Monday, November 26, 2012

Missing Him Already

I used to love going out of town.  Conferences, vacations, girl's weekends, anything to get away for a little while.  Many times these trips involved leaving Bucko behind, and I was okay with it.  As I sit here tonight blogging (read avoiding packing) and preparing for an overnight trip, I find myself missing Bucko already.

I will be gone all day and night tomorrow returning on Wednesday evening.  It seems like such a short time, but already I long for home and the safety of Bucko's arms.  To those of you ladies who frequently go without seeing your man, I admire you.  You are stronger women than I.  I am truly blessed to have a husband who is home for dinner every night and always around when I need him.  Since we have started TTWD I find I need him more than I have before.  Am I weaker or do we just have a stronger marriage?  I like to believe the latter.  I have always been independent, but now I want to be with Bucko.  

I think part of the trouble here is worry.  What will happen in those two days without each other?  Will we lose the connection we've worked so hard to establish?  Will we backslide in our DD relationship to the way things were before?  Will he run off with some hot Hooters girl while I'm away? (Kidding, Bucko would never do that.  He's more a butt man anyway.)  How will we sleep without being tangled in each others' arms?  Will he miss me?  Will he be annoyed if I text and call every hour on the hour?  These are the thoughts running through my head.

Tonight will bring lots of cuddling and probably maintenance to remind both of us of the strong connection we have.  I know that two days will not destroy what we have worked so hard to build, but two days sure does seem a lot longer than it used to.
 

9 comments:

  1. It's tough, no doubt about it. The Man is gone 30 home 28. You will do fine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Dana. I'm sure it will be fine, and I'm just being a baby. I don't know how you do it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate it when the HoH goes on camp. It makes me feel deserted and its usually only one or two nights. I totally get how you are feeling and it doesn't get any easier.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well thankfully this is a one time deal. Let me know if you need to talk during one of his trips. Thanks for the support.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This really hit home for me:

    -Since we have started TTWD I find I need him more than I have before. Am I weaker or do we just have a stronger marriage? I like to believe the latter. -

    I have wondered this exact thing and been feeling this way! My "H" doesn't even go away, but when he's working late or gone out of town for only a weekend.. I just feel like I need him home and WANT him home.

    I can't imagine my Husband being away like that.

    I grew up as an Army Brat, my dad was gone a TON, so I only have the view point from a child's perspective.

    I'd be terribly lonely for my "H".



    ReplyDelete
  6. Honestly TL, I think needing each other more is a sign of strength and oneness and not in the least a sign of weakness. We feel things now that we didn't feel before and therefore being away from each other is easier.

    I hope the trip goes well. I don't think you'll backslide or anything like that, especially if you stay focused on respecting each other while away from the other.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everything went well Susie. No backsliding or any trouble to report. I'm very glad to be home though. Thanks for the comment and support.

      Delete
  7. You will be fine TL - don't start "worrying that bone", as that's a good way to get yourself into trouble. ;) The time apart does seem longer but you will be fine and so will Bucko. Keep your eye on the prize - the lovely homecoming!

    Blessings,
    Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cat! It was a lovely homecoming. Other than the house being a mess, Bucko did fine on his own.

      Delete