Tuesday, April 30, 2013

It's the Little Things

Fair warning, this may come off as a whiny post.  I'm completely aware that I'm being over sensitive and making a big deal out of what is most likely nothing, but like the song says, "it's my blog I'll whine if I want to." 

I've heard more than one of us DD wives say on more than one occasion that it's the little things that make us love DD.  The things like him putting his arm around you to guide you away from traffic, or the protective way he tucks the covers around you while you sleep.

I'm here to say that it's also the little things about DD that can cause the most stress and strife.  Last night, I think (yes I said think, because I'm not really sure.  I'm totally aware that I'm not exactly giving my husband the benefit of the doubt, but just go with me on this.) I think I left the door unlocked.  This has been one of Bucko's biggest rules since the beginning.  He didn't say anything when he came home.  Now I know it may be because I didn't actually leave the door unlocked, but have you ever had one of those feelings where you just KNOW something happened.  That's how I feel about this.

I hedged and hinted that something might be off hoping Bucko would take that as his cue.  He did notice something was wrong, but I couldn't quite come out and say what was wrong.  I did tell him I was feeling off, which in our house is usually the high sign for pull out your paddle and fix it.  All Bucko managed was, "I can tell."  Now I know we are both tired, but it made me feel a little blown off.  I let it go (stew.)

Tonight I got home late.  I had an appointment after school, then I had to run to the store, and just when Bucko was calling to say he was heading home, I was pulling out the pans to start dinner.  I was feeling a little tired so I asked if he happened to get a sudden craving for tacos.  That's when it happened.  He gave a long suffering sigh and said, "Okay fine."  Now I was (mostly) kidding about the tacos, but something about the way he reacted has me very upset.  I would have been fine if he'd have just said not tonight and moved on.  The way he said it bothered me.  I felt like a burden.  I feel angry.  Like I said, it's the little things.

I had gotten Bucko a card while at the store hoping for a pleasant evening.  Now I know I'm being a brat, but the card is sitting in the drawer, because I don't feel moved to give it to him.  I know I should put on my big girl panties and talk to him, but I don't want to.  No amount of my telling myself to "suck it up, cupcake," is making me feel better.  I'm hoping by putting down my whiny thoughts I will feel better, but so far it hasn't happened yet.   He'll be home soon, and I'm not sure what I want to say.  Hopefully it will come to me.

On a side note, I am so sorry for being slow in responding to comments and such.  The last weeks of school are hectic and it is taking me longer than usual.  I promise I will get to them, tonight or tomorrow. 

30 comments:

  1. I don't have any advice but here is a ((hug!))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes hugs are even better than advice.

      Delete
  2. Hey T...you know you need to TALK to Bucko sweetie so git er done! Sending lots of positive and healing energy your way.

    Hugs and Blessings,
    Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We did, eventually. Things are good now.

      Hugs,
      TL

      Delete
  3. Well my love, I have two train of thought here, 1) you are tired b/c of the crazy past two weeks and things that normally wouldn't bother you are OR 2) There is something else bothering you. Only you can figure out if that is the case, and what it is.

    Little things don't normally get to you, so what is the real reason you are irritated/ hurt by Bucko's actions/lack of them? It will come to you. Don't push it. Hopefully tonight you can find a way to 'warm' up a bit :)

    love willie

    Oh I forgot...you haven't talked to me in a while...that must be it !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A lack of Willie, must be the source of all my problems. Take that in whatever context you will. ;)

      Love and hugs,
      TL

      Delete
  4. I'm thinking along the lines of Willie, your tired - the small things get to you easier. The end of school is just around the corner. Hang in there.
    Btw, you don't sound whiny.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I didn't sound too whiny. Almost there now.

      Hugs,
      TL

      Delete
  5. Sounds like you just want to get reconnected and feel grounded again and you know that spanking does that for you. Could you just ask for a spanking? Of course, if he blows you off again, you'll be really irritated! But at least it would be a place to start the conversation... hugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It worked out okay eventually. I think we were both frustrated with work.

      Hugs,
      TL

      Delete
  6. Hope you get to feeling better. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hang in there TL. I too am thinking that you are both really busy and tired at the moment. I know what you mean, we get used to them stepping up and noticing and doing those little things and when it doesn't happen we feel disconnected.

    I think you know what you need to say to him :) I hope you are able to reconnect soon.

    ((Hugs))
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Roz. Things are better now. It was just a rough week all around.

      Hugs,
      TL

      Delete
  8. I'm with Cat here, TL. He's not a mind reader, sweetie. You said he was tired too. It's a lot less burdensome for our guys if we say - I'm sorry I was distracted and I think I may have left the door open, was it open when you came in? or I need some help here, please. That's less tiring than them feeling like there is something wrong that they may not be able to fix because we can't identify it. They like to be able to fix things for us.

    Guys don't do well with hints, and with us expecting them to pick up on our moods. They are the rational ones. We are the emotional ones. They need a little help to know what's going on with us. You may be tired, but when he knows what you need he can help alleviate that weariness.

    (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Apparently I didn't leave it unlocked, but I did the next day. Things are okay now. We are back on a more even keel now.

      Hugs,

      Delete
  9. I started thinking I may try this, and feel free to steal the idea, of tying a blue ribbon around something he would notice, like the remote, to let him know that I need connection time. I need his attention. And I need it sooner rather than later.
    Just an idea...
    (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  10. I thought the last few weeks of school was supposed to be a sweetness and light. LOL! Surviving and finding our way home should be all we're expected to do right now. But I'm totally with you on this post - it is the little things. Most of the time they roll off my back, but then there are the time they stick like a burr. I get pissy and hurt and withdraw. The only good part is that I get over it, but sometime I want to spend some time just being pissed.

    Don't worry school will eventually end for the year and our moods will improve enormously!

    PK

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah. I've just got to grab my whip and chair and I'll be all set for the last couple weeks. 19 days and counting.

      Hugs,
      TL

      Delete
  11. Hi TL, write the card, get talking sweet pea, Love Jan.xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm late, so the incident is over. What I would suggest next time is.. hold that thought.. do not speak it. Then when he gets the tacos (I am assuming you mean take out), then tell him how much you appreciate that he did that, and how very tired you were with all that's been going on. Tell him how wonderful it is to have a husband that is willing to make life easier in the tough times. I'm sure he would drop his negative thought, and be glad that he was able to do that for you. Men really do like to be the night in shining armor. Hope it all went well for you. God bless you and yours, Belle L.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's right--your blog, whine away! Actually, it didn't sound whiny. It sounded like two tired people both trying to get through the busy week and inadvertently letting out some of the angst on each other.

    Hey Bucko, spank her already would ya?! You'll both feel better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure if I should tell you to encourage him or not to. Thanks Susie. Feeling better now.

      Hugs,
      TL

      Delete
  14. I'm behiind in blogs, sorry, so this may already be worked out. But I get the sigh sometimes. It really hurts. But I finally talked to the Duke, and usually it is more because of his day being bad, than what I'm offering him for supper. Sometimes with a bad day, his one hope is for a good meal when he comes home. I've learned to ask him what it is he wants. Usually, he'll admit he had his heart on a take out burger, or something that is easier than what I even suggested. Not sure this would work in your case... but thought I'd offer. As for waiting, somehow we all try it, and somehow it never works for us. I wish I knew why it was so hard for us to admit when we're hurting, I think we always worry, no matter what they've shown us, that we'll be a burden to them if they have to deal with us... again. {{{HUGS}}} He loves you. There may be the odd day where he's tired and not up to task, but most days, he wants to do what is best for you, and for the both of you. {{{HUGS}}} You ARE worth it! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sigh thing really does hurt. He did it again the other day, but things are better now. Hope things are well for you and the Duke.

      Hugs,
      TL

      Delete
  15. Boy do I know what you're talking about. Chin up, dearie.
    Bea

    ReplyDelete