Monday, June 17, 2013

Monday Musings and a Quick Update

Good morning.  I have to say, Monday's aren't so bad when you are on vacation.  I almost forgot it was Monday.  Oops!  

Just a quick update.  I have to go out of town this week for a teacher conference.  I will have my kindle, but that will be about it for internet access.  As always, I hate the idea of leaving Bucko, even if it is only for a couple days.  He intends to do some R/A before I leave just to keep things settled.  I will say I'm not as nervous about this trip as I usually am when it requires Bucko and I to be apart.  The good news is when I get back it will be time for Bucko to go on vacation.  No big plans for vacation, but I'm excited to just stick close to home and get some things done.  His vacation in August will be one where we go away.

On to today's Monday Musing.  I really didn't find anything that spoke to me so I thought I would include a recipe from the new meal plan Bucko and I have been trying to stick to.  Bucko loves this and he's not the most adventurous eater.

Chicken and Sage Gravy:

Ingredients:

1 lb chicken (I use boneless skinless thighs, but it works with whatever is on hand.)
1 jar of low fat chicken gravy
1 container of fresh or canned mushrooms (I prefer the fresh baby bellas)
 Salt
Pepper
Garlic Salt
Onion Powder
Dry Sage

Directions:
1. Lightly spray a glass baking dish with olive oil spray (any type of cooking spray will do.)
2. Season chicken to taste with salt, pepper, garlic salt, and onion powder.
3. Rub chicken with dry sage to lightly coat. (You can just sprinkle if you want a lighter sage flavor)
4. Add mushrooms
5. Pour the gravy over top 
6. Bake at 375 for about 30 minutes until chicken reaches a temperature of 165.

I serve the chicken with some fresh veggies and baked potatoes.

Enjoy!

 

9 comments:

  1. Love the chicken recipe. Enjoy your conference.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The recipe sounds yummy! Hope you're about to enjoy the conference. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the recipe. I'm always looking for new recipes that include "real" ingredients that I actually know about and know how to use! (Not a real great cook ;)

    Enjoy the conference.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love to cook, but I have to use simple stuff because Bucko can be a little picky.

      Delete
  4. Ooooo....this sounds yummy :) Enjoy your conference.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey TL,

    Thank you for the recipe, it sounds yummy! Enjoy your conference. I'm glad you are feeling better about the time apart this time and you have vacation to look forward to when you return!

    Hugs,
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, Roz. I hope you like it. I do feel better this time, and I'm excited for vacation.

      Delete