I would have never in a million years considered myself inspirational, especially after the last few days and posts. (An update on where I am with all that will be posted sometime tomorrow afternoon.) However, in one of the most shocking and day making turn of events I was nominated by Dana from Learning to Follow His Lead for this award.
So the rules:
1. Display the award
logo on your blog.
2. Link back to the person who
nominated you.
3. State 7 things about yourself.
4.
Nominate 15 other bloggers for this award and link to them.
5. Notify those
bloggers of the nomination and the award’s requirements.
Seven things about me:
1. I've never considered myself pretty. I've always figured I was at best, cute. A rock solid 7.5 on the scale, that's me.
2. I'm a terrible joke teller. According to all my friends I'm only funny when I don't try to be.
3. I'm the most uncoordinated person on the planet. I trip over my own two feet all the time.
4. I firmly believe The Princess Bride is the greatest movie of all time.
5. I love factoids and trivia, especially if it involves the presidency.
6. I'm a grammar Nazi. In fact, Bucko has an expectation that I will no longer correct the grammar of random strangers. It's a not a rule exactly, but I'm pretty sure I'm only a couple more "Superman does good you are doing well," 's away from it.
7. This will come as no surprise given the last few days, but I struggle with PTSD resulting from some childhood trauma. I know it's not really unknown, but it's the first time I've ever really owned my issue.
I was honored to be nominated and the compliment from you, Dana, touched me more than I could ever say. I don't really know who to nominate, because there are so many of you who inspire me. Over the last few days you all have inspired me to just keep going and muddle through where I am. With that being said consider yourself nominated. You don't have to post this on a blog if you don't want to, but you can. If you'd rather just share some facts in the comments section that's cool too.

I'll just base my answers on yours
ReplyDelete1- Dito..except I wouldn't say I rock a 7.5. I consider myself a Mary Anne from Gilligan's Island, with a falling figure...lol
2- Oh no...I can tell a joke..sorry
3- I have lived in this house for 15 years and I still cut corners too closely
4-I think I am one of the only people on the planet who hasn't seen this movie
5- I remember useless things...Iike prices at different stores..or people I've met once, their birthdays. That is my super power
6- Yes and no. I really hate it when people mispronounce words!!!
7- I am sorry that your childhood was marred by an event. I certainly have nothing to compare myself to in this area. I have recently discovered some decisions I made in my foolish youth have been affecting me for a long time..on a much more minimal scale. I do wish I could go back and change things.
I do hope you are feeling better. That you are in a happier place. The happiest you can be for you at the moment.
Much Love
Willie
You simply must see The Princess Bride. Everyone must know the dangers of the fire swamp.
DeleteR.O.U.S's? I don't think they exist.
ReplyDeleteI cannot wait till the day when you have to write a post about getting spanked b/c you corrected someone's grammar when you shouldn't have.
Sorry TL...I'm too tired to be leaving comments. Willie has just sent me to bed. How about that!
I'm pretty sure they do exist and that we can wait for that day. I'm, however, unsure about Willie being in charge of your bedtime. Good luck with that one.
DeleteThanks for sharing T...I love reading fun facts about my blogging family. Have you ever fallen up the stairs? One of my favorite tricks. ;)
ReplyDeleteHope everything is going better for both of you.
Blessings,
Cat
I've fallen upstairs and sideways. If there is a way to fall it's unlikely that I haven't done it. It's going that's about all I can ask right now.
DeleteHugs,
TL
I love, I should say WE love The Princess Bride!!!! We own it.. it's a MUST have!
ReplyDeleteBrad and I quote it ALL the time!
Love your facts. I need to read up on blogs because I think there are more of these blogger award things out there but I missed several days of reading, or just reading here and there.
* As You Wiiiiiisssssshhhhhhhh!
Thanks Emi, and I'm glad that you love The Princess Bride. It's a must see.
DeleteI enjoy learning a little about my bloggers!
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing.
Catrinka
You are welcome. Thanks for stopping by.
DeleteOh I have to join the others to say I love reading and learning about bloggers.
ReplyDeleteIt makes everyone seem a little bit more real iykwim x
By the way I too am very clumsy and trip all the time.
Also my pet hate is when kids speak incorrectly or add words where there shouldn't be any.
But I'm with Susie I think we will be seeing a blog about being spanked for correcting someone lol
I'm not sure how I feel about you guys rooting for this. LOL. Thanks for stopping by. ;)
DeleteI love the sharing of tidbits about ourselves the best about these award posts. You definitely deserve the award for inspiring blogs so congrats hon!
ReplyDeleteThank you Christina. Coming from someone who inspires me that means a lot.
DeleteHugs,
TL