I've mentioned before that Bucko and I are trying to have a baby. This month was met with another disappointment as my monthly visitor showed up right on time. I admit this month I didn't have a good feeling, so I wasn't surprised. I was still disappointed. This month Bucko was too, and this time it seemed like there was more to it than just him being upset that I was disappointed.
We aren't losing faith, though it's a struggle. I am at a stage where I'm angry a lot. I see friends and some not-so friends on facebook with babies and I have a compulsive need to punch someone in the throat as one of my blogland friends puts it.
Up until now it has seemed like I was the one trying to have a baby. Bucko was more laid back. He was all for the process of making a baby, and if the baby came great. If not, that was okay too. Lately, that has changed. Bucko has taken more control of the situation. I have been checked by the doctor and he is going tomorrow.
Today I went to the diabetic counselor. We are both diabetic and irregular blood sugars could be causing a problem when it comes to making our little Buckaroo. (Not to brag, but how cute is that?) That also means that when (Note I said when not if. Look who is keeping the faith and thinking positive! Progress!) I get pregnant it will be a high risk pregnancy. Diabetics have healthy babies all the time, I just may have to give myself insulin shots to do it. I am a big wuss about checking my blood sugar with the finger stick. Insulin shots are not going to make me a happy camper, but you have to do what you have to do right?
I have another appointment with the doctor this week. We'll see where that goes. Right now I have meal plans in hand and a book of information to read downloaded on my Kindle. My spring fling challenge may have not worked out so well, but the summer challenge is on. I called my Bucko after the appointment to let him know what was going on. I was a little worried and scared, because some of the information made me a little afraid that this was going to be even harder than it has been. Bucko said we'd take care of it, then told me he had to get back to work. A little while later I was greeted with a text.
"Make half the chicken, one can of the soup, one cup of rice, and the rest is all veggies."
This is pretty strictly following the meal plan I was given. I wasn't expecting an immediate start since we hadn't gone shopping yet or anything. Normally for changes like this I have to say, you know you will have to help us with this, right? I was suitably impressed with my Bucko's resolve. Even more so when I got this text.
"I love you babe. Whatever challenges we face I promise I'll lead us through them and we'll be fine. :)"
I know it sounds a little silly, but this text brought tears to my eyes. There is something about the way he just stepped up to take care of our family that really got to me. I feel safe and more secure that we will work this baby thing out together. Once I got myself together there wasn't much to say so I sent back...
"I know, babe. I love you too."
Well that text brought tears to my eyes too! Way to say the right thing Bucko!
ReplyDeleteYou will face the challenges together face to face. And we will face them with your heart to heart.
love always,
willie
Ps for the record I am *not* the one who says punch them in the throat. Just in case people think it is me...Although I am fond of the saying now! *wink*
He did well with that text. I was impressed. I think he's still riding the high of all the "way to go Bucko's." He's right in any case. We'll get through it together, and with our wonderful friends. :D
Deletelove and hugs,
TL
Big hugs. I've been there. It seems like everyone and even their dog (lol) gets pregnant when you want to be. It's all you see.
ReplyDeleteYour day will come! Hang in there, even though it seems hard sometimes. It sounds like you have a great partner to help you get there, too!!
Hugs,
Elle
It does seem like everyone around me is pregnant or TV shows are talking about being pregnant. It's driving me nuts. I know I need to think about it less, but it does seem all consuming right now. I'm still thinking positively, and so is Bucko. Here's hoping.
DeleteHugs,
TL
I just wanted to say, great job on staying positive when it's so hard. I'm thinking of you and wish you the best and hope you get what you want soon.
ReplyDeleteHugs
Kim
Thanks, Kim. It is hard, but I'm trying to keep the faith.
DeleteTL,
ReplyDeleteSomehow when they know just what to say or do. When they are stepping up, it's just melt the heart time..
It really is. Sometimes it amazes me how he knows just what to say. I think he's found his comfort level with being the leader of our family. It's both amazing and a little sexy too.
DeleteHugs,
TL
I know you've heard this before and you hate hearing, but when the time is right you'll have the answer you seek. Just don't close off any options waiting for the door you want to open.
ReplyDeleteGreat that Bucko is so supportive. It makes life so much easier when you have someone by your side and guarding your back.
It is hard to be patient when it's something you want so badly. I'm trying. Bucko is really wonderful about being there when it makes me sad.
DeleteSending happy baby-making thoughts your way! It's great that the two of you are in it together! :)
ReplyDeleteThanks Kim. Here's hoping.
DeleteI had so many years of those monthly disappointments-- I empathize with you dearly. Everything in divine timing.
ReplyDeletehugs to you.
Patience is not a virtue I was blessed with. I am hopeful we will get there. At least we have lots to read to get us in the baby making mood. ;)
DeleteHugs,
TL
The first time I got pregnant, we tried for almost two years. And now look, five kids. I swear the second to the last was immaculate conception and the last one, well we figured we must have drank out of the same glass of water.
ReplyDeleteAlso, I had gestational diabetes while pregnant. It was so hard to test my blood sugar all the time and to have to weigh my food and measure it. I still remember that half of a banana was a serving of fruit. I had to count out my grapes too. I think that I was the only mother who wouldn't let her kids eat off of her plate, especially my counted grapes!
Honestly, we had just been to see the doctor about in vitro, and I got pregnant a week later. I guess since we had kind of given up on that idea that I would get pregnant - it worked.
That is so awesome, the kind of support you are getting from your husband. It is hard them but it's harder on us. I like that you recognized his sadness. That will make your marriage stronger. Just know that there are many people praying for you and I really hope that you will have a little one, with the hiccups, in your belly soon.
Thank you for this. It helps so much to hear that others struggled and came out with the prize on the other side. I know all about the half a banana and counting grapes.
DeleteI am hopeful. Now I really feel like we are doing everything in our power, not just waiting for it to happen. It is sad and disappointing sometimes, but when we have our little buckaroo it will be worth it.
Hugs,
TL
Totally feeling this with you at the moment. It's so incredibly hard and as much as you should be happy with the 'great news' someone else has, it just hurts so much.
ReplyDeleteWe need our HoHs more than ever at the moment and you have Bucko right in there, taking your hand and leading you!
Callie
It is really hard when you want something so badly and everyone but you seems to get it. Bucko has been really supportive. We are still hopeful. I hope you and the H can get what you want in that regard as well.
DeleteAww..this bought tears to my eyes also. My daughter was told she could not have another babe when she was trying fro # 2...told she should not have had #1...I love those 2 grands. My heart aches for you this morning, but I pray it will soar for you with good news in the future.
ReplyDeletehugs abby
Thanks Abby. I keep hearing of others who have struggled and had success. It helps.
DeleteHugs,
TL
Awe TL. that text brought tears to my eyes too. I love the way Bucko stood up and reassured you that he will lead you through this.
ReplyDeleteYou are in this together and will face the challenges together. Sending positive thoughts and prayers your way that you will hold little Buckaroo in your arms in the future.
Hugs,
Roz
Thanks Roz. He's a good fella that Bucko of mine. I'm hopeful that we will have our little Buckaroo soon.
DeleteOh TL, my heart aches for you both! It is not an easy road at all. I will tell you that in my profession I saw many women go through this, and yet became parents even well into their fourties. Sending you warm, positive thoughts that you too will be part of this group soon. Sending big hugs as you continue on. Most importantly, It looks like your Bucko has you on this. How wonderful!!
ReplyDelete<3 Katie
He does have me and that's wonderful. I hope soon we will be a part of that group. Trying to stay positive.
DeleteHugs,
TL
Oh honey, that is such a nice thing he said :)
ReplyDeleteI really don't have much advise for you, apart from my friend is a diabetic and she took sometime to fall pregnant, but she has three kids now :) and yes it's hard with insulin and counting and weighing food, but it's doable and so worth it.
No matter what, you're in this together and Bucko is showing you, you're not going it alone. So trust him and everything will be fine x
It's worth it, or rather it will be when we have some cute little Buckaroos. It's good to hear that it can be done. It's hard when you are struggling to feel like you will ever get there.
DeleteAww, I love it. (((hugs))) to both of you during this time with trying to get pregnant, but Yay for Bucko!!! What a good Hoh thing to do.
ReplyDeleteMuch love to you both
sara
Thanks, Sara. We appreciate it.
DeleteHugs,
TL
I have a friend who is a diabetic. It was at times difficult but she now has 4 children.
ReplyDeleteWe had a hard time conceiving and I remember those times of finding out someone else was pregnant and a wave of anger would overwhelm me as I was trying to put on a good face and congratulate them. Yes I remember not being able to control my reaction when my sister-inlaw became pregnant in the first month of marriage. I was truly happy for her. This is normal. If it becomes to much you may want to talk to your doctor about a support group to talk. Stress is not a good companion at this time.
Of course you do have Bucko who is doing a tremendous job.
Hugs,
Blue Bird
I have always found it funny that they tell you to relax, which is the hardest thing to do in this situation. I am trying hard to stay positive. Having Bucko and everyone here helps.
DeleteHugs,
TL
I'm just sending you some sticky baby vibes, I wish you the best! I'm glad you can lean on your husband, and you can help each other
ReplyDeleteThanks, Jennelle. We're hoping.
DeleteThank you for this. I was feeling somewhat bummed today and this did help lift the weight a bit. You see I and my wife have been trying for a child since this past February, and she has not become pregnant yet. We are trying not to be stressed out about this, but...
ReplyDeleteI wish you both Good Luck with this and please share any helpful advice if you can.
Thank you for saying that. Knowing that we were able to help someone else struggling is a wonderful thing. Good luck to you both and feel free to email me. I don't know that I have any great advice, but I'm happy to help.
DeleteHi, TL. Glad I have finally found my way to your blog. I know how you feel. My husband and I tried for 2 years to have our first and only. I lost hope, and somehow, even after we found out about some of our fertility problems, we did have a baby on our own without interventions. That two years was a long and hard road, but we cherish our daughter every day. We now have decided to start trying again for # 2. I am scared out of my mind to go down that road again. I know ttwd/dd is what brought me to your page out of mutual interest, but it's nice that I found this post to be so relatable to where I am right now too. Nice to meet you :) Btw, Bucko seems like a wonderful man, and I have no doubt he will be there for you every step of this process. Baby dust to you!!!
ReplyDeleteHugs,
Marie
I'm very glad you made it too. Welcome. Thank you for sharing that with us. It makes it easier to hope when you know it can happy. He is a wonderful man. I hope the best for you and your husband. Baby dust to you guys as well.
DeleteHugs,
TL
I really do know how you feel, even the punching others bit!!!
ReplyDeleteWe had many disappointing months. It hard but if you stay close to each other as you sound as if you are you will get through it better.
We ended up having 6 rounds of IVF and have two boys; expensive but worth every penny!
I'm still trying to stay positive, and not punch people. We're going to keep trying. Bucko never seems to mind that part.
DeleteI know how hard it is, to want so much, and everyone else is getting what you're hoping for. {{{HUGS}}} We have wanted a baby for five years. I'm trying to do what you are. Saying when, not if. So hard some days, but trying. I think it is so great that Bucko is stepping up to help! :) It's so hard to get the Duke to help with out trying, and I really admit Bucko for doing so. You're right, your own little buckaroo is so cute! :)
ReplyDeleteIt is hard. At least we don't have to go through it alone. We have each other and our fellas. I'm here if you need to talk. Getting Bucko on board in more than just an it will happen when it happens capacity took time. I hope you and the Duke get what you are hoping for soon.
DeleteI will pray for you.I was blessed with children but I am unable to have another child so I can understand some of what you are dealing with. I hope you get your precious bundle soon.
ReplyDelete