Today my world feels very different. Everything feels lighter. The sky is brighter, the jokes are funnier, and the sad things don't seem so sad anymore. I will admit I am a weepier person now than I have ever been. It seems like now I'm in a place where I feel all the emotions I had so long bottled up. Everything makes me cry these days. But they don't seem to be sad tears. They are just tears of release. Today I can cry without feeling so ashamed. I'm less worried about feeling or seeming weak and my focus is just feeling what I feel.
I cannot possibly say how much the support of this community has meant to me as I go through this struggle. I wish I could tell you it was all over and you will never again see sad TL, but I can't promise that. It wouldn't be honest or realistic. What I can say is thank you. It doesn't feel like enough, but it is the best that I can offer. There is not enough wine or chocolate in the world to express how grateful I am for the way many of you have rallied around me during this time. You have helped pull me out of that dark pit and allowed me the opportunity to pour my heart out. As a result of that kindness I'm starting to feel the sunshine again. Thank you doesn't even begin to feel like enough.
I have to say that I owe so much of this wonderful place to my husband. He is one of the strongest people I know. He has been there to hold my hand every step of the way when many men in his shoes would have run in the other direction. I saw the hurt in his face when I couldn't bear to have him touch me, but what I also saw was patience and love. He has worked so hard to give me what I need. He has stepped up and become a leader in our home. I wasn't always sure he could be that man, but he is that man and much more than I ever expected. He steps up even when I doubt, and his stepping up has made it easier to trust him. I still have moments of doubt where I cling to my own trapeze and my safety net, but I'm starting to know he will catch me if I reach for his hand.
I heard this song on the radio today. Ironically, Bucko is not a Rascal Flatts fan, but this song couldn't be more perfect to express what kind of man he is. It brought more of those tears of release as I thought about how far we have come. Again thank you doesn't feel like enough. I love you, Bucko.
Such a great post TL. It's great that you can look back and think about how far you have come and the role that Bucko has played in it :)
ReplyDeleteCallie
Thanks, Callie. It does seem like we've come a long way. I definitely could not have done this without my Bucko.
DeleteHappy to read this story of love and admiration
ReplyDeleteWelcome Malcolm. Thank you very much. I'm glad you liked it. I'm a lucky girl. He's a wonderful man.
Delete* Gimme a B...gimme a U ...* okay you know what forget that I'm exhausted already.
ReplyDeleteYou have a great man there. BUT here is where I want you to pay attention...you are his muse to greatness my friend. YOU are his reason. He wants this for YOU. AND YOU are doing it! No you are not doing it alone, but for once YOU are asking for help. That is HUGE. And moreover, you are accepting it ! I'm so very proud of you ( although I have no right to be...but too bad!).
love willie
( betcha thought I was going to drool all over Bucko again? Sorry Buckster, next time :) )
Willie, I'm proud of you too. I was sure I was going to hear more about how wonderful Bucko is. I know what a special thing to the two of you have. ;) Thank you, my wonderful friend. You are also a large part of the reason I'm not still wallowing in my pit of despair.
DeleteLove,
TL
P.S. Buckster! I love it. So stealing that.
This is a wonderful post of happiness, optimism and love! I am very happy for you, sweetie. We all have times when we hit the ground hard, but those times teach us, too. The secret is learning to see the opportunities for growth in those times. I am struggling with that very thing right now. To come out of it and open your eyes to a world of joy and love is the ultimate win. You have done that, kiddo.
ReplyDeleteLove this post!
hugs
lillie
Thank you, Lillie. I hope that your struggles are short and you too find a place of happiness soon. We are all here if you need someone to talk to. I can say that the struggles make this time of peace even more sweet.
DeleteHugs,
TL
How sweet. I'm glad you're in the sun again. :)
ReplyDeleteM.
Thank you. It's nice to be here.
DeleteAwww T...ya just had to go and do it didn't ya! Sitting here with tears rolling down my face and a big smile. I am so proud of you and Bucko...you have both worked so hard to bring you out of that dark place. What an awesome team you are! Sending lots of prayers and positive energy for your continued growth and healing!
ReplyDeleteHugs and Blessings,
Cat
As long as they are happy tears I'm okay with that. Thank you for being our cheerleader. You have been one of those voices that has kept me moving through the darkness. I can't tell you how much your positive words have meant.
DeleteHugs,
TL
I love this song, and this post is most beautiful, TL. I am so glad you have come into the light. It's not a guarantee that the darkness will never descend again - but that's the message - you are stronger side by side and he will lift you up when you can't do it yourself. What a love! How very lucky we are. Kudos and much respect to Bucko and great big hugs to both of you. (((((hugs)))))
ReplyDeleteThank you, June. I'm sure the darkness will make its appearance sometime again, but it doesn't seem as scary as it used to, and I'm not going to spend my time in the sunshine worrying about when it will come again. Bucko is a wonderful man and I couldn't be more blessed to have him in my life.
DeleteTL
Good news. I'm glad you've turned the corner.
ReplyDeleteHugs,
Bea
Thank you. I'm glad too.
DeleteHugs,
TL
You are so wonderful, and it's wonderful to know you are smiling again. Bad days will come, but so will the good. {{{HUGS}}} I hope Bucko gets to read your post, or hear you read it to him, and hear your praise. :) So precious.
ReplyDeleteThank you Es May. I'm in a good place and happy to be here. I don't think he's gotten a chance to read yet, but I'm sure he will. Thanks for the warm words of support.
DeleteSo glad you're feeling lighter. Hugs to you!
ReplyDeleteThanks so much.
DeleteHugs!
I am so proud of you both!!! To do the hard work, the tough places and find yourself in the sunshine... Hats off!!!
ReplyDeleteThank you Dana. You are a great cheerleader. We appreciate it more than I could say. :D
DeleteHugs,
TL
My daughter sang this song in church once. It is not a "religious" song, but she felt it was appropriate. After all God wants us to encourage and be there for others. I'm so glad that you are feeling better. I pray that the postitiveness continues, and that you have many more happy, smiling days ahead. You are right in that there are things that will still put us in another storm of life. It's so wonderful that you have a man that will stand there with you, along with other friends. Then there is God, who promises never to leave or to forsake you. I suffer from depression and anxiety. It can just be a chemical thing at times or it can be a reaction to another storm of life. It does so help to know there are people who love and care, and a God who claims us as His children. Love and prayers, Belle L.
ReplyDeleteThank you for the kind words. The song seemed to be a perfect fit for what Bucko and I have been through lately. I'm very grateful for all the the blessings in my life. Having them makes weathering the next storm not so scary.
DeleteLove,
TL
Hi TL, I am so glad that you are in such a great place at the moment, long may it last. You are a very special person ,just remember that and lucky to have Bucko along for the ride.
ReplyDeletelove Jan.xx
Hey Jan,
DeleteThanks. I hope it last too. I am a lucky girl and he continues to show me that every day.
Love,
TL
This is lovely. You sound happy and content and I bet Bucko is over the moon and more than happy to be your safe place.
ReplyDeleteHugs to both of you x
We both seem to be in a really good place right. It's a very good thing.
DeleteHugs,
TL
TL, this is so lovely. It's so wonderful to see that you are in the sunlight. Those dark days may return, but you now know that they will end and that you have a wonderful man to help you through. You have both worked very hard and are now reaping the rewards. That's love. Kudos to you both!
ReplyDeleteHugs,
Roz
Thanks Roz. You are another one of those amazing cheerleaders. Thank you for continuing to stop by and offer your support.
DeleteLove and hugs,
TL
Hi TL,
ReplyDeleteI am really really happy that things are going so much better for you and Bucko! How wonderful! I really love that Rascal Flatts song. They write some good stuff. Beautiful post TL! Hugs!
<3 Katie
Thank you, Katie. It feels nice to be in a good place. Yes, they write some great stuff, but Bucko is not a fan. I can't figure out why.
DeleteHugs,
TL
You caught me at the "releasing tears" b/c that is such a good way say it. The grieving tears and sad tears become less but there is so much to get out and it is okay. The rays of sunshine come down inbetween and I realize how cheesy that sounds but I know you know what I mean.
ReplyDeleteYour journey has been painful TL and I've cried along the way with you but thank you so much for sharing it with us. We all learn so much from each other.
Thank you, Susie. I know exactly what you mean. It does seem that the bad stuff doesn't last as long now. I'm hoping that I will be able to share happy times for a while.
DeleteDoing my happy dance for you TL! So wonderful to see you in a happy place after this long struggle and still more wonderful that you have let go and put yourself fully in Bucko's hands when it is so hard to cede control. We'll all have a happy cry with you then all dance along. Very pleased indeed.
ReplyDeleteMany hugs
Ami
Thanks, Ami. It feels good to be in a happy place. It's still a struggle sometimes, but that seems to be okay too. It's not so bad or scary anymore.
DeleteHugs,
TL