There will not be singing in this post. For that you are welcome. Tomorrow marks an important day for Bucko and me. For the first time in as long as I can remember we are going on vacation. Not just taking days off work vacation, but honest-to-goodness booking a hotel, driving to another city, phones off, unreachable to the world weekend getaway vacation.
I have been excited all week long. This week has dragged on and seemed like we were never going to get to Friday. Now that Friday is approaching I find myself feeling a little bit of fear. What if I've built this trip up so much in my head, that it is doomed to be a failure. Sayings about counting chickens keep floating through my head.
I did express this fear to Bucko rather than suffering in silence. Bucko assures me that he doesn't care what we do, just getting to be away and be together is enough. I'm trying to put aside the fear now. Bucko wants me to stay excited and I'm trying for him as much as myself.
This is also our first trip since starting TTWD. We are going out of town which means no chance of running into my students or anyone who knows me as Mrs. Bucko. Bucko is really excited to use this opportunity to try on his HOH hat outside of our home. I'm not really sure what to expect. Bucko did tell me he plans to approve the things I'm packing. Apparently if it is appropriate to wear to school I'm not wearing it on this trip. Not sure what to make of that.
I expected it, but nonetheless I am told (by Bucko; I think he's making it up) that birthday spankings are a big thing in DD. Right now I'm not sure what is coming, but I'm trying to stay excited and embrace whatever comes this weekend. I'll be back in time to have Monday Musings up, no worries. Have a great weekend everyone!
How fun! We are getting ready for our first real getaway since starting dd in just a few weeks and I can't wait! I am a little nervous about the whole uninhibited HoH thing. Lol my H has mentioned things like packing implements and mini boot camps. Agh, hopefully I shot that last idea down! Have a great and awesome connecting trip!
ReplyDeleteIt was a great trip. I hope you have one of your own soon.
DeleteHave a wonderful time with your Bucko. I'm thinking the Birthday Spankings will be fun ;) Happy Birthday!!
ReplyDeleteThanks! We had a great time.
DeleteWhile you are away, make a point of finding a good sex toy store! Whether you buy anything or not the shopping trip itself can be so much fun. It's a tittle embarrassing (but in a good way) and you may find a new toy you want to try. It may be out of your comfort zone, but please go for it. For Nick and me it's been so much fun!
ReplyDeleteHave a great time!
PK
We couldn't find a store, but we did seriously try. It was a fun trip anyway.
DeleteHow exciting, have a wonderful time! So great to be able to take time out to focus on each other and connect.
ReplyDeleteBirthday spanking sounds like fun :) Happy Birthday TL!
Hugs
Roz
Thank you! It was a lot of fun just enjoying the company.
DeleteThat sounds like a lot of fun! I hope you both enjoy your time together....and that YOU have a wonderful birthday! :) :)
ReplyDelete~Lucy
It was great! Thanks!
DeleteHave an awesome tie, TL, and a wonderful birthday. Relax, sweetie, you're allowed to have fun,, If you feel the hamster start climbing into the wheel, hand it to Bucko.
ReplyDeleteOh, and if he made up the birthday spankings thing....Ward did too, lol.... but then again, my Daddy needs no excuses :-P
(((hugs)))
I got a little caught up with my expectations, but it was still fun. We had a good time.
DeleteYou will be with your Bucko so just relax and have fun T. Quit overthinking...go with the flow. ;)
ReplyDeleteHave heard a lot of the HoH's explain that the TiH's get all the birthday spankings...hers and his! LOL
Have fun!
Blessings,
Cat
Me? Over think? Never! We had a great time anyway.
Deletei'm new around here, TL, but i wanted to wish you a happy vacation too! the professor and i haven't taken a vacation "alone" since before kids arrived. sigh. i keep hoping that next year (year 20) we'll get to go to paris. a girl can dream, right? :)
ReplyDeletehave a great time! enjoy those spankings. wink.
see you,
maryanne.
Welcome! Thanks for stopping by! Paris would be fun.
DeleteEnjoy!
ReplyDeleteBea
I did, thanks!
DeleteHi TL Hope you have a wonderful time, I agree with PK, Going to a toy shop is great fun. Just relax and have fun. I liked the fact that you can't wear your school clothes, made me laugh
ReplyDeletelove Jan.xx
I had a great time. I'm glad you stopped by.
DeleteYay!!! I do what you do...and get myself all worked up. I like Bucko's idea. Stay excited but don't let you mind go to a million places, filling you up with expectations.
ReplyDeleteWho knows, you might find the greatest joy in the very simplest things this weekend. Enjoy, both of you!
That was pretty much exactly what happened.
DeleteI hope you have a wonderful trip TL :) Weekend getaways are just awesome, enjoy ;)
ReplyDeleteCallie
I had a good time. :D
DeleteSounds like fun! Have a great trip :)
ReplyDeleteWe did, thanks!
DeleteHave a great trip and bday spankings. Try to step back and let Bucko take full lead it will be great. Have fun and defintely good to an adult toy store way fun even just to window shop.
ReplyDeleteIt was a lot of fun!
DeleteHappy birthday TL! I meant to tell you yesterday, I'm sorry for the delay. I hope you had a wonderful trip, and a great birthday! Can't wait to hear all about it, and catch up when you get back.
ReplyDelete-Chelsea
Thank you! I can't wait to get settled and caught up.
DeleteHappy belated Birthday T! Sorry I didn't make it yesterday...another snowstorm took me out...and it's iffy today. ;)
ReplyDeleteHope you had a wonderful birthday.
Blessings,
Cat
Thanks, Cat! I had a great birthday!
DeleteHow exciting! I hope you had a wonderful birthday and a great vacation. :) Hmmm, makes me wonder what he allowed you to pack! lol
ReplyDeleteNot much! It was a fun trip.
Delete