On the upside I feel like I've really been on top of my game at work. I've loved what I'm teaching lately and I really feel like my kids are learning. I love seeing their faces light up when they finally understand that difficult concept. It never gets old. As great as it feels to feel successful, I miss my Bucko.
It's the little things really. We're both home, we have dinner together, and we talk on the phone a little when he isn't busy at work. It's the little things. Bucko hasn't given me a job or chore in a while. Granted I've been either too sick or too busy to do them, but the jobs provided a security and a continuity to our routine that I like. We didn't even go grocery shopping this week. We ate out so much last week we didn't need to buy food. Who would have thought I would miss hands on the cart?
In spite of all of this busy crazy stuff, I feel like Bucko and I have grown in TTWD. He is always confident and reassuring. When we go out now, he has taken to ordering for me. I asked him the other day if he had paid the bills. He answered by saying, "Babe, you don't ever have to worry about that. I promise I'm going to take care of you. I know you are going to ask and you can, but just know you don't have to." Hey man, I can't live without my internet. I had to check, but how awesome was that?
I went to pick up a few things from the store the other day and we had an interesting text exchange.
Hey Babe, do you want me to get the big bag of litter that is on sale or the one in the jug like we usually get? (Did I really just ask about what he wanted me to buy? When did that happen?)
Get the jug. I don't want you to hurt yourself trying to lift that heavy bag. (Did my
Yes Sir (Did I really just say that?)
That's my girl! (Why am I smiling so much from that text?)
Like I said... It's the little things.
This cracked me up when I saw it and quickly became my quote of the week. I thought I would share with all of you people who are also just doing the fair thing.

Hi TL. this had me smiling. I'm so glad you are feeling good about, and enjoying work. Hopefully crazy will settle down a bit for you guys soon.
ReplyDeleteOoh, I love the little things. They are soo yummy LoL. I love the text exchange and yes, Sir slips out of my mouth quite often too. Bucko is a real sweetie (am I allowed to say that?). Doesn't it make you feel so cared for?
It sounds as though you are managing to keep a focus on ttwd despite life being crazy. Good on both of you.
I love the ecard, cracked me up too.
Hugs
Roz
You are allowed to say it. I think he likes knowing how highly everyone who reads my blog thinks of him. He is a sweetie and I'm a lucky girl. That Ecard is brilliant. I wish I'd thought of it myself.
DeleteHugs,
TL
It sounds like things are going well my friend. I know The Man has been so busy he has forgotten to give me a job. I am like you and don't know when I'd find time to do it, but I would try. When things really start to settle in it is wonderful, scarey, exciting, amazing.. did I mentions scary? But it is sooo worth it...
ReplyDeleteI've been going through the scary phase, but I'm glad things are settling down. I just can't wait for more time with my Bucko.
DeleteAwww T - what a sweet post. You two are doing well - you're text exchange said it all. Missing 'hands on cart'? Who woulda thunk it! LOL The ecard had me ROFL.
ReplyDeleteThanks for the smiles and the giggles.
Blessings,
Cat
I know, right? I'm glad you enjoyed the card. I hope you are doing well too my friend.
DeleteHugs,
TL
So glad you guy are in some calm waters :) Don't you just love how those little things can stir up emotions. They always give me butterflies in my stomach and make me feel even closer.
ReplyDeleteHa! Love the ecard too. I tried my hand at making one once... I am not good at those things! There are some pretty creative ones out there though!
The little things are pretty awesome. I'm pretty happy right now. I'm not sure when Bucko got that really sexy HOHy look, but I'm kind of digging it.
DeleteIts wonderful to see things going so well for you and Bucko. Embrace the good times, so you remember them on the days where you are finding it tough :)
ReplyDeleteCallie
Thanks Callie. It is good to see things going better than they have been. I'm looking forward to a long weekend with my Bucko.
DeleteYUP! It's the little, everyday things in the middle of everyday life that make ttwd stand out. You just live it and it's so sweet when you can see it working. Hope your busyness slows down a bit. Hey, it's almost the weekend!
ReplyDeleteYep and it's a three day weekend too. I'm excited to get to spend some much needed time with my husband. :) Hope things are going well for you too.
Delete