I didn't think this moment would come so soon in my blogging experience, but here it is. I'm not really sure what to say. I feel compelled to write, not really for any other reason than writing makes me feel better. I love reading the comments and getting support here, but really I just enjoy the chance to get my thoughts out. Writing seems to help me make sense of me, though I'm not sure how much sense that really makes.
This week has already been emotionally draining. I spent the day today exhausted and thinking it was Thursday. Imagine my surprise and disappointment when I found out it was only Tuesday. What? Three more days of this until the weekend? You are kidding me right?
This weekend was loads of fun. Enjoyable time spent with Bucko hanging out and holiday shopping. Monday, unfortunately, was met with stress. Monday was the day I dreaded the most, because it meant therapy. I suffered some childhood trauma that puts a strain on my life and sometimes my marriage. Let's just say I don't have baggage, I have the matching hot pink leopard print matched luggage set complete with wheels. I've kept my past to myself for a long time. Bucko didn't even know until well into our dating phase in college. Considering we met in elementary school, he was kept in the dark for a while.
Therapy means talking about my issues. Laying them out on the table and really looking at them. Bucko is a saint and often goes with me during these sessions. He doesn't say much, but just sits there listening to my teary (I hate crying especially in front of people) confessions and holding my hand through it. Sometimes I wonder how he does it. Despite my worries that one day he will hear something that will push him to the nearest exit (Dammit mustard seed where did you go now?) he never waivers. He always says he's proud of my progress. He goes back to work and on his way home brings home dinner. He doesn't want to add the extra strain of cooking and cleaning on such an emotional day. He uses his authority as HOH to make sure I do my therapy homework, and allows me to fall into him when it's just too much. I don't know what I did to deserve him, but I'm glad I did it.
Guess I had more to say than I thought. Next time I promise something light and funny. Maybe it's time to write about baby alligators.
Glad you are writing things out. It is refreshing for me.
ReplyDeleteI have baggage of my own, and my Husband is pushing me towards therapy, I'm just not quite ready yet.
It's so sweet that he goes with you, I just dont know if I could let go in front of mine yet, especially to a stranger.
I hope things go well for you this week, Friday will be here before you know it!
-Take care
-Emi J
The one thing I can say about therapy is that it won't work until you are ready for it. I understand not being ready though. It took me a long time to get there. You will when the time is right.
ReplyDeleteHave a great week!
You go girl. Therapy is really hard work and not for the faint of heart. (been there, done that) You are stronger than you know, and believe me, it will NOT consume you if you say it outloud. I promise...
ReplyDeleteThanks Dana, I'll hold you to that one! I really appreciate the comments and support. I feel like I say that a lot, but it really does mean the world to me.
ReplyDeleteTL - Hang in there. Therapy is hard and it is painful but you can do it. Dana is right, it will not consume or destroy you if you say it out loud. Lean on your wonderful Bucko - have faith in him - NOTHING he hears will cause him to leave. Show him that necklace and ask him to buy it for you and hold on to him and that mustard seed for all your worth. We are here for you. Sending (((Hugs))) and prayers.
ReplyDeleteBlessings,
Cat
Your replies are always so uplifting. Thank you for your support and the prayers. I appreciate it so much.
DeleteThat was a very nice and personal post. How long have you been married?
ReplyDeleteThank you! We've been married for almost three years, but we've known each other forever.
Delete