You aren't lost or in the wrong place. I have changed the name and layout of my blog to reflect the new place I have found where I have currently found myself.
These moments of revelation seem to come out of nowhere and inspire me to write and change things based on what I find. I think my old blog title reflected the place I was in when I started, and is no longer relevant.
When I started this blog and this journey I was on a mission. I felt like there was this place I had to get to. When I got to this place everything would be perfect. Nobody said it was going to be easy, but I had to keep on trudging through until I found this place. Once I arrived everything would be as it should be. It was all about getting to this place. Now I see things differently.
I won't say that I'm suddenly this new person. I'm not. This isn't some magic revelation that changes the world. It's just a sudden insight that lets me look at the world differently. What matters most to me now isn't the same thing that it used to be. It's no longer about getting to this perfect place.
When I used to look at my life I wanted to see a you are here map. I wanted to see where I was and how much further I had to go to get to the magic place where everything was perfect. Now I realize that place doesn't exist. It suddenly seems to me that my own expectations were getting in my way.
When I look at life now I don't see the map, but I do see a road. It's long, winding, and you don't stay in the same place for very long. Life is full of moments. Some are good, and some are bad, but none of them last forever. Instead of seeing my life as some grueling march up a huge hill, I see it more like a road trip in a convertible. Sometimes it's going to rain. It happens. I realize now that my moments of peace and happiness seem so fleeting, because I spend most of them worrying about how long it will be before the storm comes. Now I am more willing to just put the top up and keep driving. I won't say completely willing because let's face it I'm still a work in progress.
I am spending more time holding Bucko's hand and enjoying the sunshine on my face. If we come to a roadside stand with rotten fruit, I am trying to be strong enough to let Bucko lead me back to the car.
I spent more time than I care to think about struggling to get to this magic place that doesn't exist. Seeing how well that worked out, I think it's time to try something new. I still want to do some passenger seat driving, and for now I'm okay with that too. I still worry about getting "there," but then I realize there isn't a "there" to get to. I am working on reminding myself that it isn't about "there," it's about me. I struggle with reminding myself that I have access to the tools to be maybe not happy, but at peace, whenever I need them. Thankfully, I have Bucko and all of you for that. Now I just have to keep reminding myself to let go and enjoy the ride.
I am totally amazed that we find ourselves in like mind and attitude. Different places as we are different people. You'll have to read my blog post today. There is a song by Michael Card, I can't remember the name, but one of the lines is, "There is a joy in the Journey..."
ReplyDeleteI did read your blog and I hope you feel better soon. I will have to look up that song. I'm working on finding the joy in the moments and not wondering what is next.
DeleteYou certainly aren't alone is your need to let go and not let your own expectations get in the way. Thank you for sharing!
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you enjoyed reading it. As much as my blog is for me, it does make feel good to know it resonates with others.
DeleteMmmm, you got it, sweetie! There is no 'there', never was. There is always something new to learn and appreciate. "There" is over-rated - "there" means you miss the new and exciting, the surprises. "There" means stagnation.
ReplyDeleteIt's always about the journey. Sometimes it gets a little rocky, but you got that too - Bucko takes your hand and leads you back to the safety of him. You're in the perfect place, and I am so proud of you. Hope looks great on you :)
(((hugs)))
Thanks, June. I admit there are still struggles, but I feel better about where I am now, than I did looking for the magical "there." You and Ward helped me get to this new place and I appreciate you both so much.
DeleteHugs,
TL
Your new layout certainly suggests a change in the way you are feeling. It has a different mood to it.
ReplyDeleteCallie
Thanks. I thought about changing the color back to the pink, but I think I like that it's very different.
Deletei know exactly how you feel. i have felt so differently about myself and life lately, i love it.
ReplyDeleteyour new color is wonderful. mine's shades of blues too, makes visitors feel calm. good choice. :)
m.
ps: the color "pink" evokes anger, by the way, and even though it's my favorite color, i decided i didn't want anyone angry when they visited my blog. hee hee (happy easter, TL)
I do feel different lately and that's a good thing. I like the new look. I think I'll keep it for a while. I love the color pink it's my favorite. I miss it a little, but this one seems very hopeful.
DeleteThanks for reading.
Holding Bucko's hand and feeling the sunshine on your face - that's a very nice place to be, TL.
ReplyDeleteGreat post, and I love the new name and feel to your blog.
Elisa Xo
It is a good place. I'm glad you like the new look.
DeleteTL
Hi TL, absolutely! There is no 'there', it's about the journey. The ride can be bumpy at times, but you have Bucko to take your hand. Sounds like you are in a good place. I'm happy for you. Holding Bucko's hand and feeling the sunshine on your face - that's what it's all about.
ReplyDeleteI love the new name and look.
Hugs,
Roz
This place is new and strange sometimes, but it's the best place I've been in a long time. I like feeling relaxed and dare I say happy. Thanks Roz. I'm glad you like it.
DeleteHugs,
TL
Hey T...Love the new name and look...don't really care what you name it or how you decorate it...this is where I come to visit my friends T and Bucko and read about their journey. ;)
ReplyDeleteIt warms my heart to 'hear' the happiness in your 'voice'!
Hugs and Blessings,
Cat
Thanks, Cat. Your cheering helped get me to this new place. I love having someone so positive and uplifting around. You are a great friend.
DeleteHugs,
TL
Journey, ride, no destination...car sick, oops that just me... Happy you are in a good spot! Really am.
ReplyDeletelove to you both
willie
I hope you at least have a barf bag. I love having you as a friend. You are one of the people who helped get me to this new place.
DeleteLove and Hugs,
TL
Hi TL . I hope your journey continues to be a good one, love Jan.xxx
ReplyDeleteThanks, Jan. I hope so too, but if it isn't that's okay right now.
DeleteHi TL,
ReplyDeleteGreat new name and look! I agree- it is definitely about the journey. :). I too am glad that you are in a good place with your Bucko! There is nothing like riding in a convertible and holding hands with the one we love! Hugs!
<3 Katie
Thanks Katie, I'm glad you like it. Yeah this place is pretty great.
DeleteHugs,
TL
Okay, holding back the tears. That was just beautiful! You're right, there is no there. But all that you're learning along the way, so beautiful. I love the analogy of the convertible. I have to remember that one. :) Congrats on the new blog look and name, it looks great. :)
ReplyDeleteThank you. I rather like that analogy it seems much happier than some of the ones I've had lately. Thanks for your wonderful uplifting comments. They mean a lot to me.
DeleteJust smiling TL. :)
ReplyDeleteMe too! :)
Delete