Like the salt says, "When it rains it, it pours." That's how things have felt in Bucko and TL land. I'm sorry if anyone has been worried or concerned. I promise I'm not dropping off the face of the planet, I'm just struggling to keep my head above water. I realize we are halfway through the month and I have been so consumed by the chaos that the time to blog or even collect my thoughts really just hasn't been there. I'm sorry I haven't been keeping up with my usual reading and commenting. I miss everyone terribly. It's been rather lonely around here, but I just haven't been able to get to blogland.
Bucko and I are not big fans of the month of May. It is Bucko's busiest time at work, and my most hectic time of the school year. Bucko has made the joke, more than once, that we got married in the month of May so we would have one good thing to look forward to during this time of the year. This May has been particularly hard. I've been discombobulated, but frankly neither of us has had the time or energy to do much about it.
Things are typically difficult for us during the month of May. This is our first May with DD, and things have been less difficult in regards to us fighting or getting annoyed with each other, but there hasn't been a lot of time for us to reconnect. I feel myself starting to head to that little island of solitude, but don't really know how to steer the boat in a different direction.
The real problem this month was that I had a feeling. A really good feeling. Bucko and I want children. With my history this has been more than a little bit of a struggle. Last month was a good month for us in that regard. I felt different. I felt sure. I prayed over it. I begged for it to be so, and I tried with all that I had not to get my hopes up, but I couldn't help it. It was true I just knew it. So when my monthly visitor showed up this week, I was heartbroken. Bucko held me while I cried, and was quick to say we could try again.
Right now I feel angry. I felt let down and disappointed. I'm struggling with waiting for this greater plan where it will happen when it's meant to happen. I can't look at facebook, because all I see are people posting about their adorable babies and my heart breaks again. I know people who smoked while they were pregnant, who were angry when they found out they were having a child, I see parents every day in my line of work who couldn't care less about the miracles they have in their life and it makes me so mad I can't see straight. I want to scream it's not fair. I don't understand why they are mothers, but I am not. I don't want to believe that it's God's way of saying there is something deeply wrong with me, but I can't seem to stop the thoughts running through my head.
Bucko, too, is disappointed. He feels like he is letting me down. He was great about bringing home tacos, being there when I needed him, and giving me space when I couldn't take it anymore.
So now we wait, make another appointment with the doctor, and I struggle not to go back to the dark place. It's a tempting place as it seems like it's the only place where I don't get hurt. I can't help but wonder if feeling nothing is better than the pain I feel now.
But wait it gets better. In the midst of all this our AC broke. Anyone who lives in the South knows any time after February you can't not have AC. Bucko came home the other night to the hot house, and he was angry. It was just one more thing to make life difficult for us this month. We called a guy to come out to fix it, but he wouldn't be able to make it until Monday. That wasn't going to work.
Bucko and I were emailing back and forth to try and work out the AC problem and he sent me an email that said, "It's nothing we can't handle as long as we have each other." Those few little words seemed to make me smile and feel lighter somehow. My heart is still broken, and things are hard, but I still have Bucko. That's not nothing. Here's hoping for a better June.
I am so sorry you are having a rough time. My heart is sad for you and I will pray things will turn around for you soon. <3
ReplyDeleteThank you, I hope so too. :D
DeleteI do feel your pain, every little ounce of it. We have been through that and it is hard. At least you have a good strong relationship which means you can both fall back on each other. How great is it that his one short sentence was just the right one.
ReplyDeleteHugs
J
It was one of his better one liners I must admit. This is hard, but it's a little easier today than yesterday so that's something.
DeleteHugs,
TL
I am sorry that things are so difficult right now. I will not sit here and pretend that I understand why some people are blessed with babies....and others have to struggle. I have no idea what that must be like....and I won't tell you that I do. What I can say, is that I will pray for you....and I know that is not much right now...but it is all that I have :(
ReplyDeleteBucko is right.....you have each other....and although that in itself will not fix everything....it is something to cling to. Sometimes, that is all that we have. Here is hoping this storm passes quickly. (((hugs)))
~Lucy
Thank you. All the thoughts and prayers are very appreciated. This has been a struggle, but we are still hoping.
DeleteHugs,
TL
I'm sorry you're having such a bad month. :( I hope you have a better June as well... and a better end of May.
ReplyDeleteThank you, me too. :D
DeleteLiving in the south as well I understand your pain. Hopefully you can get that fixed soon. Not really much I can say about the babies thing, except I do understand as well. I'm not a huge facebook person myself but part of the reason is probably all the baby pictures. Try to hang in there. There is certainly nothing wrong with you, you are a wonderful person. Just think about how much the child you eventually have will be loved and appreciated even more once you finally do. I hope things improve for you next month and you can have a brighter outlook.
ReplyDeleteAC is fixed thank goodness. Thank you for the kind words. Everyone has been really encouraging and it helps more than I can say.
DeleteHugs,
TL
Hugs, your pain is heart breaking. As a former teacher I know all about May. All that stress, cannot be helping you. Prayers your way.
ReplyDeletehugs abby
Thank you, Abby. It's almost over, and hopefully that will help things get better.
DeleteHugs,
TL
My heart is breaking for you. I know a little of your heartache. I'm so sorry. I remember thinking 'this is it. I must be.' Only to have my monthly visitor appear. You're so right. It's just not fair. I wish it were different for you. I wish I could offer some words of wisdom. But really, I'm not sure anything I say will help. I'm thinking about you and wishing for a better June. So glad you have Bucko and for the beautiful words he spoke to you. Hugs.....
ReplyDeleteBucko and everyone here in blogland have been very supportive while I struggle. It has helped keep me from going back into my whole and makes me willing to keep trying.
DeleteHugs,
TL
Awww TL. My heart breaks for you! Such a rough thing to go through. I want you to know that my profession has seen tons of women in the same situation, who were successful after some time! Please don't give up the ship- keep your faith, okay? I am sending you the biggest of hugs!
ReplyDeleteYou have a very special man there. He speaks the truth! Hang on tight to him and let him lead you through this tough month. Summer and a little chillaxin is just around the corner! Hugs and love,
<3 Katie
Thanks Katie. Just a few more days until summer. It's hard to keep the faith, but I'm trying to hang on to that mustard seed.
DeleteHugs,
TL
There are so many of us here in this community who feel your pain - whether it's presently or in the past. For me it was 5 looong years - 20 years ago, if that makes sense. (I now have 3 teenagers)
ReplyDeleteI know it hurts deep when you are longing for a child with your whole heart and don't have one yet. Other people's pregnancies, baby showers, well-meaning questions can just add to the pain. And boy do I remember well that horrid feeling when your cycle comes after you've felt so strongly that this time it "happened".
I want to compliment you & your sweet husband for holding on to one another during all this. I sadly distanced myself from my hubby during that time.
I also want to encourage you - even though there is so much medical science can do, we couldn't afford any of it; and there were times when I gave up on praying too. But God in His perfect timing answered my barely-whispered prayer. The doctors called it "spontaneous fertility" because there was no explanation, but we knew better. :)
So continue to hang on to your sweetheart, and know that if your faith is wavering, God doesn't waver. What He has planned for you, will happen. The hardest part is the waiting......but know that we are all here for you along the way.
Love & Hugs,
Cali
Thank you for sharing your story. It gives me hope that there is still time and a chance. It means a lot to me to have so many people be willing to share their experience. This is hard and I wouldn't wish it on anyone. Thank you for helping to lift me up a little.
DeleteHugs,
TL
(((hugs))) I'm so sorry you are going through this. I remember the feelings all too well. It took ovarian drilling surgery, clomid, and 22 months for us to finally get pregnant. It took my best friend 5 years. It's a really tough road to walk, especially when it's happening for everyone but you. All I can do is offer you my heartfelt sympathy. Every month that it doesn't happen feels like a loss. It's heartbreaking and it's not fair.
ReplyDeleteI will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.
Thank you so much. I am hoping that this new doctor will help and things will get better. It's uplifting to hear so many people say that it did eventually happen for them.
DeleteHugs,
TL
Oh TL,
ReplyDeleteWhat heartbreak. I can't imagine the longing you have. There seems to be so much more infertility now than there used to be. So much hurt and heartache. One thing I know is that God wants the best for you. Saying a little prayer.
Bea
Old wives tale: my Granny (hillbilly extraordinaire) said to stand in a pan of cold water just before you have sex!
That is a tale I haven't heard before. I might try it. Thank you for the thoughts and prayers.
DeleteHugs,
TL
I know that feeling all too well :( Hugs Hunny, there's always next month. (That's what I tell myself anyways)
ReplyDeleteCallie
Thanks, Callie. That's what I'm trying to tell myself now.
DeleteTL, I am so sorry you are going through this and I completely understand. I have not been blessed with children and it is not a reality for us. I remember seeing friends go through pregnancies, the baby showers etc. It was awful.
ReplyDeleteYou have a wonderful man who loves you very much TL and I know you will get through this together.
You are in my thoughts and prayers.
(((Hugs)))
Roz
Thank you, Roz. You are such a wonderful friend. Thanks for being in my corner.
DeleteHugs,
TL
{{TL}} you know i KNOW EXACTLY WHERE YOU ARE RIGHT NOW. i swear to you that i do.
ReplyDeletefirst. god has NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS. he is not punishing you for something in your life, and he is not keeping you from having your own sweet baby to hold. get that OUT OF YOUR HEAD! it just doesn't work that way, otherwise, these smoking mothers and mothers who don't want children WOULD NOT have children. do i make myself clear here? get that out of your head.
i cannot tell you how many times i went to the drug store, peed on that stick, and didn't see the two blue lines. the sorrow. the agony. the wanting. i had all that. i know exactly how your heart is feeling right now, that pregnant women are just everywhere around you right now when you don't want to see ANY pregnant women. i get it. i swear, from the depths of my soul, i understand your heart right now.
second. hang in there. just hang in there! i know that's easy said. bless your heart. i wish having babies was easy for everyone. wouldn't that be fantastic?! ugh. i wish...
are you seeing a reproductive endo or just a gyn? email me if you want. i want you to just hang on. you can do it! i'm the most impatient person i know, and if i could do it, you definitely can! :) let me know if there's anything i can do. even just to listen. i can do that.
xx.
m.
Thank you so much for your kind words. This experience is hard and it's difficult to stay positive when you are hurting so badly. I keep hoping for things to get better. Right now I'm just trying to keep trying. I will send you an email. Thank you for sharing your story. It helps to know that others have been where we are and come out on the other side.
DeleteHugs,
TL
I am so sorry you two are going through this right now. I can't say I know how you feel, but in my line of work I see these struggles often :( I understand the questions of "how come she has a perfect baby and I can't have one?" And "how do they not realize what a blessing a baby is" My answer to this (whether wrong or right).....God is making sure he places that perfect match of a baby with you and Bucko. He has a plan for you.
ReplyDeleteSending hugs and prayers your way.
Tricia
Thank you for your thoughts and prayers. They are very appreciated.
DeleteHe's right TL. Together you aren't alone in facing all the hard stuff. I think you know that we also long for children and are in a different age/stage of life than you and TL. I know I couldn't get through the monthly pain of it without my MM, his encouragement and gentleness. Keep hoping and praying. God knows the desires of your hearts and sometimes does things the oddest ways, but he always hears us.
ReplyDeleteThank you Susie. We are continuing to hope and pray. I'm glad you have MM to help you through.
DeleteHugs,
TL