I have gotten some great questions on the last few posts. Many of them have been deep and complicated questions that have allowed me to really think about my DD relationship with my husband. Some of the questions are just plain fun. Thank you all for asking, and I hope I don't disappoint with my answers. I will continue to take questions through the month of March, so keep them coming.
Callie asked:
If you had to explain bruises on your behind to a medical professional, what would you say?
Answer:
Luckily for me I'm one of the clumsiest people on the face of the earth, so if I had to explain bruises it would be easy for anyone who knows me to believe that I fell down. It wouldn't be the first time I got bruises for that reason.
Roz asked:
What positive changes have you seen in yourself since starting ttwd? What is the one area in your relationship you think has benefited
the most?
Answer:
Since starting TTWD I have seen more positive changes in our home than I could probably count. Our home seems to run more smoothly. There aren't periods of frustration and bottling up feelings anymore. I think Bucko and I are both more respectful of each other and more on the same page. I think the area that has benefited the most is how we are together as a couple. I think we are closer now than we have ever been, and are more of a team now than we used to be. It seems odd to say, but I think we both have more of a voice in our relationship now than we did prior to TTWD.
Ami asked:
What has been the biggest benefit TTWD has brought to your lives?
Answer:
The togetherness for us has been huge, but another benefit that I don't think we would have gotten without DD is the confidence. Bucko is more confident in himself, and I'm more confident in him. I think him having that confidence makes me much more sure of the things he says, and that helps my confidence. It is much easier to believe him now when he says that I'm amazing, wonderful, or what have you. He seems so sure of himself about it, that it's hard to disagree. I hope that made sense.
Cathie asked:
What is the hardest thing Bucko has asked you to do in ttwd to show you are committed?
Answer: This one was actually pretty easy. Trust, no doubt about it. The hardest thing Bucko has asked me to do is trust him. Trust has never been my strong suit. I'm used to not being able to depend on others, so to trust that Bucko can handle things without my help has been a challenge at best. This is probably the biggest thing that I still struggle with.
Cat asked:
What is the hardest thing for you to wrap your head around with TTWD?
Answer: The hardest thing for me to wrap my head around as far as DD is concerned is not only can I rely on someone else for help and guidance, but that I should. For someone who has spent the majority of her life depending solely on herself it is difficult to come to the point where you are willing and able to ask for help. Letting go and relying on Bucko to step up has been a big challenge.
These were great questions y'all. I will have another round of answers up in a few days. Please feel free to add more questions to the pile.
These are some important insights, TL. Harmony, togetherness and trust are amazing benefits. It's not something I would trade for anything in the world.
ReplyDeleteI completely agree. I'm very happy with the changes Bucko and I have made.
DeleteGreat answers T! After relying on no one but yourself, relying on someone else for help and guidance is hard isn't it. You're doing very well with that.
ReplyDeleteBlessings,
Cat
Thank you, Cat. I'm trying.
DeleteHugs,
TL
Thanks for your answer, seems many of us DD wives are clumsy, we all thing we can just get away with saying I fell over............ I wonder if it will work.... :)
ReplyDeleteCallie
Here's hoping, Callie!
DeleteHugs,
TL
If you and Bucko were animals what would you be? Are they your favorite animals?
ReplyDeleteGreat question. I will answer that one in my next round of questions and answers posts.
DeleteHi TL. thank your for sharing, and for answering my question. It's wonderful to see the positive changes you have highlighted since starting ttwd. Trust and togetherness. Awesome isn't it?
ReplyDeleteHugs,
Roz
It is pretty great Roz. Thanks for the question.
Delete