It seems like I haven't had much to say lately. TTWD has just become a part of life. Bucko and I have settled for the most part into a good place. Then something happens that throws off our grove and I go running for the solace that is my blog. It seems odd that I just don't have as much to say when things are running smoothly.
Well everything was going along well this week. Daily spankings have been happening and have for the most part been fine. For some inexplicable reason Friday afternoon the anxiety I used to feel came rushing back. I can't put my finger on it, but it seems like one minute I was fine, and the next I was in full on meh-mode. I was going out with a friend so I put my meh on hold until I came home that night, figuring Bucko would do his thing and all would be fine.
Apparently, Bucko had his own plans of how our evening would go and I wasn't following his script either. I was tearful and upset, he was miffed. So for a moment we reverted back to our pre-DD ways. We sat in the same room each staring at our respective computers ignoring one another. After a while of doing this I tried to go to bed.
The problem with that plan was I have come to rely on lying next to my husband and I can't sleep without him. The discontent in our house made it impossible to settle down. So I got up and went to where he was and settled next to him. I apologized for my meh-ness and explained yet again that I can't help it. Sometimes the PTSD monster just comes and I can't do anything about it. That's when he said something that really struck me.
"So because you can't help it, I'm not allowed to get upset about it?"
Ouch! Have I been doing that this whole time? The answer in a word is yes. I'm so wrapped up in how I feel when the meh-wave washes over me that I rarely think about what he's feeling. Or rather I apologize that it upsets him, but I want him to say it's okay and go back to being concerned for me. That isn't fair. He is as entitled to his feelings and disappointments as I am. We did our usual daily spanking thing, but it didn't hit the reset button the way it usually does. We decided to try what we lovingly have come to call a "Bossy Bucko Weekend."
It isn't boot camp, but it's one of those weekends where he is more in charge than usual. It was a rough start to our weekend, because I just wasn't feeling it. I was bossy, demanding, and just generally unpleasant, because I was upset about how the previous evening went. This resulted in a spanking. It was a pretty heavy one. I would like to state for the record that the talking hand, especially when the HOH is lecturing is not appreciated. Well after that little bit of
That completely threw me. I am not the best at asking for what I want on a good day, much less one of these. There is something about this kind of situation that makes the PTSD monster go into overdrive. I felt my chest constrict and my throat close. I told him I couldn't. He said I needed to. The worst thing for me to feel when the monster shows up is trapped. It takes me back to that dark place and I have to run. So I did. I got up and walked to the bathroom shutting the door behind me telling him, "I guess we are done then."
I sat on the side of the tub and cried. I tried to get myself together. I took deep breaths and convinced myself I wasn't a little kid anymore. When I could finally breathe again I got up and walked out of the bedroom fully expecting Bucko to have gone to his computer. He was right where I left him.
"We aren't done you know."
"Oh yes we're done."
"Come here."
*Picture head shaking TL*
"I said come here."
I went.
"Are we really done, or are you just upset?"
"Upset."
"Why are you upset?"
"I can't say it."
"Then don't. You are getting all worked up over a phrase you don't want to say."
*long suffering sigh here* "You don't understand I can't say it. I physically cannot do it."
"Then don't."
"Really? But you insisted even after I told you I couldn't."
This conversation didn't really get resolved. I don't know how to explain it better and he doesn't seem to understand. He asked if I wanted to go on with the spanking and I didn't so we let it lie. I don't know that either of us feels really good about this since there wasn't a resolution really. I want to tell him exactly what to do, but there is no exact thing that seems to work and it wouldn't help us with the place we are in. Sometimes it seems like the best thing to do is chalk it up to the monster and let it go. We went on to do normal things and have an okay rest of the weekend. Things seem fine this week for the most part, but he's having a rough week at work. I'm not sure if there will be any resolution to this, but I needed to just get the icky out of my system. Hopefully happier posts to follow.


Honey, you trust him with your life, just trust him with your words.
ReplyDeleteI'm working on it. Things are much better today. We're getting there.
DeleteWe have that. It sucks. The Man has started spanking. One swat, pause, one swat, pause. If I can get over the hump, I do, if I can't then I know he loves me enough to take me there. Sounds strange, unless the Monster visits you.
ReplyDeleteIt does suck, and unless the monster comes to visit you it's hard to understand just how much. I hate that feeling of failure that washes over me every time the monster visits. This time was bad, we've had others that weren't so bad. Hopefully next time will be better. I am at least at a point where I know he will be there waiting when the monster goes away.
DeleteHugs,
TL
I'm sorry that your not having the best week. I know that sometimes when we get in these spells, my H will try to plan an outing for us if the spankings don't set me right.
ReplyDeleteKim
That's a good idea. Sometimes just getting out helps.
DeleteAwww TL,
ReplyDeleteI know how difficult it is when you have something you can't control but it upsets your husband enough to affect him and then it feels unfair to both of you. Try to talk about it away from the situation, when both of you are in a strong place - it helps.
I know it can be terribly humbling to ask for a spanking; and I'm sure it's even harder when your spirits are already so low - you want him to just know what you need and to do it. But try to be brave and ask him the next time you feel you need more - it gets a little easier each time.
((hugs))
Cali
And just to make you smile, thanks to you & Bucko "dammit woman I just wanted to watch some Dr. Who!" has become a catch phrase around my house , lol!
Thank you. Things seem to be better now. We are more in an even place. Hopefully it will stay this way for a while.
DeleteHugs,
TL
It did make us smile. I'm glad someone else enjoys Dr. Who.
Oh honey I'm sorry. I was teary just reading this along with you. I know how alone you can feel in a bathroom, crying. Honestly I've been there. We had this awful fight going on just before I found dd and it's what caused me to need it so much--that episode of exhaustive sobbing in the bathroom.
ReplyDeleteIt will get better. Just take it one day at a time. Hang in there. :) and blog vent anytime you want!
Hugs,
M.
I haven't been back to the bathroom in a while. At least this time it wasn't crying on the floor. It gets better. Thanks for the kind words.
DeleteHugs,
TL
Hey TL
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry this went on at the weekend :( sometimes though I find a spanking is not the answer. Sometimes it's just nicer to have a cuddle, or go for a walk together, or for a nice meal or the pictures, you know just the plain old normal things in life. We put so much emphasis on spankings to solve all our problems. But that's not always the case. If your head is not in he right place beating you backside is not going to sort it out.
Maybe you guys can try having a nice relaxing nd loving weekend next time and not bossy Bucko. Just take it as it comes, play around, be free, do things you both enjoy.
Maybe I'm way of mark here, and I'm sorry If I am. But maybe some of what I say might help you guys.
Hugs x
It's easy to think spanking is the go to solution since it usually is. We found our way around without it this time. Things are settling into a better place. Finding a balance is something we are still working on. Thanks for the advice.
DeleteHugs,
TL
Hey TL,
ReplyDeleteI'm so sorry. I think some of the others have a good idea. Spanking isn't always the answer. Perhaps try and plan some time together to just be with each other and connect in some way.
Also, as Cali said, you could try and explain it to him when you are not 'in it' and are both feeling strong. You might find the words may come easier. I hope things even out soon.
(((Hugs)))
Roz
Often we don't talk about it when we aren't in it, because we don't want to go back to it. (Lots of its.) I think that is a good idea, and something I will bring up with Bucko. We are feeling better and more connected now.
DeleteHugs,
TL
I, too, have done the 'bathroom' thing! But I think some of the others have hit the nail on the head - we obsess that spanking is the answer to everything, and sometimes a hugging session, or getting out together for a walk, a drink, a meal, can be better.
ReplyDeleteStrangely, I have had one or two time recently when S has stopped just before I could get a release on my stress, yet several hours later, hardly able to sit without a cushion, I have realised that indeed he knew just when to stop, without causing me damage. It is a very fine line for them. We have to trust them to know us almost better than we know ourselves.
I hope you have been able to tussle with the Mehness and force it back into the abyss, and that you are now in a happier frame of mind.
Many hugs
Ami
Things are better now. Hopefully they will continue to be for a while. He does know me well, and I just have to trust we will get through this.
DeleteHugs,
TL
Times are tense there. You can't deny the big elephant in the room. The big elephant that you also realize affects Bucko. Okay granted this weekend there may have been a herd in the House of Bucko. The important thing here is he expressed it too.
ReplyDeleteAs for making you ask to continue, he is trying to make you do something that is uncomfortable for you. Perhaps he pushed too soon, but as you pointed out, even you don't know what triggers your emotions. Heck on a 'good' day even *I* don't know what will set me off and I don't have the history you do. Once again, while there was no resolution as you say, you were both able to move on in a way that was more comfortable for you.
Resolution will come. It doesn't always have to be fireworks ( notice I didn't say firecracker) and explosions. Sometimes it is just as slow as the growth of your seed in your pocket.
Do you remember those books from when you were a pre-teen? Choose Your Own Adventure? The books where each reader gets to choose where to go next. Often I think ttwd mirrors that. The men choosing to confront the dragon head on, while the women take the long way around the emotional forest. Inevitably the ending is still the same....so fear not.
Big hugs
willie
It is good that he said something. It forced me to think about it from his point of view. I don't often think about what my episodes do to him, because I'm so wrapped up in my own mental state.
DeleteThings are settling here, without the firecracker thankfully. I feel more comfortable and secure. He is calmer and less frustrated. It seemed to happen naturally without us forcing it. There isn't any lingering upset, which is is a good thing.
I often want to be the princess in the tower and just wait for someone to rescue me, but it doesn't work that way. I guess I have to be willing to help fight the dragon too. We'll get there.
Hugs,
TL
I can't add anything to what's already been said. Hang in there...
ReplyDelete(((((Big hugs)))))
Aww, we have all been there at some point. I hope you will be feeling better and closer soon. Maybe do what the others suggested and have some snuggle time. Can you rent a movie, have some popcorn and just be cuddly? Then maybe some kisses and more snuggles? Whatever you do, I hope it goes better this weekend.
ReplyDeletemuch hugs
sara