As most of you know I had, as of a few days ago, pulled this blog to private. You all also know why I made that decision. If this firestorm of nonsense continues, I will not hesitate to do it again. As of now all of my old posts have been reverted to drafts, and I'm not sure when I'll be writing more. For now, here I am and there is no need to talk about that other mess. Emily deserves better than that.
She is the reason I am coming out of the shadows. I am emerging to give support to a dear friend and her little girl, because right now that is the thing that really matters, and this is what we do. Friends support each other through the hard times. This amazing woman has stopped in the midst of dealing with unimaginable pain to check on me, because that is the kind of person she is, and that is the kind of person I want to be.
To Christina and Jim, I say God bless you. I admire your strength and can't imagine what you must be going through. My thoughts and prayers are with you. I know that you will stay strong and do what is best for your children, because that is what you do. We all love you and continue to hope and worry alongside you.
To little Emily, I say get well soon sweet girl. We are all here praying and pulling for you. I know you don't realize it, but you are in the hearts and on the minds of people around the world. I can only hope it helps some.

Well said. Let us give the bullies no more power. This community is about support and friendship. In a perfect world we wouldn't need it. Thankfully our blog world is as close to perfect as it can get! It is only when the ignorant peek in that we feel a cold wind.
ReplyDeleteJim and Christina are pillars in our community. Though they don't demand it, they receive our respect. The fact that they are having such a difficult time right now is hard for us to grasp. But our focus is and will remain on them.
I too admire your bravery and your dedication to your friends above yourself TL.
love,
willie
Saw your comment come into my email, and had to write back during my break, and not later, because I just love what you have done. Thank you for being so brave, I know it wasn't easy. You are a real inspiration to us. Our community coming together like this to help Jim and Christina, even amount all the hurt and possibly fear, is just beautiful. {{{HUGS}}} TL, I am so proud of you for stepping out like this. Jim and Christina are very blessed in your friendship. :)
ReplyDelete{{{HUGS}}} EsMay
Kudos to you and of course to Christina. Love, hugs, prayers and friendship are offered to you both.
ReplyDeleteIt's so wonderful you put this up for Emily, Christina, and Jim. I have not had the pleasure of knowing them, but I am in such awe at the love and support surrounding them right now. It's one of the most touching things. I'm glad you stepped out to share your love.
ReplyDeleteHugs,
Marie
It's a tough decision no matter how you look at it and i think you're doing the right thing by taking it one day at a time.
ReplyDeleteHugs to Emily!
M.
I have begun going through some of my posts and reverting some back to drafts. Any that I share too much info on or more importantly have a link to another blogger. I have never received any hate mail in the 10 months I have been blogging. : ) I am not that popular. I can't imagine what you are going through.
ReplyDeleteWe have to do what we must to protect ourselves and at the same time band together as a community as we always do to support and protect each other.
What is happening to Emily, makes all of these outsiders petty and insignificant.
Stay strong! We are here for you, always.
Hugs and love,
Blue Bird
I'm proud of you TL
ReplyDeleteLike you said, this is what we do - and what you & others are doing is a sweet picture of what this community is all about.
You are a such beautiful person with a beautiful heart.
((hugs))
Cali
What an amazing friend you are, for putting your friends before yourself. You're awesome! (I agree with the previous comments :)
ReplyDeleteJim and Christi are pretty amazing too. What a relief to hear a bit of good news about Emily.
Glad you're 'back'
Hugs
Being gone and with spotty internet I don't know everything about everything. I'm praying for Emily and for you guys too. Emily's needs may be more immediate but you are my friend too and I worry, especially not knowing everything. I'm here if you need me.
ReplyDeletePK
Hi TL,
ReplyDeleteI applaud you for putting your friends first and posting this. Your words are so lovely and you are right, our focus should be on Emily right now. Continuing to send love, positive, healing thoughts and prayers to Jim, Christina and little Emily. I am so glad and relieved to hear she is improving.
Hugs,
Roz
Good for you - you're so right, the focus should be on Emily and praying for her and her family. Positive thoughts go a long way, and the community of bloggers is really coming together as a whole o provide that. Great post.
ReplyDelete