"Why didn't she smile at me? Is she mad at me? Did I do something wrong?" These are my inner thoughts even with my best friends. Besides the anxiety and worry this causes me; I find myself working to the point of exhaustion, because I'm afraid someone won't like me if I use the dreaded 'n' word. (No.) So I put on my big smile and pretend. No worries. I got this.
Now Bucko is one of the most steadfast and loyal men in the world and I'm more grateful than I could ever say to have him. This is a man who has known me for well over half my life. If there is a flaw, and Lord knows there are many, he has seen them. He tells me all the time how great I am and how lucky he thinks he is to have married me, yet I still doubt. Even though I know he's working if he doesn't answer the phone I panic. I wonder when he'll realize what everyone else in my life has and leave too. It's stressful.
When I first started exploring DD, I was terrified of showing it to him. I would hide what I was looking at on the computer so he wouldn't see and think I was weird. What if this was the straw that broke the camel's back and he left. I was afraid that this thing would push him away and I would be shattered beyond repair. It wasn't like that at all.
In fact when I told him my fears he was quite upset. Upset at my lack of faith in him. It tore him apart to think I doubted his love for me. So much so that it became a rule. Not that I'm not allowed to have doubts, because let's face it that's an unrealistic expectation at best, but that I need to trust him. Trust him with my thoughts and fears. Trust that there is nothing that is so awful our love can't overcome it.
So there it was, our first rule, and my first spanking. It wasn't a punishment, but more an exercise letting go and keeping the faith. He could do this, and would do it for me. I didn't have to worry so much all the time. I could let go and he would be there to catch me. After that first spanking, which wasn't perfect by any means, but it was a start, he held me. I cried. (I hate crying, especially in front of people.) But in those moments, I felt safer than I could ever remember feeling. It was going to be okay.
Keeping the faith has been hard. It's still a work in progress, but I find it happening more often than it did before. My inner voice that is filled with doubt doesn't control me anymore. I'm learning to pick up my little mustard seed, dust it off, put it in my pocket, and try to keep the faith.
I know exactly how you feel. I was terrified The Man would think I was STRANGE.. It took me like 18 months to come clean and share this with him. It's nice to see a newbie on blogland like me..
ReplyDeleteDana
Thanks Dana! I love reading your about your journey and I'm glad you are sharing in mine. I am really overwhelmed by how positive and supportive everyone has been.
ReplyDeleteNice post TL. It is such a huge leap of faith we take when we bring this to our guys. When I look back sometimes, I still can't believe I had the guts to do it, and I can't believe he didn't run for the door!
ReplyDeleteI still have doubt sometimes; like is he doing this for me or does he really believe in this. The faith grows stronger as we move forward but every so often, the doubt creeps back in. It is most certainly a journey :)
Michele
I am glad I took the leap, and I'm glad there are so many others here who did as well to share in this journey with me. I'm so grateful for the thoughts and encouraging words of everyone who has commented on my blog. I was so unsure as I posted it, but the mustard seed and I are hanging in there. I'm glad you are too!
ReplyDeleteHi TL - I am a very physical and visual person so sometimes when I'm having trouble, being able to see and feel something, helps. You might want to consider getting an actual mustard seed necklace that would give you something to grab on to when you doubt. Below is a link to one that a friend of mine just bought but you can google mustard seed necklaces and find all kinds.
ReplyDeletehttp://www.victoriantradingco.com/store/catalogimages/1a/i21998.html
Good luck in your journey.
Blessings,
Cat
That's a great suggestion. Thank you again for your positive comments. They are so appreciated.
DeleteI took the lead about a year ago (exactly a year on Thanksgiving actually) and it's been good so far for us.
ReplyDeleteOh, I found your blog on the ldd forum by the way. Welcome to blogging!
Thank you so much! I'm glad things are going well for you.
ReplyDeleteWe just started this a month ago as well. Such an interesting journey. I found it creates LOTS of inner reflection.
ReplyDeleteWe have noticed a big change. One that we are both enjoying so much. I hope you do too.
Best of luck Willie
I'm not sure what happened to my post, so if you get this twice my apologizes.
ReplyDeleteI had said that we just started ttwd a month ago. I found it has caused me to have a LOT of self reflection. The growth and betterment in our relationship is evident already.
I wish you all the success in your journey together.
Willie
Can't hurt to get good information twice. Thanks for reading and sharing. I wish you luck on your journey as well.
ReplyDelete