Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Cards: A Story and Some HOH Appreciation

Like any woman I love greeting cards.  It's strange the power those little folded pieces of paper hold.  They can start my day on a great note, or bring a bad day back from the dark side.

Cards have always played a big part in the relationship Bucko and I have.  I think deep down we are both romantics at heart.  Obviously we give cards for holidays.  I have a great story about a Valentine's Day card I will share a little closer to V-Day.  Sometimes we give cards for no reason.  Sometimes they are left in lunch boxes, or on the door, or pillow.  Anywhere is fair game really.  Bucko is great about this.

When Bucko and I were first married we lived in a little apartment.  About a month or so before our first anniversary I started to see little gifts and cards on the windshield of my car.  They were little mostly a flower, sometimes a bouquet, sometimes my favorite candy, or a little stuffed animal.  With each one was a card.  These cards told me how sexy I was and how lucky my husband was to have me.  They were all signed from a secret admirer.  (In Bucko's handwriting, of course.) 

When I would mention these cards to Bucko he would pretend to know nothing about them.  He would grumble and complain about a secret admirer trying to steal his woman.   It was kind of cute watching Bucko threaten to kick my secret admirer's ass.  It was a fun month. 

The day before our anniversary I got a card.  This card was telling me how my admirer couldn't bear the thought of me with another man any longer and he'd set up a rendezvous.  I followed the directions on the card and left a pink sheet of paper on my windshield to let him know I was game.

The next day I got another card telling me a room number and a check-in name.  It was not our last name.  I found out later that Bucko had set this all up with the desk clerk after a great deal of pleading as this was not hotel policy.  Bucko had set us up in the same hotel room we had on our wedding night.  

When I arrived there was a card on the bed.   This card told me that my admirer had gone to get a few things and I should slip into something comfortable and wait.  I did.  A few minutes later Bucko arrived telling me that he'd followed me here wondering what I was up to.  He'd seen a man, he could only assume was my secret admirer, fleeing at the sight of my Bucko.  This led to an elaborate role play type spanking that was so much fun.  Bucko said he needed to show me why I was better off with him.  (Maybe I should have seen the HOH signs then.)  It led to a lot of other fun activities too and we had a wonderful anniversary.

I've been thinking about cards a lot lately.  My first thought was that I hadn't gotten one in a while, but the second thought was I hadn't given one in a while either.  I realized I needed to appreciate my HOH as much as he does me.  So I bought some cards.  Bucko was given one Sunday before last.  This one was long and had a loving heart felt message in it.  He was given another one just because last week. Another card was stuck to the door on Monday and few more are sitting in my drawer just waiting.  I love seeing how excited he is to get a card and how much he enjoys reading them.  I guess it works both ways.

22 comments:

  1. Absolutely adorable :D Love this post! Ryan and I have a collection of cards that we have given each other over the years. It is so fun to look back and see what we were like before kids!!!

    And, I am sure your hubby will love that you are giving him card again....very sweet!

    ~Lucy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lucy. I'm glad you enjoyed it. I enjoyed writing it. Sometimes it's fun to look back and remember. He does seem to enjoy getting the cards.

      Delete
  2. That was SO Sweet! I had chills reading it. Bucko taking the time to do that says so much about the way he feels about you!

    Betsy:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! He really is a great guy. I'm very lucky.

      Delete
  3. OMG...how ridiculously romantic! Makes me forget it is minus a bazillion outside right now. GOOOOOD thing we all don' t compare ourselves to each other....bahahahaa!

    Can't wait for the Valentine's Day Story!!
    Love
    Willie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thanks Willie! He is pretty awesome. Though if he keeps hearing how highly you all think of him he might get a big hat. Of course if that happens does that mean the HOH hat won't fit anymore?

      Love,
      TL

      Delete
  4. That is the most gorgeous thing ever! You really are lucky to have each other :)

    Callie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a lovely tradition. Yes T, definitely time to resurrect it. Wishing you both lots of love and fun with your cards.

    Blessings,
    Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Cat. I am very happy to see it come back. It's a fun surprise to see a card waiting for you. :)

      Delete
  6. That is so sweet, and what a great idea for you to grab a bunch to give him, just because. :) A friend once told me to be the change one wants to see in their spouse, and they, in time, will return the change. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't hurt to have them just in case. Bucko is good about giving little gifts. He brings home flowers and all that sort of thing. It's one of the things I love about him.

      Delete
  7. TL, what a wonderful sweet story! So romantic and I think it's great you are resurrecting the cards. Such a lovely gesture and it means so much.

    Looking forward to the valentines card story :)

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a pretty funny story. I hope it lives up to the hype. ;) Bucko has enjoyed getting his cards lately.

      Hugs,
      TL

      Delete
  8. That was the cutest story...and yes, you most definitely should have seen the HoH in him way back then!

    I hope re-igniting your old tradition is a whole lot of fun for both of you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I was seeing stars at the time and not the HOH. Not that it was a bad thing in that moment. It has been fun so far.

      Hugs,
      TL

      Delete
  9. awww how very sweet and what a great way to show your love to each other

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm just now getting to read this - Oh! what a great story, I'd think it's so sweet and I'm jealous! LOL
    No really, it's very romantic :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Emi. It was really romantic. It was pretty awesome. :)

      Delete
  11. I'm late to the party:">This is so very sweet, and as Wilma said- ridiculously romantic! Such fun! Glad you had an outstanding anniversary.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks June. It was very romantic and lots of fun. We are planning another weekend getaway for my birthday. I can't wait to see what Bucko comes up with.

      Delete