Thursday, February 7, 2013

That Ain't Nothing

I haven't said much lately.  I could say I've been tired and stressed with work and a million things, which is true, but I don't think that's the reason.  I haven't said much lately, because I haven't had much to say.  Or maybe, I had tons to say, but I just couldn't find the words.

For those of you who are wondering... I am in a.. I won't say better, maybe lighter (?) place than I was.  I think I'm still in the hole, but I can see something outside the hole.  I'm not sure what that something is, but I know there is more than just the hole.  That ain't nothing.

As I sit here tonight listening to the sound of the rain on the window I find that for a change I am not drowning inside my own head.  I'm not happy, I'm not sad, I just am.  It seems like it's been a while, but at the moment I can just breathe. For now that's progress and that ain't nothing.

Right now I'm enjoying the quiet.  I don't know about you, but sometimes in my world the loudest place to be is in my own head.  The thoughts come and go with such frequency and so often it feels like there are a million voices going all at once.  I tend to get bogged down in all those thoughts, especially the not so nice ones.  The ones that tell me I'm not good enough, or are too screwed up to fix seem to scream the loudest, and the more I try to stop those thoughts the more they come.  Tonight it's just quiet.  That ain't nothing.

I'm not one to think of my own needs first.  I'm a doer.  I get things done and most often I do things for others.  You know when I really stop and think about it, I have to consider why I do the things I do.  I love doing things for others, don't get me wrong, but sometimes I wonder if I do the things I do to prove my worth to other people.  When I do something and I don't get the thanks I was hoping for I feel sad and disappointed rather than happy that I've made others happy.  I seem to rely on others to make me feel like I'm worth something.  I've spent my whole life hearing it's not all about you, and living that ideal.  Maybe once in a while it could be about me. 

This blog is probably the one place where I get to be entirely myself.  Internet anonymity and a receptive audience have given me the freedom to just be.  I can say what I need to say without worrying about how it will come out.  I don't have to over analyze every word that comes out of my mouth to make sure that I'm still going to be the good girl when it's all said and done.  Maybe I don't have to be all the time.  Maybe it's not the end of the world if I'm not perfect and don't have it all together for a few minutes.  So tonight, I left the work at school, watched some TV, and shared a few thoughts on my blog.  Tonight was, for at least a few hours, about me just getting to let it be.  That ain't nothing.     

20 comments:

  1. Nope, babe... sometimes it's EVERYTHING!!! It's called peace. Bask in it, roll in it... and I am so proud of you!! You go girl. Victory is simply standing up one more time...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure I'm ready to bask, but it's a nice moment. I hope you find some peace of your own.

      Delete
  2. Sounds to me like it ain't nothin', it's SOMETHING!
    I know that black hole. Once upon a time it nearly swallowed me whole! Sometimes I can still feel the draw of it's depths and emptiness. It's NO place to be.
    So glad you're seeing little glimmers of something. Sometimes, that's the place it all begins.
    Enjoy this time of peace! I hope it's a beginning to something more, something that shines and offers warmth and safety.
    Hugs and blessings to you doll!
    Catrinka

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so too. Thank you for the hugs and support.

      Hugs,
      TL

      Delete
  3. Hey T - If the world would end if I wasn't perfect...goodbye world. Dana said it beautifully...absorb that peace. You've been through a lot recently so just take it slow and breathe.

    I think you really hit on something when you said "...sometimes I wonder if I do the things I do to prove my worth to other people." You have said words to this effect in several posts. Sweetie...this is something you definitely need to work on. You do not need to 'prove' your worth to anyone...if they can't see your worth, that's their loss. You are Bucko's treasured wife, a valued member of this community and a beloved member of the network, just to name a few. Remember what I said...if you doubt your value, you're doubting Bucko's judgement and choice...he chose YOU!!

    I am going to suggest that since you are a doer, you add yourself to that to-do list of yours. I know it's hard but you need to see and value yourself. Pick one thing this week that you are going to do...just for you. Don't allow yourself to get too busy and push it to the bottom of the list.

    I know you and Bucko can work this out and I pray that soon you see yourself the way that Bucko and the rest of us do...an awesome and valued lady.

    Hugs and Blessings,
    Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Cat. It's a work in progress, but I am trying. I appreciate all of your kind words and warm hugs you've sent my way. They really make my day.

      Lots of hugs,
      TL

      Delete
  4. Hi Hun
    I have to agree with the others. It isn't nothing. It's a good thing. It's a start. Everything needs a start, and your finding yours.
    Just reach for that light t the end of the hole, grasp it with both hands and pull yourself out.
    Maybe you're seeing things as they are now, you are doing too much for others and relying on them to make you feel better.
    Maybe it's now time to stop and put yourself first. Do nice things for YOU and then make yourself feel better. For now it's a step towards coming out of your hole. Baby steps Hun x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome Missy. Thank you so much for reading and stopping by to say kind words. It means a lot to me.

      Delete
  5. I'm happy you are feeling better about yourself PK. Sometimes we rush around so much we don't get time to stand and think. Really think!

    My worst time for thoughts churning around inside my head is when I wake up around two in the morning (which is a regular occurrence). It's so hard to turn them off isn't it? I don't have much advice, except to try to turn the thoughts to pleasant and relaxing scenarios, and even that doesn't always help. I like walking out in the fresh air and breathing in deep breaths. And digging in the vegetable patch! Hard work and sweat is good!

    When I do things for other folks these days I just ask them to 'pass the kindness on'. That makes us both feel good and lightens the atmosphere.

    I do hope you continue to feel more peaceful within yourselt PK.

    Many hugs and blessing to you!

    Ami

    ReplyDelete
  6. Life can get a little hectic sometimes, it's nice to hear you're enjoying a moment of peace. I'll include you in my prayers and keep a good thought for you to enjoy many more peaceful times into the future :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are so right TL, that aint nothing. I'm so glad to hear you have starting to see something and the loudness is turning to quiet. Enjoy the peace. You're right too - sometimes it should be about you.

    ((Hugs))
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Roz. I haven't had a chance to make it over to your blog yet, but happy blogiversary.

      Delete
  8. Let it all just be :) When we let things just be what they are, we tend to put more focus on the positives. In the end it works out for the best eventually.

    Callie

    ReplyDelete
  9. They are right...it's something big TL. It's the hint of fresh air, the moment when the sun comes out even if it's for a minute.

    I'm so glad you feel like you can just be "you" here. It's a freeing feeling...I know it.

    Keep talking at us...whenever you feel like it. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Susie. I appreciate it. It is nice to feel more relaxed for a change.

      Hugs,
      TL

      Delete
  10. I agree that "ain't nothing" is great! The quiet, and the time to reflect without the negative thoughts is a great place to be. :) And I find that the time where I'm neither happy not sad is not near as long as I imagined it could be, and hope the same for you. I'm so glad you're seeing something at the end of the hole, even if you can't make out yet what that something is. {{{HUGS}}} Thank you for sharing, and for knowing that you can share with us, that you don't have to be perfect or anywhere near close for us to love you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I appreciate it Es May. Thank you for your continued support and kind words. All of the wonderful people in this community have helped me through this difficult time.

      Hugs,
      TL

      Delete