These aren't major changes or even anything that I haven't asked for, yet sometimes his new found confidence and leadership still catches me off guard. I'm not sure I will ever get used to seeing that HOH look in Bucko's eyes. I must admit I'm not sure I want to. It's really hot. His blue eyes just seem to burn right through me and heat up a few other things in the process... Ahem. Moving on...
(Go Ahead take a water break... I need one too)
Now that we have that out of the way, back to the topic at hand. Something we have done since we started DD is the concept of having a job. Usually this is a task I need to complete before the day is over. This helps me to feel focused and like I've accomplished something for the day. It keeps me from running around trying to accomplish everything and really accomplishing nothing. Most of these are chores I do while Bucko is at work. Woe to the Buckette that doesn't have her job done when Bucko gets home. Sometimes these border on submission exercises. Almost always they are done when Bucko isn't around. Until last weekend.
Bucko and I grocery shop together every weekend. Apparently I can't be trusted to go by myself and not overspend. Hey, I needed those cookies. Don't judge me! We arrived at the grocery store, Bucko opened my door and led me to the door. As we were getting the cart, I passed it to him since Bucko likes to drive. He passed it back to me and as I took it he leaned over and in that HOH-y voice (Have I mentioned how sexy that voice is?) whispered to me, "Keep your hands on the cart. You don't get to reach for anything. Got it?"
Huh? What?
Hands on the cart. Understood
Umm yes dear?
Close enough since we are in public. (Holy crow where did that come from?)
So our journey through the store began. Out of habit I started to reach for the produce we needed. Well, Bucko didn't approve and he SWATTED me! In public! At the grocery store! In the middle of the produce section! I was shocked to say the least. When I turned to
Well color me mortified. After that first swat I vowed to make it through the rest of the grocery trip with my hands on the cart. This was no small feat, and I managed to get at least three more swats before the end of the trip. Really, I couldn't help it. It was the hardest grocery trip ever.
After our trip I tried to figure out what in the world had inspired Bucko to do this. In my new found DD wisdom I decided to get my answer from the horse's mouth. (See how much I'm learning; totally resisted making a comment about the other end of the horse.)
So what inspired that today? (I had my theory, but we'll get there in a minute)
It seemed like a good idea at the time. Problem with that?
Not at all, just curious. I thought it was some kind of neat communication exercise thing. You know having to tell you what I wanted and needed. It was a good idea.
I just figured it would keep you from spending too much money, but I like what you said better. We'll go with that.
Wow. Okay Bucko... whatever you say.
Maybe I over thought the exercise, but it served its purpose all the same. I may never look at a grocery cart the same way again.
I am the saver when it comes to the store. Dh is the over spender that is usually why I go by myself!
ReplyDeleteI really enjoyed this blog thanks for making both of us laugh!
Bucko is definitely saver in our family. I'm totally a spender. It has gotten me in trouble a lot lately. I'm glad you enjoyed the blog. :)
ReplyDeleteOooh! That sounded totally intriguing. I don't know if I want my Gadget to have that idea or not; it could be good and bad at the same time. How natural for us females to find deeper meaning that what our Hoh's actually intend.
ReplyDeleteI think as long as I'm reading something positive into it, I'll just go along. It was an interesting experience and definitely a challenge. Thanks for reading.
DeleteSwats in the grocery store - yup, Bucko is certainly getting comfy with that HoH hat. Over-thinking are ya TL? Sounds like you've been hanging around Willie too much. LOL
ReplyDeleteBlessings,
Cat
I think I saw him shopping online for the matching shoes, and he did mention wanting a belt for Christmas. I feel like I should be a little concerned here. Yep, Willie is a bad influence. It's all her fault. ;)
DeleteHugs,
TL
HEY!
DeleteYou can blame me next time Barney gets all uppity. Love you Willie.
Deleteloved this blog..and oh my gosh, that would of been so hard to keep hands on the trolley! I feel for you on that one!
ReplyDeleteIt was harder than I imagined it would be. Welcome and thanks for reading!
DeleteI loved this story :) I'm like HisCSW though.... I'm the saver..... if I take him, I end up with litres and litres of Coke and snacks and chocolate coated cookies.
ReplyDeleteThanks, Callie. I'm usually the impulse buyer in our family. Now if I have to run to the store for something midweek Bucko asks for a receipt. It's like living with a tax collector, only he collects painfully!
DeleteOhhhhhh that does sound hot *blush*
ReplyDeleteWillie
I know, right? Do you need another water break, Willie?
Deleteloved this blog! Laughed the whole time I read it.
DeleteSwats in public.....Yikes! Maybe I won't let my H read this one! lol
Love reading your blogs T, keep up the good work.
Thanks, Shannon. I'm glad you enjoyed it. I understand. I wouldn't want Bucko to become a bad influence on him. ;)
DeleteGreat story! We've had our own versions of the 'do what I say at the grocery store'. I think anything that can strengthen the structure of the relationship--especially when its new--is great. It is often the little things that affirms and reminds us of our DD/D/s commitments :o)
ReplyDeleteWelcome! Thank you for reading and the compliment. I'm glad you enjoyed the story. I'd love to hear about what some other HOH's have tried in this regard.
DeleteOh my gosh! I was sort of smiling reading this. One, things have really started to get all HOH-ish up in here right? It's happening at my house too and OH how many times I have been swatted in public too!
ReplyDeleteLOL
I am usually mortified! I tell Him ALL the time "NOT in the store!" I told him that they camera geeks probably go back through store footage during the day and laugh at us... He said "Nah, they enjoy it" and swats me more...
Sounds like you guys had fun shopping.... :)
I think Bucko would probably think they enjoy it too. Thanks for stopping by Emi!
DeleteWhat will they think of next???
ReplyDeleteI read this to my guy while we were driving and he gave me a big grin and said, "I like this Bucko guy."
Men.
Apparently there is another idea coming. Don't encourage him. That's all Bucko needs is a big head. LOL.
ReplyDeleteDamn girl - who knew it could be such a learning process in a supermarket?
ReplyDeleteYour Bucko knows.............no turning back now!!
10 more pageviews and I might be out of this mess. Keep them coming ladies!
DeleteThis rule should be tossed!!! OH WAIT IT IS!!!!!!!!!!!! Whoooooooooooo hoooooooooo!!!
ReplyDeleteLove ya ! Willie!