Monday, May 27, 2013

One of Those Days

We all have had one of "those" days.  The days where anything that can go wrong does, and just when you think the sky is about to clear a storm comes out of nowhere, but it only appears to be raining on you.  This month has seemed like a never ending string of "those" days.  Bucko was having a long string of "those" days too.  It seemed like we just went into survival mode.  We buried our heads hoping to emerge when "those" days had passed.  Guess how well that worked?

For those of you who guessed not well, Ding! Ding! You are correct.  The last week or so has been especially terse in the Bucko and TL household.  DD seemed to be on the back burner.  Neither of us seemed to have the time or the energy to follow through.  It seemed like taking the time to do TTWD was just too much and one more thing we didn't need on our plate.  The funny thing is, I think it was exactly what we needed.  We needed to clear the air and clean the slate, but we just didn't do it.

I know it sounds more than a little cray-cray, (it took me a long time to make my peace with the idea) but I need the spanking.  All that keep calm and whatever stuff just doesn't work for me.  The problem is when we get busy DD is the first thing to go, and when it does I have nothing to rein in stress and anxiety.  Normally it happens so quickly that I don't even notice.  This time I felt it.  I was spiraling out of control and I knew it.  I was distancing.  I was rapidly becoming a witch on wheels, and there was nothing I could do about it.

I know what you are thinking.  Sure I could have gone to Bucko and said, "Hey there big fella break out the paddle and help a damsel in distress out here!" Easier said than done.  The other thing is, and I know the man isn't a mind reader and I'm being unreasonable, but I don't want to have to do that.  I want him to know and do it anyway.  I want him to notice and fix it.  The problem with that is I'm not always sure how to fix it.  Sometimes spanking works, and sometimes I really do just need some space.  I want Bucko to know more about me than I do myself.  I want him to know which is which and when to do what.  Is that fair, of course not.  I know in my head that I can't get mad at him for not being a mind reader and knowing what I want when I don't know myself.  That doesn't seem to stop me from doing it.

If there is one thing I have learned in the past year it is that expectations can be a dangerous thing.  Often I have a preconceived idea in my head of how things should go and when they don't go that way I'm upset.  No, I don't tell Bucko about this ideal, I just expect him to know what I'm thinking and what I need him to do.  He does the same thing.  Many times, I don't react to the same stimuli the same way.  One time something will be fine, the next it sends me spiraling into one of my PTSD meltdowns.  Our expectations often lead to hurt feelings on both sides.  It's something we are working on.

At any rate, the month of May (the month of Meh!) as it has come to be called in our home seems to be a never ending string of those days.  This weekend was a long weekend.  We were hoping the extra time to relax would bring an end to "those" days.  Saturday was the laziest day I think I've ever lived through.  We spent the entire day sleeping.  Not in bed, literally sleeping.  I think we only got up to eat and pee.  Yesterday we needed to get things done.

The day was headed toward another day of coexisting with little connection.  This time I knew how to fix it, but I couldn't bring myself to come out and say it.  So I did what any self respecting DD wife would do.  I poked the bear.  Yes, bad TL, I baited my husband.  I was whiny and demanding.  I pointed and ordered him about until I pushed the right button.  I then ended up over my husband's lap getting, what I can admit now, was a long overdue spanking.  Just as suddenly as it began it stopped.  I could still feel the tension radiating off my person.  I think it was worse than before, because the spanking had brought all those feelings to the surface.  So when Bucko asked if I was ready to try again, I did.  I poked again.  Round two went on for a little while with a stronger implement.  Still when he stopped I felt short changed.  These emotions had been building for a long time and no run of the mill spanking was going to get the job done.  Round three seemed to have Bucko getting the message.  This time I was squirming (I always kick and wiggle, but this was serious escape mode) and pleading with him to stop.  He didn't.  When he finally did stop I was in tears.  That never happens, at least not during the spanking itself.  Bucko held and cuddled me for a long time, assuring me that the month of Meh was over, at least in our house.

When we went out to do errands we seemed much more like the couple I was used to us being.  I was soft and yielding and he was protective and attentive.  We were playful for the first time in ages.  I did poke the bear again, but it was more in that playful teasing manner we both enjoyed.  What I wasn't expecting was to be pulled across Bucko's knee in the parking lot (we were parked far enough back to be alone) and spanked right there in the car, but I was.  Twice!  The second time with my skirt up and everything.  Bucko assures me he stopped when another car pulled up, but I did give him a dirty look anyway. It seems Bossy Boots Bucko is back.  

The rest of our day was filled with playful smacks and loving attention.  It was one of those amazing days.  Those are the kind of days I like. By the end of it  I was feeling much happier and more loved than I have in ages, even if I was watching Doctor Who with an ice pack on my bum.  

Today my backside is sensitive, and yes it has been thoroughly smacked again, but Bucko and I are doing well.  He has decided that my being home for the summer will provide him with the time to administer daily spankings.  I'm a little worried about the amount of follow through attached to that, but if it means no more months of Meh, I'm all for it.  Here's hoping for less of "those" days and more of those days like yesterday.

22 comments:

  1. It's good that the month of Meh is over! SO nice to hear the happiness in your writing. Playful smacks sound just lovely.

    ((hugs))
    quiet sara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Things have been rather lovely the last day or so. I'm glad to see our normal coming back too.

      Hugs,
      TL

      Delete
  2. My favorite line was, "...Bucko and I are doing well." So glad to hear it! Here's to many more of these days a a lot less of 'those' days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad to be able to write that line. Thanks for stopping by.

      Hugs,
      TL

      Delete
  3. Eugh, I hate having 'those' days. I'm glad you got it somewhat sorted out and hope you have a wonderful summer break ;)

    Callie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just a few more days now. I can't wait.

      Hugs,
      TL

      Delete
  4. So glad you got the Meh out of your system. How is it we forget the one thing we need the most?
    I'm sitting gingerly today too. As long as I can stay out of trouble... And you too. Lol. (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well Bucko just reminded me that he's spanking me again tomorrow. We'll see how long this last. I apparently can't afford to get in any trouble. LOL.

      Delete
  5. Well you have to admit, when things go wrong, they go WRONG. When things go right, they are really right. AND then there is Bucko-theory thrown into the mix! bwhahaha..Just kidding Buckster.

    Now listen hear little lady, I am happy you are in a great spot, and happy we get to 'play' again soon, *however* poking a Buckster might not be the best choice of action. Not for your bum, you wanted/needed that but for your relationship. You are fortunate that he stepped up, they don't always and then what happens? ( Okay you caught me, I'm horrid at not doing the same thing, except Barney doesn't usually 'catch' on. Further more I have a habit of also poking OTHER people's HoHs for sport too)

    You should be very proud about how you reacted after though. Admitting that things were not as they should be and 'resuming the position" is what a 'self respecting Dd wife' should hope to be able to do some day. So PROGRESS!

    Much love,
    willie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to get to play with you. I know it was dangerous but if poking Bucko ended with this kind of wonderful feeling I may just do it again. I'm glad things are more normal. I was definitely more submissive after tonight's spanking. Progress indeed.

      Love and hugs,
      TL

      Delete
  6. Spanking in a parking lot! It is a surprise, I also received a surprise spanking in a parking lot last week. I guess being out in public does not mean wear safe!
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Apparently not. I thought it did, but turns out I was wrong.

      Delete
  7. Hey TL, I'm sorry it has been a rough moth, but am so glad to hear the month of meh is behind you and things are getting back on track.

    I know what you mean about wanting him to just 'know' what you need, and to not have to ask. Poking the bear - tsk tsk LoL. Glad Bucko caught on though and stepped up but wow, 3 rounds! Good on you both for persevering until he was able to reach you.

    I'm so happy you are now in a good place. Playful smacks and loving attention are the best!

    Hugs,
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a long haul, but the end result was worth it. (I think there was a pun there LOL) We are in a good place now. I hope you and Rick are well.

      Hugs,
      TL

      Delete
  8. OH, we so don't want them to be able to read our minds, but really wish they knew us better than we knew ourselves. LOL A catch 22. ;) I am so glad that you were able to find what you needed, and that he was able to take you to that place where you could cry, let go, and just enjoy him. But oh my! I would hate to be spanked in a parking lot! lol I'm guessing that was more of a lesson than you expected. hehe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes I think mind reading would be easier. I'm happy we are in a better place. Things are better today than yesterday and improving all the time.

      Delete
  9. Everyone has THOSE days, for sure. I'm glad he persisted and you are feeling better now...that flirty, close, everything is right between the two of you, feeling is so nice:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is the best feeling in the world. I love it.

      Delete
  10. Glad the month is over and you are in a better place now. 3 rounds is quite bad though huh? It's a good thing he figured it out and finally took care of it.

    Can't imagine being spanked in the middle of a parking lot. Tm has pulled me over his knee on a bench by a lake. That was a bit embarrassing but thankfully just a handful of swats and far enough away from home that I wasn't worried about anyone I knew seeing us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a little rough, but I think we are both feeling better for it. Bucko likes to swat in public. I can't seem to get him to stop. He is even more publicly HOHy when we are somewhere where we don't know anyone.

      Delete
  11. Yay for Bossy Boots Bucko...and his lovely bride. I do hope that you get lots of time all summer long for these kinds of connections. I'm not a big fan of life getting so busy, but it can't be helped.

    Okay...off to see if there are more updates. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a good day. I'm hoping for lots of time over the summer for time with Bucko and my wonderful blogland friends.

      Hugs,
      TL

      Delete