Thursday, December 20, 2012

That Awkward Moment When

I have spoken a great deal about the differences in Bucko since we started TTWD.  I realized that as of late I haven't talked much about the changes I've seen in me or my behavior.  I think I wasn't noticing them.  I felt almost as though I had done my part by bringing up DD.  It seemed as though now most of the responsibility for differences in our marriage fell to Bucko.  I don't really think this is true, I think I simply wasn't paying attention to the differences in myself.  It's kind of like when you go on a diet and everyone is telling you how great you look and how much you've lost, but you still feel fat.  

Tonight I was hit over the head by how much things have changed.  I forgot to lock the door when I came home.  I was carrying things in and just got distracted.  I noticed about five minutes later that the door was unlocked.  This is a big rule for Bucko.  He is very serious when it comes to my safety and doesn't want me in the house alone with the door unlocked.  Three months ago, I would have looked at the unlocked door, thought hmm wonder what he'll do, and gone about my business.  Tonight the inner monologue went more like this.

I forgot to lock the door.  Crap!  Lock it quick, before Bucko gets home.  He'll have a cow if you left the door unlocked again.  

I am not scared of my husband by any means, but I am now very aware that when he says something he means it.  I am more understanding of the reasons behind his rules, and I no longer wonder what he'll do.  I know.  

A few months ago, I would get most of my jobs done.  I wouldn't worry if I didn't finish.  I would tell Bucko I didn't get around to it, and hope for the best.  TTWD was like a box of chocolates I didn't know what I was going to get.  Now TTWD is like the sun rising in the east.  It's predicable and just is.  And I like that way.  I have a new found respect for the wonderful caring man my husband is.  

While I enjoy our playful spankings, and teasing I hate to disappoint him.  Getting a punishment spanking is sad, tragic, and I don't like the feeling I get afterward.  I no longer feel satisfied that he followed through, I am disappointed that I forced his hand and he had to.

I think little Bucko and TL are growing up.   

21 comments:

  1. Awww TL - I am so proud of you. You are doing a wonderful job of 'growing up' in TTWD. You go girl! Congrats to Bucko also for stepping up and fitting on that HoH hat.

    Blessings,
    Cat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Cat. We are trying. I just hope his head doesn't get too big for the hat.

    Hugs,
    TL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately TL, those HoH hats just seem to grow as their heads to. LOL

      Delete
    2. Do they shrink if you put them in the dryer?

      Delete
    3. Nope...and believe me, I have tried! LOL

      Delete
    4. Dang. I thought that was a good plan. Next blog post hiding the HOH hat...

      Delete
  3. Good for you guys!! Your post hits home a bit for me,

    I was hurrying home the other day because I forgot my cell phone, then I realized I lost it in the house somewhere AND the battery had died... I frantically looked for it because I knew how disappointed "H" would be that I let it get low enough to turn off, and I misplaced it yet again...

    I feel the same way - I love the playful aspect, but I hate letting him down and myself as well.

    Growing up and growing in your relationship! :) It's a win win.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the support, Emi. It's always good to know I'm not the only one. Hope things are going well for you and your H.

      Delete
  4. I no longer feel satisfied that he followed through, I am disappointed that I forced his hand and he had to.


    That is pretty powerful stuff!

    Happy for you :)

    Willie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Willie. Merry Christmas to you and Barney. I hope things are going well for both of you. Not that I'm cheering him on or anything. ;)

      Delete
  5. wow....***LIGHT BULB*** Thank you so much for helping me to see this. I think I was also relying on my H to do all of the adjusting to this new life.
    I have realized how much this has helped us...before, I would have argued with him until I was blue in the face....not anymore!!!I know "the look" and believe me...I shut up!
    Thanks for the great blog, you've helped me more then you could know.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. That is wonderful to hear. I'm honored and thrilled that I could help. Merry Christmas to you and your H.

      Delete
    2. ; )

      Signed, Brute.

      Delete
    3. Welcome Brute! Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  6. I have only had one punishment spanking, and I have never forgotten it. I even wrote Will a three page letter about it, afterward, because I felt so terrible about forcing his hand, as you said. I broke a very serious part of our creed, and it hurt not only our marriage, but deeply hurt Will.

    It's not about the spanking, ultimately, is it?

    Love what you said here. It spoke to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so happy that my ramblings spoke to you and you stopped by to say so. Thank you! For me spanking is only one small part of a much larger thing that goes on in our marriage. I love the closeness and trust that exists between Bucko and me now. Merry Christmas to you and Will.

      Delete
  7. Yep! I really think we downplay our own growth b/c we have such high expectations for ourselves. We barely see it until our guys point it out to us. It's really healthy to notice it and hold onto that little smile inside.

    Wishing both of you a wonderful Christmas TL. I hope you make some very sweet memories together without too many "hands on the..." moments.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you Susie. Merry Christmas to you too. Though I must admit I wouldn't mind one or two hands on the... moments. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks TL. that post really resonated with the H and I. I even read it to him :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad to hear that. Merry Christmas, Callie.

      Delete
  10. Going through your blog history and found this. Thanks. I'm looking forward to the day my attitude could change that much.

    ReplyDelete