Saturday, April 13, 2013

Busy Week and Spring Fling Update

Hi everybody.  I apologize for my absence.  This week has been crazy.  I have literally been pouring myself into bed every night this week, and then getting up to try it all again the next.  It has been a good week with some awesome stuff happening at school.  It has been one of those weeks where I have felt like things were crazy, but all my hard work was worth it.  I know I haven't gotten to respond to comments from Monday's post, or get up any others.  I am hoping tomorrow will bring time to blog.

So far my spring fling challenge has been going really well.  Except for a few moments my blood sugar has been really good this week.  I had the lowest one I've had since becoming diabetic.  I admit I also had a few high ones.  I'd like to blame Bucko for deciding we were going to the Chinese buffet Friday night, but the fact is I could have gotten more veggies and less fortune cookies.  I do feel like I made progress on this this week.

Yoga class was great.  I really enjoyed it and met some new friends.  I have done my workout twice and only have to do it tomorrow to meet my four times a week goal.

I have been meditating more, but with the crazy week it has been harder to find the time.  I have decided that the best way to approach this may be to leave myself notes in my car and on my desk reminding me to take my twelve minutes.  Hopefully next week's much less busy schedule will help with this too.

All is pretty quiet on the Bucko and TL front this week.  We had some really great conversations that said a lot about where we are in our marriage.  I am hoping for reconnection tomorrow and I do have some DD things to share.  I just need to find the time.  

Time to pour myself into bed again.  I am sorry if anyone was worried.  I should be around more in the coming weeks as things wind down at school for summer.  I hope everyone had a great week.    

16 comments:

  1. Glad to hear all is well! Great job on the blood sugar!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It's amazing how much better I feel now that it's more normal.

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the update TL, sounds like things are going really well for you at the moment :D

    Callie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are going really well. I was just so busy it was hard to get on at all, much less write a post.

      Delete
  3. Hi TL, glad you had a busy but good week and that things will settle down for you soon. Sounds as though you have been going great guns with the challenge. Good on you! especially given how busy you have been too.

    Wishing you the best as you continue with the challenge.

    Hugs,
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This week should be more settled. I have a ton of things I want to write and say, but I haven't had the time. I didn't do my yoga tonight, but this weekend turned out to be crazy busy too.

      Delete
  4. So glad it's going well, TL.
    We are rooting for you.
    Bea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Bea. This support is really helping me to keep going.

      Delete
  5. Hi TL,

    Being "good busy" is a great thing! Glad to hear that all is well. Congrats on your yoga, meditation and especially your blood sugars! :). Awesome job! Hugs!

    <3 Katie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Katie. It has been an amazing week. Only six more left until summer break!

      Delete
  6. Sound like you're doing well. Glad you checked in!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am thanks. It was one of those weeks where I washed my hair twice in the shower, because I couldn't remember if I did it or not.

      Delete
  7. Glad to see you doing well!

    Betsy;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It's nice to be doing well. It feels good right now.

      Delete
  8. Wait, you were missing?

    You had a great week and should be so proud that your hard work paid off professionally and personally. Don't you just love it when a plan comes together?

    love, willie

    P.S. Tell the Buckster to pick it up a bit would ya? I need some good reading material. * wink *

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad things are going good

    ReplyDelete