Saturday, March 30, 2013

DD in Walmart?

Oh my goodness!  No way!  I couldn't believe my ears.  There is no way that this just happened, but it did.

Bucko and I went to Wal-Mart to get groceries.  He sent me up another aisle to grab something while he went back, because we needed milk.  Well as I was walking up the next aisle I heard a male voice in THAT tone say, "I'm going to spank you." 

Say what now?!?  At first I thought I was hearing things.  I've heard before how once you start DD you see and hear spanking everywhere, but then he repeated it.  "I'm going to bend you over my knee and spank you." Then he repeated it again.  After the third time I was sure I wasn't going out of my mind.

I didn't make eye contact with the couple.  I'm not sure if that was to avoid embarrassing them or me.  I'm pretty sure it's the latter, but how do you react to something like that?  I went back to Bucko and relayed the story of what I had heard.  This lead to an interesting discussion in the car.

Bucko said he probably would have nodded or given some gesture of brotherhood to his fellow HOH, while I said that would be a horrible thing to do and would probably embarrass that poor woman.  Frankly I would have died if Bucko had said anything like that, especially in public loud enough for someone to hear. I'm curious as to how other wives and husbands would have reacted having heard what I did.       

While I am still reeling from shock and on some small level embarrassment, I can't help but feel a little more at ease knowing I'm not the only one.  Holy cow! DD in Wal-Mart of all places! 

22 comments:

  1. I feel sometimes that Tm says things a bit louder than is necessary. I don't think he realizes how voices carry in public sometimes. Thankfully no one I knew was ever around in such instances.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad nobody you knew was around. I am always afraid of someone hearing and being embarrassed.

      Delete
  2. A definite line was crossed by that guy, in my opinion! The idea of respect is a two-way street and he should respect her enough to deal with matters by whispering or waiting for privacy! Poor girl...
    I guess you just never know what you'll see or hear at Wal-Mart...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't say how she felt, as I was too embarrassed to look up from my cart, but I know how I would have felt. I wouldn't want something like that said loud enough for others to hear.

      Delete
  3. Your Walmart is way more exciting than ours.
    Bea

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh WOW TL!!! How interesting! LOL! I think that I would have been too embarrassed to look as well! Well, I guess you never know what you might find at a Walmart! :) Hugs!

    <3 Katie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not sure how I would have reacted. Probably as you did. But honestly the first thing I would have worried about was whether or not she was being abused. Where I might have loved having Nick whisper this to me while we were out and about I wouldn't expect him to broadcast it. I have to agree with Kim here, an HOH's job is to love and protect his significant other, that means from ridicule and embarrassment too (well there might be some embarrassment at home between the two of them at times, but not in public). There is a difference from a loving man accidentally saying something too loud as Mischief said Tm did, and this guy who said it clearly 3 times. I feel he was trying to be seem as some big macho man in public at her expense. Doesn't sound like much of a man to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tend to agree with you PK. I would not want my Bucko doing the same thing, and told him so. On purpose public humiliation is never cool. I also have to agree that the whispered threat is pretty hot, but that is just between Bucko and me, not for the world.

      Delete
  6. I would probably laugh. You see, she does know you heard it and because you didn't laugh you don't think it was a joke. It's a double edged sword that one.
    I love Bucko's response. H would probably do something similar to what he suggested. If H said it in public, I'd be more worried about what I'd done than what he'd actually said.

    Callie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hadn't thought about it that way. It sounded like serious HOH tone to me, but maybe it was a joke. Maybe people can read DD on my forehead and were just messing with me. Food for thought.

      Delete
  7. Oh My TL, I think I would have reacted much the same as you.

    Oh gosh, now you've got me worried that we might be the couple being overheard! Just kidding. Rick occasionally will say things in public, but it is always very discrete, and he makes sure there is nobody else in close proximity.

    LoL at Bucko's comment. I can imagine Rick saying that.

    Hugs,
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bucko likes to say stuff in public too and it freaks me out, because I'm always afraid that people we know will hear it.

      Hugs,
      TL

      Delete
  8. Hey T...I would have made eye contact with her just to see what the situation was (joking, HoH/TiH/abuse). Without really making eye contact and looking at the body language, there is really no way to know what was going on. Maybe she was rolling her eyes at him and kept doing it...who knows.

    Have no clue why people seem to think that they can dress and behave in Wal-Mart as if they are in the privacy of their own home but...just remember all the pictures floating around the net. ;)

    I did have to laugh at Bucko's comment! ;)

    Wishing you and yours and wonderful Easter.

    Blessings,
    Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish now I had been brave enough to look. Now that the shock has worn off I'm curious. Hey, that eye rolling thing is hard.

      I agree. It is one of my biggest fears to end up a person of Walmart. That Bucko is a silly guy!

      Happy Easter,
      TL

      Delete
  9. Awww TL...you should have looked at them and said, " OH PHEW. He's talking to you. For a moment there I thought my husband found out I put ______ in the cart! "

    Yeah, I wouldn't have been able to do it either! lol

    Bucko!! Big meanie.
    love willie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL. It's one of those moments where you think of the perfect thing to do, after the fact. I know, right. He has no pity for the poor girl.

      Love,
      TL

      Delete
  10. Okay, laughing so hard at Willie's comment first. Okay, catching breath. I don't know what I would have done. OH MY GOODNESS. I think I would have done the same as you did. Head down, and booted it back to my husband. Now if my husband ever did that to me, I think I'd be in one fine fight of me trying to take back control and him not letting me! So not showing him this post, he does not need any ideas like this. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Willie's comment cracked me up. I made it clear to Bucko that comments like that in public were so not cool. Hopefully he will take that to heart. Good luck with The Duke!

      Delete
  11. Oh my! I have been swatted in an empty aisle in Target and more than once in a parking lot, but he always checks before he does it and it hasn't happened recently. If he were to open his mouth and say that out loud...lol...I sure don't know what I'd do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bucko is a swatter too. He's done it in public a few times, but he does check to make sure no one is around. I would die if he said something loud enough to be heard.

      Delete