I loved answering your questions so far. Please feel free to leave more. I don't really have anything pressing to say today, but I feel compelled to write. It seems like that just happens for me sometimes. The mood strikes and I must get my thoughts on paper. I tend to ramble when these moods happen, so my apologies.
I am still stressed out with work right now. I love state testing. It's the best thing ever invented... said no teacher ever. On the plus side I finished my graduate class (Yay me!) so I have one less thing on my plate right now. I'm still struggling to keep my head above water, but right now I only have one assignment left to grade. Every teacher knows that is a huge accomplishment.
I think I'm struggling more with this crazy stress, because I'm trying to balance it with this new found need I have for time for myself. I still am feeling guilty about this need. I'm struggling to focus on being in the moment during my me time, and not letting my thoughts wander to all the things I'm not doing for everyone else. It's a work in progress.
Bucko has been busy at work as well. I am feeling a little disconnected, but I think overall we are in a good place. I'm excited about our trip for my birthday weekend next week! It will be nice to unplug, get away, and just be together. Apparently, Bucko is under the impression that since we will be somewhere no one knows us he can be all HOH-y all the time. We shall see how that goes.
I had therapy this week. It was a rough one, but I left in a good place. I'm at a point where I see my own crazy patterns. I may still follow them, but I know that I'm doing it. Evidently that is progress. These patterns seem to be losing their appeal. I may still do what I've always done, but I'm starting to see it doesn't always work. It's a strange feeling to realize the thing that seems to be blocking your happiness is you. I've forced myself into roles that gained me approval, but the role no longer fits. The harder I hold on to this, in the hopes of keeping approval the more miserable I am. So right now I'm working on letting go slowly, and at a level I feel comfortable with.
As much as I hate therapy it's not the horrible pit into the depths of hell that it used to be. I can see what it has done for me. It's made me see things about myself that I never realized before. This session was about realizing why I keep my poor Bucko at a distance. I've always put myself in relationships where I wasn't the crazy one. The person I was with had deeper issues, or something wrong with him that was in some way worse than my own issues. I wanted to fix them so he would approve of me and I would be validated. With Bucko, I'm totally the crazy one.
None of my other relationships could hurt me, because if they ended it was because something was wrong with him, not me. With Bucko it's not like that. He's the only one who has the ability to truly hurt me, because I would be devastated if I lost him. It's the worst catch 22 ever. He's the only man I've ever really loved, and the reason he has the potential to hurt me is because I love him. Letting him in is hard. It's a constant struggle. Bucko has been gentle and given me the space I thought I needed, but that hasn't always worked. I get scared and I run.
Bucko has put on his HOH hat about this. After a long and tearfilled talk we (more like he) decided that it wasn't working. I would run forever and not let him in if I thought it meant protecting him (myself) from the dark scary stuff I keep locked inside me. Having your walls taken down is one of the scariest things I've ever dealt with. A large part of me wants to grab the bricks and rebuild. To some extent I do, but you know the thing about it is, once the crack is there you can cover it up, but you can still see it. In the past I've covered the cracks with much thicker stuff, but right now I'm kind of okay with looking at the cracks.
It seems like my wall is going from this:
To this:
It's cracked, but maybe that's better than it was before. I guess I had more to say than I thought.


You go girl... Yay for you, yay for you both. It gets better.. I promise... I am your own personal cheering section... Press on baby.. keep your eye on the prize!!!
ReplyDeleteThanks, Dana. The cheering helps.
DeleteHey TL
ReplyDeleteThis post is a lot more positive than the ones before, you seem to be moving forward, little baby steps, but it's progress:)
You know when my walls were pulled down, I ran screaming. I even disabled the comments on my blog in an attempt to hide. But we all know our Willie, she didnt let me hide for long ;)
My husband says yes we pulled my walls down and I have sort of built them back up, but what's changed is that the wall has become transparent and even if I hide behind it, he can still see me and help me come out from behind it.
It takes time, a lot of hard work and most of all a lot trust to move forward. It's very hard, but we have to believe in our men and our relationship and slowly take one step at a time and walk towards the light.
I'm happy for you, you makin progress x keep it up honey :)
Thanks Missy. I'm not sure I'm at transparent walls yet, but they are getting more and more cracked.
DeleteOh TL life is hard, but you are brave to recognise your problems and you are getting and have got help now. Just keep letting Bucko in one brick at a time Hope you have a fab birthday weekend. love Jan.xx
ReplyDeleteThank you, Jan. I'm excited about our trip I can't wait.
DeleteHi TL, I'm so glad to read the positives in this post. It sounds as though you are moving forward, taking those little steps and cracking those walls.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you are trying to balance commitments with taking time out for yourself and I hope you start to feel less guilty about doing so.
Hugs,
Roz
I'm still struggling with the guilt. As much as I don't like feeling guilty, I like the feeling of being less stressed more. I think keeping busy was one of those things I did to distance myself from the pain I was feeling as well as get approval. Maybe it's just time. Thanks for being such a great friend.
DeleteHugs,
TL
Yay for you and Bucko! No kidding TL, some of the most important posts I've ever written started with me just needing to write and not knowing what I was going to say. Those talks, where Bucko takes out one brick at a time and reminds you that he is right there and while you break down that wall he will BE a wall for you. Knowing that, knowing how much we are loved...it gives us the strength to keep wall wrecking.
ReplyDeleteKeep writing TL, you have lots to say and I love it!
Thanks Susie! It does that my posts where I have no idea what I want to say always have a lot to say. These talks are hard, but they have been really good for us.
DeleteHugs,
TL
Way to go T and Bucko! You are doing great. I'm with Dana...cheering for both of you over here. Sending positive energy for your continuing journey!
ReplyDeleteBTW...relax and don't fight Bucko's HoH'y lead during your birthday weekend...bet you will see a lot of benefits for both of you! ;)
Blessings,
Cat
Thanks, Cat. I will be sure to find you two some pom poms! I'm very excited about the possibilities for the weekend. Should make for some interesting posts.
DeleteHugs,
TL
You know, Cat always knows the right things to say. I was going to just say well-done, TL, but yes, we have sadly neglected Bucko's role in all this. We've talked and I've said that Ward is exactly who I need, he knows what I need and he gives it with unconditional love and generosity. Your Bucko is doing that for you. I'm happy that you have someone who is perfect for you, and who loves you so generously and completely.
ReplyDeleteIt's great you are feeling the wall come down. It's great to see your own mechanism. Sometimes it's so ingrained that there may be a ghost of that wall from time to time, but, like you said, when we are aware of it, it' easier to navigate through, and then again, we have our very good men.
Have an awesome weekend!
(((hugs)))
Thanks June. Our talks have opened the door for some conversations with my Bucko. You are a wonderful friend and I don't know what I'd do without you. You and Ward give me hope for Bucko and me.
DeleteLots of hugs,
TL