20. What is your favorite Christmas song? I don't know that I have a favorite Christmas song.  I like most anything.  One of my favorites is this one from Twas the Night Before Christmas.  I love singing mice.

10 comments:

  1. That was really cute!! Merry Christmas :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute answers T. ;) You don't 'mind' the taste of candy canes? *snicker* you are so funny!

    Hugs and Blessings...Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't mind too much. I'll eat them if I have to. ;)

      Hugs,
      TL

      Delete
  3. This is a great meme and I enjoyed your answers TL, thanks for sharing :)

    Your story of your Dad wrapping presents one by one and tossing them out the door for you made me smile and I love that you helped keep the magic of santa alive for your younger siblings.

    Hugs,
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was one of my favorite parts of the holidays. I hope you and Rick have a great one.

      Hugs,
      TL

      Delete
  4. Really cute answers and some lovely memories of your dad and the presents.

    Hugs
    Ami

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved reading this, TL!! :) that was so fun and sweet how your dad made his present wrapping a wonderful event for you! Awesome! Hope that you are feeling well post your procedure the other day. Many hugs,

    <3 Katie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Things went well. Thanks! I'm glad you enjoyed.

      Delete