Sir and I go way back. We have a very interesting relationship.
I was raised in the south. Sir was just part of the vocabulary. It was a sign of respect used for just about everyone; my peers, the man behind the counter at McDonalds, my boss, and even my students got the Sir treatment.
Then TTWD came into play, and that's where it got awkward. When Bucko was first, for lack of a better term, asserting his dominance in our relationship it started by insisting on Sir. The problem with it was he was insisting on it ALL the time. It was just too much. I couldn't quite wrap my head around, "Will you get me a soda, please Sir." It felt forced and strange. It wasn't making me feel submissive. In fact, when I would forget to say it after a simple sentence or request and he'd smack or stare I'd get angry. It just wasn't working, so we scrapped the Sir rule.
The nature of Sir changed. I have trouble asking for what I want, especially in the bedroom. Sir became the high sign for saddle up Cowboy I am ready for a rodeo. That seemed to work pretty well for a while, and as long as everything that followed Sir went according to plan life was good. It wasn't always working, but it was better.
Lately, my relationship with Sir has changed yet again. As Bucko has found his natural confidence with leadership and become more comfortable in his role, so have I. I have come to respect him more as a leader and Sir has become more natural. We are not back to after every sentence military style, but when he asks me to do something directly I can say yes Sir. When I'm over his knee Sir comes very naturally. Self preservation at work here? You decide. At any rate, Sir is back.
Bucko and I listen to NPR. We're very open about our nerddom and NPR quiz shows are one of our favorite weekend pastimes. One of our favorites is Ask me Another. This show has games that are often done with musical questions. One of them involved TV theme songs or what they should have been. They were using I Dream of Jeannie and the song lyric went something like, "Jeannie she calls her boyfriend master..."
Bucko looked at me and we both giggled. Well he chuckled. Bucko says real men don't giggle. He had a mischievous gleam in his eye.
"You know that's kind of hot. Maybe we should do that."
"Easy Bucko, let's not get carried away."
"I'm just saying..."
He was kidding... I think? (Hope!) At any rate we are sticking with Sir here, but I think a monster has been created. Bucko Frankenstein ... It's ALIVE!
Can I just say, Bucko you are fantastic...*wink*
ReplyDeleteAnd what am I chopped liver?
DeleteOH you get all kinds of special attention when he's at work and you KNOW it! Besides I think he like me more than you do.
DeleteI'd be willing to fight with Bucko over you, so don't be so sure about that. ;)
DeleteHey TL,
ReplyDeleteI used to call Rick Sir when he asked me to do something and during a lecture or spanking etc. We have now introduced Daddy and baby girl and if I use Sir now he usually corrects me. For us these are just terms that help keep us focussed on our roles. We haven't introduced DD/bg into our dynamic as such.
LoL at Bucko ... um ... I confess, we've actually used that too ... in play *blush*
Hugs,
Roz
It was kind of cute to see how excited he was about it. We will see where it goes. His vacation is coming up. Sir felt awkward at first, but now it's more natural. I guess it's just part of the ever changing nature of TTWD.
DeleteHugs,
TL
"Master of his Domain" as in Seinfeld. lol
ReplyDeleteI was thinking Master of the Universe like He-Man, but that works too. LOL
DeleteSorry I have been MIA. That is so great to see how your dynamic changes as you both grow into your rolls. :) It's also great that you can make changes as you grow into those rolls. Bucko Frankenstein... that could be scary. ;)
ReplyDeleteWelcome back. It is a little scary! :D
DeleteI love this.....I also loved the Jeannie show...although at the time I thought having a Master was silly...funny how things evolve!
ReplyDeletehugs abby
It is strange think about how things change. If you would have told me 10 years ago I'd be where I am now, I probably would have laughed.
DeleteHugs,
TL
I can see how it would feel forced it was attached to every little thing. It's cool how things change as you go along and you find yourselves arriving at a new happy medium:)
ReplyDeleteIt's interesting how things seem to evolve on their own without you having to do much.
DeleteIt's much easier to do things when we want to rather that being forced. I'm glad you've gotten into a place where you say it because you want to ;)
ReplyDeleteCallie
Me too. Seems to be working now. :D
DeleteHey TL
ReplyDeleteSorry I had to laugh at this post. We've gone through the "Sir" and the "Master" a couple I times lol it just doesn't work round here. On the rare occasion where I said Sir he said we're not in the army and well Master, we do use that, but ehem only in bed * wink wink*
You should go with what feels right and natural.
Btw I loved I dream of Jeanie, hence my blog name lol
It's funny when we tried to use the terms it didn't work, now that we aren't trying it works. I guess we'll see where it goes from here. I liked Bewitched better, but Jeannie was cool. Nick at Nite was fun to watch.
Delete