Monday, January 7, 2013

Back in the Swing of Things

It feels like it's been a million years since I got to sit down and postThose short posts to update on my health hardly count.  Things have been a little nutty in the Bucko household due to holidays and illness.  Yes, my Christmas decorations are still up!  That aside the house is clean and I headed back to work today feeling better, not one hundred percent but better.

Bucko and I did some talking about what our New Year's resolution should be as far as DD goes.  We didn't really come up with much.  Bucko did say he wasn't sure if his resolution should be to spank me more or spank me less.  I think he's starting to like it.  (Should I be concerned about this?) Until the holiday chaos we seemed to be heading in a positive direction.  For us, I think, the goal is to just keep swimming. 


 After a week of holiday craziness followed by a week of being sick and unable to do anything, I was feeling pretty rough.  I'm a creature of habit.  I crave security and things to work just as they are supposed to.  It rarely, if ever, works that way, but you can't blame a girl for trying.

Role affirmation, maintenance, recombobulating, whatever your term for it; it helps me.  It keeps me balanced and reminds me that I don't have to do everything on my own.  Obviously, that hasn't happened lately.  Can't get spanked if you can't stop coughing.  Bucko has been doing an amazing job of taking care of me and affirming his love for me, but something still felt ...off.

Yesterday went along way to getting things back to normal.  We went to Wal-Mart.  Now you know that you are sick when the trip to Wally World is the highlight of your holiday.  This led to "Hands on the Cart" round two.  It wasn't bad though I did get one swat and I was super embarrassed.  We live near where I teach and I would just die if a student saw THAT!  None did, and we left the store easily enough.

Last night when we were making dinner, Bucko stopped me in the kitchen.  I was in the middle of doing something so I wasn't sure what his deal was.  I couldn't have been more pleased or surprised at what I heard.

Just so you know this is not a step backward.

Huh?

We aren't going backward.  The only reason things have been off lately is because you are sick.  As soon as you are better I'm going to tan your ass and prove it to you. (Yes, seriously those words!)

Okay honey.

You believe me right.

Mostly.  I mean I know we say that, but follow through has never been our strong suit.

Trust me babe.  We aren't going backwards.  Now finish dinner. (Insert well placed swat here)  

I don't know if I was more impressed that he said it, or that he knew I needed to hear it.  We are getting back into the swing of thingsWe just have to keep swimming.       

19 comments:

  1. It's great to see you are feeling better TL :) Its awesome to hear that things are going so well for you and Bucko!

    Callie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Callie. How was Disney? I hope you are having a great time.

      Delete
    2. Disney was Awesome :) So going back there again!

      Delete
  2. It works for us too,if I don't get it, yes I am completely unbalanced and stress gets away with me. Yup, lol, that gave me the giggles...Just keep swimmin'! Hope you're feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well it's always good to know you are not alone. I am feeling better. Thanks for checking up on me. :D

      Delete
  3. Hi TL, glad to hear you are feeling better. It sounds as though Bucko has his HoH hat firmly on and has found other ways of keeping ttwd in focus and keeping you both focused on your roles. Lovely to hear he has been taking good care of you during your recovery.

    Keep on swimming :)

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Roz,
      I don't think I could get that hat off him now if I tried. Not that I want to, anyway! I hope you are doing well in the new year.

      Hugs,
      TL

      Delete
  4. You are perfectly fine and so is he. TTWD works differently for different people. I need to be spanked. I need it for the emotional balance, the stress relief, and then we have what he calls "good girl" spankings... those, well they are a whole different catergory. I would rather have all of those ( especially the last one) than for him to have to punish me. THOSE are NO fun at all..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I rather like the "good girl" spankings myself. If I could just keep those instead of the punishment ones life would be grand. I hope you and the Man had a wonderful holiday.

      Delete
  5. Hey TL - So happy to hear that you are feeling better - please don't push and try to do too much too soon. Just keep swingin' and swimmin'. ;)

    Blessings,
    Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I keep trying to tell Bucko that I shouldn't push it and that means I don't have to do work for my grad class. He isn't buying. You should put in a good word for me.

      Delete
    2. *snort* Like he's going to listen to me! ROFLMBO

      Delete
    3. You can't blame a girl for trying.

      Delete
  6. Glad you are feeling better! I still get a little shock/thrill when I hear such blatantly dominant/HoHy comments come out of my husband's mouth...like, whoa, who is this guy?!

    And, I just love your very demure, "okay honey" response to his "tan your ass" promise/threat. Because, I mean really, how the heck are you supposed to respond to something like that?? LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that little thrill. It's one of the best things about TTWD. I'm not sure why, but I think Bucko is hotter when he has his HOH hat on.

      I'm totally demure. I'm a delicate flower! No really, I am!

      Delete
  7. So glad you are feeling a bit better!
    Take care Hon

    Jack's Jill

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jill. Hope you and Jack are doing well.

      Delete
  8. Glad you are feeling better! There's this crazy balance these men have to find--between taking care of us and lol...taking care of us. I'm so glad that he reassured you that everything was okay and that you were not taking any steps back.

    ReplyDelete
  9. glad youre starting to feel better :-)

    ReplyDelete