Recently, it seems Bucko came to a startling realization about the power he now holds in our marriage. It all started over a sandwich. First, let me start by saying I do feed my husband. I love to cook and love cooking for him, but usually this starts as an offer not a command. So there I was, minding my own business, on the computer when Bucko comes into the office. The conversation went something like this:
Bucko: "Woman I'm hungry. Make me a sandwich."
Me: "Okay babe, what kind do you want?"
"Wait, it really works like that?"
"Huh?"
"I can really say Woman do something and you'll go do it?"
"Let's not get all Cinderella about it, but yeah that's the general idea."
"Nice! I could get to like this, now about that sandwich..."
You can just picture the evil gleam in his beautiful blue eyes can't you? I may have created a monster.
"Would you like the crust cut off my darling?"
SMACK! "I don't like smart ass cooks you know."
"Nope you love one. Squares or triangles?"
SMACK! "Triangles."
HOH monster sighting. Stay indoors and stay tuned for updates.
LOL.. yeah, HOH.. it's heady stuff. Or at least that's the way it seems to me...And this, THIS is what we wanted...
ReplyDeleteMakes you wonder some days doesn't it? But you know I just laughed and cut his sandwich into triangles.
ReplyDeleteLOL TL - Cute story - HoH is feeling his oats is he? ;) Do you have any cookie cutters? Next time you get an order for a sandwich, ask him if he'd like it in the shape of x, y, z (naming the cookie cutter shapes). :D
ReplyDeleteYou have the best ideas, Cat. Maybe next time I'll give him a heart shaped sandwich.
ReplyDeleteLOL...... both my HoH and I had a rather good laugh at this post. I'm not toon sure I should have shown him though, I might end but with a monster on my side of the world too :P
ReplyDeleteHi Callie! Welcome to my blog. Thanks for reading. I'm glad that both you and your HOH had a laugh. Good luck with your monster. Hopefully he's like the cookie monster.
ReplyDeleteThis is funny! Sounds like my HOH as he's realizing how this whole thing works.
ReplyDeleteIt is fun to watch him figure it out. Thanks again for reading.
ReplyDeleteYou are such a hoot Bucko!
ReplyDeleteI haven't given hubby that much control - only things pertaining to the 4 Ds;
disrespect - disloyality - dishonest - disobedience.
But I ain't his cook, his doormat or his slave! (hehe)
But I will be totally submissive if he decides to take the load off my shoulders!!
LOL... sometimes it's safer if I am his cook. Tastes better too.
ReplyDeleteAn off the topic question:
ReplyDeleteHow did you add the "I am a member of Learning domestic discipline" banner/link to your sidebar?
I'm finding the new blogspot really hard to work with!
You can write a mail to me here:
jackandjill1527@gmail.com
Hugs
Jack's Jill
Clint helped me do it the other night. I will have to remember how he showed it to me.
ReplyDeleteLol. Cute story. My husband has had a few of those lightbulb moments. Makes me wonder if I should be careful what I wish for :)
ReplyDeleteAsk and you shall receive, sometimes more than you bargained for. Thanks for reading.
ReplyDeleteLol. May have had a few of those conversations myself...
ReplyDeleteFrom what I now understand, I think we all have. Welcome to my blog. Thanks for reading. :)
ReplyDelete