Tuesday, February 12, 2013

10,000 Pageviews and a lot of Spankings

I knew this day was coming.  I have been seeing the page view counter go up and up the last few days, and today it reached that magic number, 10,000.  That amazes me.  I find it hard to believe that so many people have come to take a peek at my random musings.  I know at least 100 probably belong to Willie, who helped me get rid of the "hands on the cart" rule, but I'll take it anyway.  I want to thank you all for sharing in my journey.  The love and support I have gotten here has helped me through some rough patches.  Bucko has gotten a big head from the wonderful comments about him, but we both appreciate it.  You guys have done wonders for his confidence and mine. Even if you aren't commenting or following, and I'd love it if you did, you are a welcome addition to my little world.

You all know I have been in a rough place lately.  Things are getting better.  I'm not all the way there yet, but there are moments of peace and they seem to be lasting longer than the moments of darkness the last few days.  (Knock on wood, or whatever I am supposed to do to keep from jinxing myself.)  One of the things that has helped, other than being able to rant to all of you, has been the ability to reconnect with my husband. 

 Has anyone else ever noticed that the moment DD isn't at the forefront a fear kicks in that says it's going away?  The strange thing is it didn't really go away for us.  Life was hectic and there weren't enough hours in the day for the maintenance I require.  I guess you could say I'm high maintenance. Looking back I now see that just because Bucko wasn't spanking, doesn't mean he wasn't leading.  We were both doing what needed to be done.  He wasn't enforcing rules, because I wasn't breaking them.  I was just so discombobulated and out of sorts I needed to connect with him, and there wasn't time for that.  Damn, that mustard seed went and wandered off again.

Like I mentioned in a previous post, Saturday was filled with fun reconnection spankings.  Sunday included a few more, and a few other failed attempts.  Again I was able after a time to go back to Bucko.  It seems to be getting easier.  The feeling of failure doesn't last as long, but I still want to feel like a success in this regard.  Come Monday I was feeling more secure in his role and mine, but I wasn't entirely convinced that the work week wouldn't bring more of the same life stuff and disconnecting that we'd faced in the previous weeks.  

Bucko came home a little later than his usual time Monday evening.  (Strike One)  I had dinner ready when he came home and we watched some TV.  My back was hurting and I was in a bit of pain. (Strike Two) Bucko being the sweet guy that he is gave me a nice long massage.  I got excited thinking maybe he would do reconnection then, but it was not to be.  He said first I had to do my therapy homework.  I hate therapy homework.  I know it is needed, but I it's not something I want to do and I didn't want to in that moment.  Bucko didn't seem to think "I don't wanna," was a good enough reason and he left the room.  I did my homework.  By the time I finished it was late and I figured it was off to bed.

It was, but not before I ended up over Bucko's knee.  Again another light hand spanking.  It wasn't terribly hard, but it was enough to make me feel connected to my husband and to know that things weren't backsliding.  Nothing else came of our reconnection time.  We didn't get to dance our dance, but I went to sleep feeling more at ease than I have felt in a long time.   Bucko called earlier to say he was getting out of work on time tonight.  Here's hoping. :)
  

20 comments:

  1. Oh sure make me look like a looser with no life...fine....- facts are facts.

    Happy dance..okay, chair dance. It is nice to hear that you and SpankHappy are getting to a better place :-)

    Love
    Willie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never said loser, Missy! I said awesome friend who helped get rid of a demon rule! Thanks for the views and the rule. You rule.

      Love,
      TL

      Delete
  2. Congratulations on 10,000 site visits TL.

    Callie

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad to hear your feeling better.
    Finding peace through reconnection takes all sorts of forms. Glad last night worked for you.
    Maybe tonight will be the other kind. ;)
    Hugs, Catrinka

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi TL! It is so good to hear you are in a better place:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wonder sometimes if our HoH realize just how desperate we are for assurance, that we need a daily reconnect reminder that we need their leadership daily. Like us they are not sure in their role and it helps mine when I thank him for stepping up or encourage him. For example when we have a great DD day the next day I will text or email him and say something like yesterday really helped me, or I very happy with how you are leading me, I think we are headed in the right direction. Just my 2 cents.,,,,,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bucko likes encouragement so I try to give it often. I'm pleased with the results every time I do.

      Delete
  6. Congrats on the views TL! I'm so glad to hear you are feeling better and that things seem to be going well with you and Bucko.

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Roz. It's pretty exciting. Things are going well now. I hope it stays that way for a while.

      Delete
  7. You are moving forward T and each step you take is progress...more moments of peace...step...less moments of darkness...step...failed attempt but going back to Bucko...step, step...See the progress!

    You and Bucko are doing great...learning and growing. So very proud of both of you.

    Blessings,
    Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Cat. Sometimes it's hard to see the progress when you are in the middle of it. I appreciate you pointing it out.

      Lots of love,
      TL

      Delete
  8. TL,
    Congratulations on your 10,000 views! I am one of the people who check in with you and Bucko because, well, you're awesome!

    I enjoyed this post, just love hearing that you two are doing well in spite of the stresses life brings.

    Elisa Xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well thank you. That's always nice to hear. We appreciate you checking in and Bucko just loves to hear he's awesome. LOL

      Hugs,
      TL

      Delete
  9. Could agree with you more TL. Sometimes it feels like it's going away or the dynamic is shifting but that's where they are called to lead. There are times when then do things differently b/c they know we need something different. Bucko knew what you needed last night but also knew that you could handle it.

    It's all pretty great. During this hard time he's right there watching and waiting and stepping in where he thinks is best.

    My guy gets pretty tickled when people say nice things about him too. It does build their confidence and it should!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's pretty fantastic. I'm glad he gets to hear it from someone other than me. Thanks for stopping by, Susie.

      Delete
  10. Congrats on 10,000 visits!! I LOVE your blog.

    ReplyDelete