Some days I struggle. It's easy for me to blame the PTSD, PMS, or any number of outside stresses that cause me to struggle, but in the end it isn't any of those things. It's me. Sometimes I just don't have it together. It's not that I don't want it; I just don't have it. The cloud of darkness just washes over me and there I am; alone in the dark again.
I knew I was struggling this week. I saw the signs as my temper shortened and my need for space increased. As much as I want to be close to Bucko, sometimes my instincts tell me to get in the car and just drive. Drive far, far away and build myself a little tent. In my tent out in the woods it's cold and dark, but nothing can get in, because I'm zipped up tight. Sometimes though I think my tent looks more like this:
The truth is most of the time I feel like this:
What I noticed about my little friend here is the smile is painted on. The sadness is behind the eyes. She is the image of porcelain perfection. Happy enough to just leave her alone, unless you look closely. Most of the time, people don't look. Then again, I'm not sure my friend wants them to. If they look closely they might see what she does. The truth is the sad clown doesn't like herself very much. She is a good friend, there for others, and always one to make a joke to cover the pain. If you ask the sad clown what she likes about herself, there isn't much to say. That's because she doesn't like herself very much. All she sees is the soul consuming pain. She knows that if others saw what she did they'd run for the hills. Hell, she'd run for the hills herself if she could figure out away to get the pain to stop chasing her. I relate to my little friend here. I put on a show. I pretend to be happy when I'm not. Someone once told me that keeping my problems to myself was best. Others shouldn't have to worry about me. I should be concerned about their feelings. So when someone asks how I am, I say fine. I don't burden others with my issues. Except here. But the thing about here is, I don't have to see the looks of pain on other people's faces when I say I'm not fine. There is nothing worse than that look.
Actually yes there is. It's the moment where you have that friend. We all have that friend. The one that says, "What do you have to be sad about? I wish I had your life." The one that makes you say, "If you only knew." So to avoid that moment I do what the little clown does, I put on a show. The show often looks like this:
Again what I noticed about my friend here is that she is alone. Struggling to keep her balance on the wire, and afraid of falling. The thing is there is net. The great thing about the safety net is she doesn't have to rely on someone else to catch her. That's what the net is. Her protection.
Intro Bucko. He wants to take my little act from that to something more like this:
There doesn't seem to be a net here, and worse yet in order to get here I have to do two things. They are two things Bucko can't do for me. I have to let go of my own bar and trust him to catch me when I reach for his hand. That's the thing. I'm not sure I can. I know I should, and my head knows that Bucko will catch me. I want to do this, but it's just so hard. There are days when I think it's too hard. So instead I hold on to my bar.
The thing about holding on to my bar is that it's great when you first start swinging. Everything is fine and I'm queen of the world. Master of my own destiny. The the momentum slows down, and eventually stops. I am left stranded in mid-air holding on to my bar for dear life. When I look down I see that my net has been taken away. I hear the crowd screaming and Bucko telling me to jump, but I can't. So I sit frozen until I lose my grip and crash to the ground. Bucko looks hurt that I'm hurt and wonders why I couldn't just trust him to catch me. I wish I knew.
But then again, I do. That's the worst thing about situations like this. You claim not to know what is wrong, but you know exactly what's wrong with you. At least I do. I was hurt very badly as a child, by a man that told me I deserved to be. I wasn't good for anything and I deserved to be hurt. I believed him. I still do. It makes me question TTWD sometimes. Now I know that getting a spanking from Bucko is not the same kind of pain I experienced as a child, but the thought is still there. If I wasn't bad, and didn't deserve it, Bucko wouldn't have to do this. I wonder what's wrong with me, that as a grown woman I need Bucko to guide me. I wonder if that man wasn't right all along, and that maybe there really is something wrong with me. Those feelings make me feel scared and trapped. While I know I should let go and let Bucko be the ringmaster that guides the circus that is my crazy existence in a positive direction,
the thing is when I feel trapped it seems to be more like this:
Would you want to deal with that? The answer is probably not. I don't really have a point to this post. I'm not even sure I'll leave it posted. For now if the feelings are on my blog they aren't inside my head, and that's enough. Thanks for listening.






This despite the saddness of it, this is a beautiful post TL. You express yourself so well. I hope for our sake you do leave it up.
ReplyDeleteI know I wasn't hurt in the way you were as a child and that man deserves to burn in the fires of hell for all eternity. In fact that is too good for him. I can tell you this, most of us here, with our unicorns and lollipops childhood *still* feel the way you do about asking our husbands for help. Question why we can't get it. Question why we asked for their help and yet can't let go of the bar and trust the men we love.
Go and wash off your 'make up' then still the cloth in the mouth in the 'friend' who said what do you have to complain about! After come back and turn to show Bucko your face. He sees into your eyes.
Don't necessarily try to let go of the bar just yet. Even trapeze artists start on the ground first. Gradually they move to flying through the air, but with harnesses. The next step is a net below and no harness. This takes such a long time to get there. AND that long time is for people who don't have a backpack full of the weight of a childhood like yours. Take the time to empty your pack. Let Bucko help you. The other things will follow. Focus on the placement of your foot on the ground right in front of you, not taking flight just yet.
I/ we all are here for you in whatever capacity you need us!
love willie
I want to thank you, Willie, but somehow I'm not sure thank you is enough. You are a wonderful friend. I have been overwhelmed by the tremendous amount of love and support I have gotten since this post went up. I'm sure that is in no small part due to your rallying the troops. Your advice, laughter, and sometimes just that listening ear have helped me more than I could ever say.
DeleteLots of love,
TL
It's a great step to just let the emotions come out onto the page. Sometimes that's all we can do.
ReplyDeleteHugs
Callie xoxox
The smart ass in me wants to say something about how it's like burp, better out than in, but right now I'm still too caught up in the sadness to be funny. Thank you for listening. Your friendship means a lot to me.
DeleteHugs,
TL
Just want to let you know that I was here. I wish I had some wise words but I don't. Instead, I will send you a virtual hug :)
ReplyDeleteThank you. Sometimes just listening is enough.
DeleteOnce you have something posted it's captured. There it is, it may be bad, but at least it's not rolling around in your head getting bigger and bigger and often worse. It's captured and you can see it and read it and deal with it. I don't think what you need from Bucko has anything to do with what that fool told you as a child. There are too many of us who want and need the same thing - some do have bad childhood memories. I don't I was blessed with an wonderful, happy childhood free from real trauma, yet I need TTWD very much if I'm going to be a happy adult.
ReplyDeleteWe're here - keep writing.
Hugs,
PK
I love the freedom that writing offers. Sometimes I just feel lighter having gotten the thoughts down on "paper?" Writing seems to free me from the snowball effect that leaving something running through my head has. It is amazing to see how many people are here, and are so kind. Thank you for listening.
DeleteHugs,
TL
Your pictures are so vivid. Thank you for being real.
ReplyDeleteBea
I try to be as honest as I can here. It's not always pretty, but it is me. Thanks for listening.
DeleteOK. First, create an effigy of the man who treated you that way as a child and set it aflame like Guy Fawlks. Everything that man said to you as a child was what he felt about himself.
ReplyDeleteThe person who asks you "What do you have to complain about?" ask them why they feel the need to invalidate your feelings? They may not understand them, they may not agree with them, but your feelings are very real and they do not get to dismiss them. If they keep doing it after you check them on it, I wouldn't advise sharing with them any more as they may fall in the category of toxic friends.
The clown picture you put at the top, is a picture of a Commedia Del Arte character, Pierrot. This character is usually male and the sadness in his eyes is from the love he holds for Colombina that she does not return. Bucko loves you. Remember that! When you feel this way let him see the pain in your eyes, don't lower your gaze from him. Look in to his eyes and repeat over and over to yourself, "Bucko loves me and he will catch me."
I would say don't question why you need this lifestyle right now just accept that you do. I have not had the same background as you, but it bothered me for a long time. I finally just accepted that there was no rhyme or reason, it just was.
This is the best place to share it. When you are in a better place you can look back and see it from another perspective.
Love, hugs and know that you are not alone out here,
Blue Bird
Thank you, Blue Bird. One of the things my therapist is famous for saying is don't try to buy it, just let it float. That's what I'm trying to do right now. I'm not really trying to make things make sense, but just let them be where they are. If there is one thing this post has shown, it's that people do care and I'm not alone.
DeleteLove and Hugs,
TL
I could've written this... I'm so sorry about your experiences when you were younger. It wasn't your fault, you are good enough! I have to continually remind myself of those things.
ReplyDeleteOne thing I can tell you...and it's something I struggle with too, but the only way to build trust is to trust. You can start small, but you have to give Bucko the opportunity to "prove" himself. I know that's not very submissive, but if you never give him the chance you'll never fully trust him.
Be honest! It is the hardest thing to open up and let someone into your pain, but he can handle it. I am not giving advice except that I am also working on. Please contact me if you need someone to talk to, if you're comfortable.
(((Hugs)))
P
Hey P,
DeleteThank you so much for sharing this. I wish that no one else had to understand this, because no one should have to. It is hard to trust. It is my biggest issue. It's hard to trust him to touch me, let alone trust him with my heart. How do you tell someone who does everything he can to protect you that you don't feel safe? Thanks for being here. It helps to have another voice to drown out the noise.
TL,
ReplyDeleteHey there trapeze artist...:) Hugs. This is the PERFECT place to put all your thoughts. If every post we all put up was sunshine and rainbows, it wouldn't be real or the tiniest bit honest. You keep writing...and that's as much of a bloggy friend order as can be given from someone who chose the name "Susie." :)
We are all so different and yet so similar. Whether our hurts go all the way back to childhood or have happened more recently, I suspect most of us are here partly because we have chosen to deal with them, to work through the pain and to invite our spouses to be there with us. This yearning for intimacy, to give up some of the control that drives us, to be led instead of leading, to be nurtured and protected...I honestly think it's a lot more normal than most would ever admit. We have been culturally conditioned to think there must be something wrong with it, with these desires.
There is nothing wrong with us. I will go so far as to say that we are designed this way and there are a whole lot of other women out there who watch us as we spend time with our spouses and wonder what we have that is different.
I like what Willie said about your backpack of childhood pain. It can only be emptied a little at a time and there's this guy who wants to be there with you in that. He may not always know what to do and you might twist something when he catches you but I'm pretty sure it's his heart's longing to protect you and shield you from some of that pain. I can't speak for your relationship, but I've seen it both in myself and in other women out here. This way of life, whatever we call it--it has this tendency to cause incredible growth in us. While doing that, it also makes us very vulnerable and in the middle of that, so much of the stuff we have buried in our lives starts to rise to the surface. It's overwhelming for those of us who don't have a lot to unpack so those who do...it is even harder.
We're here TL so please keep talking to us and more importantly, keep grabbing Bucko's hand and telling him what is going on inside.
Hey Susie,
DeleteSome days I wonder if I even have any sunshine and rainbows. There are days where it feels like the little black rain cloud just takes up residence right on my doorstep. Writing doesn't get rid of him, but it does allow the light through a little. I'm trying to reach out my hand, but it's not always easy. Being able to say here, out loud so to speak, that it isn't easy seems to help. Thank you being so kind.
Hugs,
TL
Oh TL, I agree with Willie and Callie.
ReplyDeleteThis, despite the sadness is an excellent post. Bad things do happen to good people..and there in lies part of the answer for you...'Good people' that is you. There is nothing wrong with you. You are good, the things that were said to you by that man, are wrong...so very, very wrong. As a child that would of made a huge impression on you both physically and mentally. Time to believe that you are good, and what he said was for his OWN gain..not yours. You are Good! I can read it in this post, in every word, in every line.
Many hugs to you
Thank you for saying that. It is hard to believe sometimes, but I never get tired of hearing it. I keep hoping one day it might stick. Thank you again.
DeleteHugs,
TL
First off, there is nothing wrong with you...nothing at all. Trust...giving our trust....is hard to do under the best of circumstances. Keep focusing on the beautiful visual you have of the bar....and slowly you will learn to trust your man more and more. I went through this very same thing not too long ago....and I will tell you that it is a process....but one very worth going after. Lean on your man...talk to him...and I promise when you are ready to let go....he will catch you :)
ReplyDeleteHugs....
~Lucy
Thank you, Lucy. I hope so. My brain knows you are right, I'm just waiting on the rest of me to catch up.
DeleteHugs,
TL
Hey Sweet T…Sending lots of hugs your way.
ReplyDeleteYa know, those who love you (real friends and true family) don’t want to hear “I’m fine” when you’re not. They want to hear the good, the bad and the ugly and will be there to cheer you on, soothe you or verbally smack you, if you need it. Whoever said “…keeping my problems to myself was best. Others shouldn't have to worry about me. I should be concerned about their feelings.” is an idiot and should be totally ignored. And the “friend” who says, "What do you have to be sad about? I wish I had your life."…that is no friend…that is an acquaintance. Ya know, I had to sit my youngest DIL down and explain the difference between real friends and acquaintances to her. If you were to imagine your life as a book, acquaintances know the cover and might have read the synopsis on the back page whereas friends have read, re-read and analyzed ever page. Don’t let the thoughts/opinions of acquaintances bother you at all.
Ok now here comes a slap and you had better listen and listen well! “I don't burden others with my issues.” Here in blog land or FTF, you are not a burden…of course there is a look of pain on our faces when you say you are not fine…that look is hurting for you not because of you! If I had written this post, wouldn’t you be hurting for me?
The hurts inflicted on us as impressionable children, especially by those who SHOULD be PROTECTING us, are the hardest to overcome. The man that told you that you deserved to be hurt and weren’t good for anything is nothing but a DISGUSTING, LYING, PITIFUL EXCUSE for a human. There is nothing wrong with you other than a pitiful snake (really being mean to snakes here) messed with your mind as a child and it is going to take time and a lot of hard work to overcome that sicko snakes indoctrination. Once your trust has been violated to such an extent, it is very hard to trust anyone and you will need to work hard at it. I would suggest that if you haven’t already done so, you ask Bucko to read this post. Then you two need to sit down and find one small thing that you agree you will trust him 100% with…no questions asked. Work on trusting him with that one thing…once you find you can trust him with that, it will be easier to trust him with another thing, and then another, and then another. Remember, I can eat a whole elephant. How? You might ask. One bite at a time. DO NOT give up on yourself or allow the sicko snake to win by still controlling your life.
Discipline, in whatever form, is a small part (a tool if you will) of TTWD and used to help resolve issues in a timely manner. DD, TTWD, M/s, whatever you call it, is so much more about love, respect, trust, honesty, accountability, and communication by both parties. When you open up and learn to trust Bucko, the closeness and growth of each of you and your marriage will be amazing.
Please email me if there is anything I can do to help you.
Hugs and Blessings,
Cat
Thank you, Cat, for the kind words and the slap. I am trying to open up more, and say it here if no where else. Your kind words and constant encouragement are more help than I could ever say. Thank you again.
DeleteHugs,
TL
You are beautiful. Just as you are. You are doing the best that you can with what you've been offered. It is perfect in its imperfections. You are loved-- by Bucko, by this community, and so many more. Love yourself, too. You deserve it-- all the love you can hold.
ReplyDeletehugs,
Thank you, Renee. I am overwhelmed with the amount of love I have received.
DeleteI know the pain of which you speak. The pain in my life came from the woman who gave birth to me and should have loved me and did not. There is something that happens to children who have their trust broken, who cannot form the attachments they need to. It makes the rest of our lives difficult and en exercise in trying to overcome a very real, very deep self-loathing.
ReplyDeleteI cannot give you any answers. I fight this struggle every single day, and I watch the pain in Ward's eyes when he thinks he is failing me. And then I feel worse, because he is not failing me, I am failing him, failing us. Trust is a hard issue. I trust him, I don't trust myself to be enough.
What is wrong with us that we need discipline and guidance? Not a damn thing, sweetie. We need the safety that this brings. There is not a thing wrong with that. I'd bet if you listened to Bucko, he would be telling you much the same things as Ward tells me... I m beautiful, I am good, I am everything he has ever prayed for. I try hard to believe it.
I'm sorry I have no answers. What I have is common ground and the ability to tell you that you are not alone. You are not bad. You do not deserve to be hurt. You deserve to be loved and cherished, guided, protected. You deserve to have a trust that will not hurt or abandon you. All you have to do is reach out your hand. He's right there.
If you ever need to talk, email me - it's ward_june@ymail.com. You're not alone. There are people who understand.
(((hugs)))
Beautifully stated. I relate to every single word, too, June.
DeleteTL, thank you for being so willing to write this post. You've helped me, too, by being brave enough to do so.
Elisa Xo
Thank you, June. Being able to talk to you the last few days has been an amazing help. It is nice to know someone understands, though no one should ever have to. There aren't easy answers, and all I can do is try. I hate that this hurts Bucko. I think seeing him in pain is worse than being in pain myself.
DeleteElisa,
I'm glad I could help. Thank you for saying that.
Hugs,
TL
TL,
ReplyDeleteSweetie, I relate to this post more than you know. My childhood was similar; in my situation it was my father and my mother, both.
The thing is - we cannot allow that disordered thinking, those distorted actions, forced on us as children and young adults to consume us. Their disorders are theirs to own and live with - they do not belong to us, thankfully.
It's taken me a long time to trust a man to be there for me. The more love there is between Will and I, the more distrustful I became. When would he take it away? When would I be proven wrong, again, by trusting?
The thing is...what ttwd has done for us is well beyond the spankings. We've gotten to the place that when he stumbles, I steady him - and he leans on me. When I fall, he catches me - and lifts me up. And I let him.
Your Bucko sounds like that type of man. He IS your net. You can safely fall into him, as truly difficult as that is for adult survivors of abuse.
It's okay not to be smiling all of the time, sweetie. It's okay to show your true self - your beautiful soul. I believe from your writing, that's who Bucko loves - the girl underneath it all, the woman you are - pain and beauty and intelligence and a spirit to be admired.
All of my love, and feel free to email anytime,
Elisa Xo
Thank you Elisa. I wish sometimes that it was easy to embrace the love that seems to be all around me. I am trying to let Bucko be the net, but it's so scary. Thank you for your kind words. Sometimes even though it doesn't always sink it, it's nice just to hear it.
DeleteLove and hugs,
TL
TL, I'm so glad you posted this and hope that it has in some way helped you to get it out.
ReplyDeleteThere are so many good comments above and I agree with all of them. There is nothing wrong with you and you don't deserve to be hurt. You are loved by Bucko and everyone here in this community.
I wish there was some further words of wisdom I could add to what has been said above. Just remember we are hear and we love you and are here for you.
Huge (((Hugs)))
Roz
Sometimes just being there is enough. Thank you Roz. Having you as a friend has helped more than I could say.
DeleteHugs,
TL
Hi TL, I felt sad when I read your post, it was amazingly written by the way, so moving. I think that what we all strive to do is live in a better way than our parents when we know that their way was so wrong. Maybe you just have to take each day as it comes and know that nothing that happened when you were a child was your fault. If you can try and let Bucko in. TTwd will bring greater security and love IF you let it. Who knows why we need it, all of us for different reasons I suspect. It doesn't matter, you are a survivor and with Bucko's help can become stronger. We can't change the past but we can move on from it, with lots of help and understanding. I am sorry you are having such a bad time at the minute, please don't stop posting, feel free to say whatever you like, that's the point isn't it? Hope you can raise your spirits a little today, love Janxxx
ReplyDeleteThank you for the kind words. I am doing a little better today than yesterday. I can only hope that the baby steps keep going forward for a while.
DeleteTL, huge hugs. I so appreciate your raw emotion here. Emotions are so complicated, and you are amazing to be able to share them. Trust is a difficult thing. It takes practice and we all stumble. Have grace with yourself, you have been through a lot. Hugs!
ReplyDeleteThank you so much for your kind words.
DeleteHugs,
TL
I can only echo what has been said above. You can ask us anything and everything. We are here whenever you want to talk.
ReplyDeleteI once went to therapy to rid myself of some childhood angst, and was told to visualise a door with a big lock, and to close that door and put in the key and turn it to lock it, and then to throw away that key. My angst is nowhere as bad as yours, and I still have trouble and need to use that visualisation to help me.
You need to tell people when you 'are not fine'. Real friends will understand, and the rest don't matter.
Just get comfortable swinging around on that trapeze for a while. Don't even think about letting go just yet. Let Bucko push you gently back and forth. Recognise that if you do have a dizzy spell that he is there to catch you. OR why not invite him up on the trapeze with you, then you can sit side by side and he can hold your hand.
We are all here to help you TL and are joining hands around you and Bucko.
Please don't hesitate to email me if you need to vent your feelings. I have very broad shoulders, and I am very good at listening!
Love and hugs to you,
Ami
Thank you, Ami. I appreciate your optimism and support. Right now I'm focused on holding on. Hopefully someday that will get easier and I will be ready to let go. Thank you again for listening and being there.
DeleteLove and hugs,
TL
TL, this is an amazing post, though, I understand you feel it's sad and don't want to bother people with your feelings - I have often worried about posting the sadness or hurt in my life, but as you can see, we all are here to offer support!
ReplyDeleteUsing your blog for an outlet can be a wonderful thing!
Letting Bucko in to "hang" there with you can be of tremendous help... I know that I should take my own advice - but the little I have let my "H" in has really come to benefit me in the long run.
A trapeze is a perfect analogy... trust, letting go..or even just hanging, swinging back and forth.. ttwd is a leap of faith, just as falling into his arms from up there on your bar...
feel free to send me a message or email / chat if you want to talk!
-Emi
Thanks Emi. Bucko is hanging in there. I hate how hard this is on him. I'm so used to keeping my feelings to myself it can be hard to let go. The amount of love I have gotten here has made today a little lighter than yesterday. That's something at least.
DeleteHugs,
TL
Hi TL,
ReplyDeleteIt is such a great thing that you were able to get your feelings out like this, and you really did that beautifully. My heart aches for you that you are going through such pain. There are so many people here for you- that want to listen, that care, that you can lean on at any given moment. You only have to ask TL. When you do- picture those faces as caring faces and not sad ones.
Truth be told, we are all human. No one has it together all the time. It is just not possible. I would tell you to cut yourself a break. You have been through some very hard stuff. Children are the most trusting individuals, and when they are told something over and over about themselves- cruel or otherwise, they will buy it and believe that it is true. Your job is to tell yourself that you are a good person, worthy of good things, loving and lovable. This may seem hard to do, but it can be done if you start practicing daily. And then you have your Bucko to lean on.
It's very hard to watch someone that you love go through tough times. You want to do anything that you can to fix things for them and make it better. You must let Bucko help you with this- one day at a time. Trust is hard but you can do it. With Bucko you can figure out how ttwd should work for you both as you move along. Maybe you need to readjust a little bit as to how you are doing it, and make changes as your trust and confidence grow. That's where communication becomes key. In no time at all you will be that dazzling trapeze duo, in sync with each other, swinging to greater heights! But you must let him in. You can do it!!!! Take good care TL. (((((Hugs)))))
<3 Katie
Thank you Katie. I appreciate so much everyone that has come and shared love and concern with me. Knowing that I'm not alone helps, even though it can be scary up here. I'm trying to picture caring faces. Today is better than yesterday. I hope you are right, and we do become that trapeze duo.
DeleteHugs,
TL
Hello TL,
ReplyDeleteI hope you will accept a comment from another HoH.
I can hardly add anything new to the discussion that hasn't already been said.
For many of us there exist a world of pain and dark vibrance that others could never know or possibly understand.
Many times others would have you believe they'd trade places, or in some cases try to minimalize the haunting pain that our past.
I also understand and sympathise with your guy. He wants more than anything in the universe to help you heal. It's easier said than done but you have to let him in. He is the one who would hold you above all others and all else, he is the one that loves you deepest and brighters, he's your man, your husband, your best friend, and if necessary, he's the one that will have to scale or break down the walls to let the light in on you. The one thing I'd have you understand is that he isn't everybody else and he wants to help you, in fact he's dying to help you heal, you just have to let him.
I hope I didn't come off as loud or inconsiderate, but somtimes before the light can come in the walls have to be broken down, turn towards your man, not away from him... It hurts him to see you like this, and even worse when walls come up.
You and June are always welcome here. You are a lucky man. I can't tell you how much having June to talk to these last few days has helped me. She is an amazing woman. I can't say I know how much, but I can see it hurts Bucko to see me this way. I am trying to let the walls come down a little, but it's easier said that done. Bucko seems to be up to challenge of breaking them down. Thank you for showing me this from an HOH's point of view.
DeleteHugs,
TL
Beautiful post, TL. So many wonderful and helpful things have already been said, and I agree completely. This is a place of acceptance and without judgement - you can pour your heart out in this community and you will never be castigated for doing so. You are among friends here, sweetie.
ReplyDeleteWriting out your feelings is such a wonderful way to have them go from the shadows of your mind into the light of day where they can be seen for what they are - the fears of a brutalized child. A child that did not deserve what a twisted excuse for a human being did to her. You can and are rising above that brutalization, you are allowing your inner strengths to shine through, by giving words to your fears you can shrink them, reduce them to what they really are.
I know it sounds silly, but when my children were little and something scared them, we would draw a picture (in great detail), we would give the beast that was haunting them a face - then we would ceremoniously march out the burn pit and with great solemnity, light it on fire. I asked the kids to imagine they could erase their fears the same. Over the years we have cremated monsters, dentists, vampires and all manner of aliens.
I am suggesting, TL, that you are in a process of giving a form to your fears, and with the support of your husband (and whomever else you reach out to) you can do with those memories as you please. You are in control this time.
What that means for your husband and dd, is for the two of you to decide, but it is obvious that anything coming from your husband will be with love.
I see this post as a triumph, TL, nothing less.
hugs and love,
lillie
Thank you, Lillie. This is such a lovely and uplifting comment. So many people have reached out and welcomed me that it's a bit overwhelming. I appreciate so much the care that has been expressed by everyone. It has made me feel like I have accomplished something today by sharing. I have found out that I have a lot more friends than I thought.
DeleteLove and hugs,
TL
{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}} First of all, I love the picture of the clown you picked. And not for any reason you'll think. You know what I saw through everything else in that photo? HOPE. Shining through her eyes. Hope that it's about to get better. Hope that someone is about to rescue her. Hope that she's about to no longer be alone, it's like she can actually see it. And to me, it seems so perfect for you. My mother told me the same things that man told you. That I wasn't worth it, that I deserved to be hurt and worse. But she was wrong, and so was that man. Bucko would never waste his love on someone that wasn't completely worth it. He just wouldn't. He wouldn't give his love to a woman he wouldn't feel he could trust it with. TTWD is so hard when you have abuse in your past, but Bucko isn't trying to tell you something is wrong with you. He's there, hurting that you're hurting, wanting to be your hero, and if that means guiding you and helping you because that makes it easier on you, then that's his love for you speaking. I can guarantee he does not feel you deserve to be hurt. He's wanting to help you, release the hurt, release the heartache, release the guilt. There is so much guilt associated with this kind of past, and he wants you to know you don't have to carry it around any more. {{{HUGS}}} He sees nothing in you that deserves for you to carry that guilt around, and he wants to help you lay it down in any way he can. I wish I could just give you a hug right now, sit down with some comfort food and just talk. But since we can't, if there is any way I can help, I'm here. That man made you feel unlovable, but you could never pay Bucko enough to believe it. Isn't that wonderful? :) You might not be able to let him catch you right now, but it will come. Maybe not tomorrow, maybe not next month, but I'd be surprised if in a year's time you can't look back and be amazed at the strides you've taken. You want to be that person for him, that can trust him to lead, to catch you, to protect you, and as you learn to let those go in yourself, you'll be able to let him do them for you. It is a journey, and it's okay not to rush it. It needs to be slow at times, peeling back layers always is. But you're so worth it! {{{{HUGS}}}}
ReplyDeleteThis is such a hopeful comment. I wish that I did always feel that hope. Some days I do, and I guess that's progress. Thank you for sharing your thoughts and kindness with me.
DeleteHugs,
TL