As I sadly head back to work after a wonderful spring break it occurs to me that spring is the time to try new things or spruce things up. Es May over at Submitting to be Led had a great idea. She has started a Spring Fling Challenge.
I'm not great with exercise and taking care of my blood sugar. Doing these things would help me lose the weight I'm always complaining about. For me it's not so much about the weight, it's a nice bonus, but it's about just being healthy and having more energy. I have also started meditating to help me relax and feel less stressed.
Here are my goals:
1. I am taking a yoga class once a week. My goal is to go to that class and do my yoga DVD 3 other times during the week for a total of 4.
2. I am going to be eating on a schedule with certain times planned in for meals and snacks. This is to help keep my blood sugar level throughout the day.
3. At meal times I am going to go back to measuring the amount of carbs I'm eating. I am going to make sure that at least half my plate is non starchy veggies.
4. I am going to make sure that I'm doing my 2-3 minute meditations 3-4 times a day like my meditation instructor (guru?) says. It's not too much to ask to take 12 minutes out of my day for myself.
5. I am going to be checking my blood sugar at least twice a day to make sure it's staying where it should.
I'm going to look at the gadgets feature on blogger and see if I can find one where I can keep you all up to date on how I'm doing. Bucko is going to be helping to hold me accountable for these goals as well.
I find it's easier to stick to goals when you have a group, so anyone that wants to join in please feel free. We'll do it together!
I'm in the same boat - back to work with no desire to be there. I did better than usual while off work with the weight thing, but work usually irritates me and I tend to eat when I'm pissed.
ReplyDeleteBest of luck on you challenge.
Hugs,
PK
Thanks PK. Good luck with your kids and the full moon.
DeleteHugs,
TL
Hey TL, these are excellent goals, good on you! I will certainly be cheering you on!
ReplyDeleteHugs,
Roz
Break out the pom poms sister. We are doing this like we mean it. :D Thanks for the support.
DeleteHugs,
TL
Oh, TL, these are just great. :) And they're so geared at helping you feel better. Mine are selfishly to be thin. LOL You are right, sometimes we hear - 4x a day, and think it's too much, but when you think of it as 12 minutes, it really puts it into perspective. I have an eye exercise I'm supposed to do 10x a day for only 10 seconds, but I forget, this had reminded me to put that on my schedule! lol I can't wait to hear how you are feeling in a few weeks time. :) {{{HUGS}}} Wrestling with hypoglycemia myself, I have to eat a lot like a diabetic, so I know how hard it is to have your sugars all wonky. :( It can really change your whole outlook and emotions. :( I really can't wait to see what we're like in a month. :) :)
ReplyDeleteI did pretty well today, so I'm happy with that. And for the record if it makes you feel better about yourself it's not selfish. It's awesome. I can't wait to see how far we go. :D
DeleteGreat goals! I'm excited to see so many doing the spring challenge. Scheduled meals is a good idea. Here's to Spring!
ReplyDeleteHere's to it. I'm glad to have such a big group supporting me.
DeleteYou can do it! I don't do well unless I have motivation and having a group to check in with should really help. That and the fact that George is on board and if I don't follow the plan, he'll make sure I can't sit for the entire 10 weeks. He says that alone should keep me moving. ;)
ReplyDeleteBucko is on board too. He said he was proud of me for signing up for yoga. I'm sure he'll help me stick to it. I think it will be easier if we are in it together.
DeleteGood luck TL. These sound like great goals :)
ReplyDeleteCallie
Thanks, Callie.
DeleteThese a good goals - very attainable. Good for you!
ReplyDeleteI tried to make them reasonable. That tends to be my problem. I make big goals I can't stick too. Hopefully these will be easier. :D
DeleteNot so easy to go back to work after a nice vacation.
ReplyDeleteGood luck on the spring challenge! :)
I will be joining the spring challenge next week when I'm not sick anymore.
Feel better soon! Can't wait to have you join us.
DeleteI also have health reasons for exercise....that's almost harder than for vanity....you cannot physically see the results. Good Luck! Think how great we will feel by summer.
ReplyDeleteI can't wait. I'm not sure if that's I can't wait for summer vacation or the new and improved me. :D Welcome to blogland!
DeleteGreat goals! I might have to consider joining the challenge...I need it! Good luck!
ReplyDeleteIt's a great way to stay motivated. :D
DeleteLike I have been saying, nothing like public, anonymous shame to get a girl motivated! I will be cheering you on, from the sidelines. Beverage in hand, umbrella optional!
ReplyDeleteYou can do this. You HAVE to do this!
love willie
That better be a healthy umbrella drink, Missy. You are a great cheerleader. I'm sure you will shame me into a great new body! It's been a challenge this week, but I do feel much better.
DeleteLove,
TL